moon00dragon
MarketStreet

Morals are not universal and come from one's society

moon00dragon

Pro

Hello, this is my first debate on this site. I'm challenging my friend because I am new to debate and would not like to debate with someone too much more experienced than I am. I believe that morals are taught by a society, and the only reason that morals may seem similar across countries bi
MarketStreet

Con

I would like to briefly thank my friend for posting this argument, and to state that to negate this resolution, one simply has to refute one of its two parts, those parts being that Morals are universal, and Morals come from one's society. In this topic, it is important to define morals right out of the gate, as it is such a pivotal point in this debate. I suggest we define morals according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, as ETHICS, and define ethics as a guiding philosophy. This guiding philosophy is not shared from even person to person, and therefore can not be taught from society as a whole, and therefore I urge a strong negation to the resolution.
moon00dragon

Pro

moon00dragon forfeited this round.
MarketStreet

Con

MarketStreet forfeited this round.
moon00dragon

Pro

moon00dragon forfeited this round.
MarketStreet

Con

MarketStreet forfeited this round.