SaraKhan
castitout

Monotheism in Christianity

SaraKhan

Con

Now you see many Christians have approached me saying Christianity is all about monotheism and then they bring about the trinity and how humans have components and those components come together to form one. I'd like a debate on this, it'd be quite interesting. Though no hard feelings.
castitout

Pro

Monotheism is the belief of one God. I am a Christian and I believe in one God and I also believe that Jesus Christ is the literal son of God (the messiah) who died for the sins of everyone who believes in him. Through praying to God, asking Jesus for forgiveness of sins, repenting, and following Jesus's two commandments we are filled with the Holy Spirit.
SaraKhan

Con

SaraKhan forfeited this round.
castitout

Pro

castitout forfeited this round.
SaraKhan

Con

SaraKhan forfeited this round.
castitout

Pro

castitout forfeited this round.
Posted by SitaraForGod 3 years ago
SitaraForGod
I will begin with: Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!, add: John 10:30 I and My Father are one.", add: John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.", add: John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it., and: John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth., and do not forget Acts 5:3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? 4 While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
The conclusion? There is one God that exists in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.