Starstream
Parrhesiasylo

Montessori teaching

Starstream

Pro

I went to a public Montessori school when I was younger and loved it! It was great because they didn't push us to do work and we learns at our own pace! Now days though regular public schools push you and you have to sit in a desk! What would you like for your child? Montessori, or regular?
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Are you talking about high schools or elementary?

"I went to a public Montessori school when I was younger and loved it! It was great because they didn't push us to do work and we learns at our own pace!"

We are already wasting time with the education of children, and each child learns differently. When we are young and carefree it is easier to be focused on studies as it is one of the only things that we "need" to worry about. Also our brains are better at problem solving. As a kid I remember one of my friends going to a Montessori school and she also loved it because she did not do as much work as I did, and was constantly praised by the teachers. However, when we both advanced to the same high school she realized that Montessori had not prepared her for a "real school" (as she said).

"Now days though regular public schools push you and you have to sit in a desk! "

Well that is the point of a school isn't it? to be pushed, to learn, to get smarter... If you weren't to sit at a desk where else would you sit. I remember having to sit on the floor/yoga balls, all that did was create tension in my back.

"What would you like for your child? Montessori, or regular?"

I don't know how much Montessori was at your age, but now it is at least a $1000 dollars a month, and the schools are very small so there is no diversity. In my opinion an public school would be better.

Also I don't know what to make of this debate.. Do you want to debate or are you simply asking for opinions?
Starstream

Pro

Starstream forfeited this round.
Starstream

Pro

Starstream forfeited this round.
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Parrhesiasylo forfeited this round.
Starstream

Pro

Starstream forfeited this round.
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Parrhesiasylo forfeited this round.
Starstream

Pro

Starstream forfeited this round.
Parrhesiasylo

Con

Parrhesiasylo forfeited this round.
Posted by Starstream 2 years ago
Starstream
This is not iamsuchabratandloser.org you know
Posted by Starstream 2 years ago
Starstream
Ok Jabuticaba you need to stay off my stuff this was a debate about montissori schools and their chooses and talk about how bratty I am.Org get it jerk?!
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
I am afraid you lack understanding of the point of this website. This website is literally called "Debate.org" not "talkabouturlife.org". This website is for debating, understanding opinions and forums etc. Not a way to update your status. If you are going to ask a question like this, do such in a forum, this is not worth of being a debate.