Zaradi
NeilPeartDebater

Morally Permissible Force

Zaradi

Zaradi

Con

Welcome to my lovely debate thread. I'm Matt, and I'll be taking the Con side of the following resolution:

Resolved: It is morally permissible to use lethal force as a response to repeated domestic violence.

While this was a previous NFL LD topic, I am open to any kind of argumentation the pro can provide. I will not be providing a case in this speech, but the aff may first round. Rounds 2/3/4 will be argumentation and clash. Round five is the cut-off for new arguments. At this point, all new arguments are not to be evaluated. Round five is to be used for clarifying on your position and explaining why you ought to win the round.

I look forward to an interesting debate.
NeilPeartDebater

Pro

Dude i just had a massive poop
Zaradi

Con

I really hope this guy isn't just trolling. Anyway, onto my case.

The pro inherently claims that deadly force betters the victim's life by freeing them from the abuser, but it just lands you in prison. 80% of women who kill their abusers go to jail and have no voice in the matter. Elizabeth Leanord conducted a study that showed that 80% of female victims who use force against their aggressors end up in jail.

Also, jail violence is worse than domestic violence. Kim Buchanan studied the life of a woman in prison and concluded that sexual abuse in prison is widespread. These women are subjected to this sexual abuse in exchange for things like drugs and protection from other inmates.

Jail violence will outweigh domestic violence for three reasons:
1) Domestic violence is physical less than half of the time. Anne Milgrahm condicted a study and found out that assault and physical harrassment occur from domestic violence only 43% of the time. The other 59% is verbal insults that, while may be offensive, definetely do not merit killing.

2) Victims have no access to recourse in prison. The prison guards who are abusing them are the ones that are charged with protecting them and they physically cannot leave, whereas in an abusive relationship the option is always there for the victim to just walk out the door in the middle of the night.

3) Prison abuse reintrenches women stereotypes as inferior and as prostitutes. This is true because when the guard propositions an inmate, knowing that the guard will be able to beat and rape her anyway if she refuses, she may as well accept it, which reintrenches the stereotypes as inferior and as prostitutes.

The pro case will always link into these harms because the resolution inherently mandates the pro to defend using lethal force to defend against domestic violence. But this lethal force only places them in a worse place, as the above position states.

Thus, Vote Con.
NeilPeartDebater

Pro

NeilPeartDebater forfeited this round.
Zaradi

Con

Yep, he's definetely trolling me.
Extend all my arguments.
NeilPeartDebater

Pro

NeilPeartDebater forfeited this round.
Zaradi

Con

Yep. I am being trolled.
Extend all my arguments.
NeilPeartDebater

Pro

NeilPeartDebater forfeited this round.
Zaradi

Con

Another forfeit. Extend my arguments.
NeilPeartDebater

Pro

NeilPeartDebater forfeited this round.
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
You didn't want to use first round for cases?
Vote Placed by Yep 5 years ago
Yep
ZaradiNeilPeartDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF -_-
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
ZaradiNeilPeartDebaterTied