Morality Is determined by the individual.

This is perhaps the greatest argument that faces man kind. ( In my opinion)
This topic is open for anyone to debate but they must have a concept of what morality is.
Morality- A system of ideas of right and wrong conduct - free
Individual (noun) - single human considered apart from a society or community free

Resolved:Morality Is determined by the individual.

This definition has to be accepted so both sides may debate the topic fairly
Round 1 acceptance
Round 2-4 arguments

The con may present any idea of were morality comes from but it is the point of the Pro (me) case to prove that morality comes from the individual.

1.)No semantics ( It would be interesting to see someone try but it is not a voting argument so it would be wasted space)

2.) One cannot set fire to the rain, it is metaphysically impossible

3.) This is not a humorous debate, but it would help to have a dry sense of humor

4.) The effect of forfeiting means all seven points go to the remaining individual

5.) Since this is a philosophic debate the burden of proof is logic. Sources help but are not a deciding factor (I hate to put this but after its philosophy not politics)

6.) I hope that trolling is considered misconduct.

7.) Accepting this debate Manson understands all rules and definitions

I accept the terms of this debate, and lko forward to an edifying discussion.

Morality is determined by the individual.
Definitions :
Axiom – a self-evident truth that requires no proof
"Humans are conscious of their actions."
The above statement is an "axiom" or a self evident truth. [1]
The reason it is self evident is because to negate the statement requires an action.
Not only an action, but a conscious action.

Since thinking is a conscious action and so is negation.

Thus one cannot negate STATEMENT 1 without being irrational.
Now STATEMENT 1 does not win me the round automatically since that would ruin the premise of this debate.
Argument from STATEMENT 1
Since humans are conscious of their actions (under average conditions,) humans have choice.
Since individuals have choice, they can choose what ideas to accept, or not.
These ideas could be anything, belief in gravity, belief in Christianity, belief in existence, belief in Atheism ect.
Also other ideas individuals could accept are particular morals or moral systems.
Since individuals may choose to accept certain morals and moral systems morality is dictated by each separate individual for themselves.
A common objection of the argument I have presented is that morality is determined by society. Such morals include, that it is immoral to kill another person. I myself believe murder to be immoral but murderers still kill. Soldiers also kill. And some people believe the death penalty is moral so thus apparently society does not dictate a singular standard of morality for everyone to abide by since people have different interpretations of morality.
Society does enforce its morality, but people still object to society's morals. A person may choose to follow the laws and morals of society of his own free will and there is nothing wrong with that. Although people still break laws, so one comes to the conclusion that people do not accept those laws as moral.
Religion dictates morality.
A common objection to my argument is that "God" chooses what right or wrong and that mortals should adhere to his moral system.
First even if a God dictated such it is proven man has free will so thus an individual would choose whether to accept this God's moral system.
Secondly, if one believes in this God's moral system that's their choice. It does not mean that your morality is what we judge all morality by.
I myself believe in certain morals, that's my morality and through my eyes certain things are immoral.
But the resolution states "Morality is determined by the individual."
Even though I have my own morality, that's my decision and mine alone.
Because humans have free will, we choose what to accept. Humans accept certain morals and reject other ones. Because of this morality is determined by the individuals. In my case I provided 2 "Objections" to try and counter any future arguments the con may have and also to better illustrate my point.

Paradox_7 forfeited this round.

Paradox_7 forfeited this round.

Paradox_7 forfeited this round.
Posted by TheOrator 4 years ago
Haha, not the only one Eclipse :P This site isn't wholly determinist
Posted by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
Thankyou pro for once someone has the same veiws as
Vote Placed by TheOrator 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: According to the rules, Pro gets all points. Also, one could argue that society made him forfeit this debate ;)