Jebediah-Kerman
pyrotyguy

Moon Hoax

Jebediah-Kerman

Jebediah-Kerman

Con

My second moon hoax debate, my first was a bit of a fail, given that my opponent gave no evidence or anything- http://www.debate.org... . So anyone that can actually do good, please accept.
pyrotyguy

Pro

Assuming the first round is just for Accepting the challenge.... I shall accept it and prove to you that the moon landing was in fact A Giant hoax.

I look forward to your reply
Jebediah-Kerman

Con

Thanks for accepting, you look like a worthy opponent. KSP is also my favorite game :D.

Rules: Please be logical and reasonable, and we will use the innocent until proven guilty method with the footage. Also, no swearing or name calling. Thank you.

Questions: Why didn't the Soviets say the moon landings were faked? Numerous countries, including the Soviets, tracked the flight, along with lots of other astronomers.

Why did the US go back to the moon 6 other times? As you know, the Saturn-V

What reason would the US have to fake the landings?

By the way, what did you think of my other debate with changb?
pyrotyguy

Pro

pyrotyguy forfeited this round.
Jebediah-Kerman

Con

Okay then... my questions still stand. Please do not forfeit though dude, it makes arguments very lame.
pyrotyguy

Pro

Why didn't the Soviets say the moon landings were faked? Numerous countries, including the Soviets, tracked the flight, along with lots of other astronomers.

I do not have a solid answer for you. My Best assumptions could either be that:
A. Information was falsified by agents working for the us with the tracking data.
B. They lied about tracking the data but didn't want to start a big argument.

If the first Hoax was successful, What would stop them for faking the rest

To Beat the Soviets in the space race. It was a big deal between the two countries for the US to beat the soviets to the moon.

Now my arguments:

Looking at this picture here: http://i2.wp.com...
It would suggest multiple lighting sources. This could very well be from stage lighting aiming in different directions.

In this picture: http://i1.wp.com...
We have a rock which looks like it has a letter c inscribed on it. This could be from a prop company labeling a rock to take a picture of. But forgetting to place the c downward.

And lastly we have this picturee:http://i1.wp.com...
Which NASA claims to have miles apart with the exact same background.
Jebediah-Kerman

Con

Sorry, I accidentally cut of one of my arguments: Why did the US go back to the moon 6 other times? As you know, the Saturn-V costs lots of money, I think in the millions, but I don't know for sure.

Rebuttal 1: Your first picture which supposedly shows two light sources is not valid. Think about it, if there were two light sources acting upon the rocks and the LEM, then there would be TWO shadows, not just one. Think about it, if you're in a gym with those big lights, you have multiple shadows, not just one. As shown is this photo, http://www.braeunig.us... you can see the shadows pointing in different directions, yet there is one light source. There are slopes that mess with the angles that you see the shadows.

Rebuttal 2: The picture is not the original picture, and likely had a coiled hair in the shape of a C on it.

Rebuttal 3: Those are infact the same mountains, the NASA person was at fault. Those pictures were taken within minutes of each other.
pyrotyguy

Pro

pyrotyguy forfeited this round.
pyrotyguy

Pro

pyrotyguy forfeited this round.
Posted by Jebediah-Kerman 3 years ago
Jebediah-Kerman
Sorry, the source for my round 4: http://www.braeunig.us...
Posted by pyrotyguy 3 years ago
pyrotyguy
I know it will not affect the voting but i aplogize for missing a round. I had was working when the deadline hit
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Debates are supposed to have aou have be resolution. Always provide a resolution. It would be best to go Pro on "The US accomplished a moon landing." If Con, then "The moon landing was faked."

The evidence that it occurred includes the undeniable fact that all the equipment capable of going to the moon was built. Many thousands of people working at thousands of companies designed and built the equipment for the purpose. If it were a hoax, many people would know that the components did not function as claimed, and it would be impossible to keep it a secret. The Mafia and al Qaeda cannot keep secrets, and they are run by fanatics.

The scientific data collected on the moon missions was later confirmed by other space probes, including those of the Russians.

The astronautic left prism corner reflectors on the surface. These enable finding the distance to the moon precisely by laser ranging. Anyone can verify that the reflectors are there by lasing them.

Faking all the telemetry data would cost more than actually running the mission.
Posted by anonymouse 3 years ago
anonymouse
if the u.s regime actually landed on the moon, they should be the ones providing evidence, but based on common sense, the u.s regime didnt land on the moon. thats why they havent been back after all these years. the u.s regime lies so much on all kinds of subjects that you cant believe a word they say.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Jebediah-KermanpyrotyguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Jebediah-KermanpyrotyguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even the word 'ass-raped' doesnt begin to describe how one sided this debate was