TheColtEqualizer
Zoecri

More Guns Creates a Safer Society

Zoecri has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

TheColtEqualizer

Pro

Hi, so I saw your opinion on assault weapons and I thought you may like to have a debate concerning the 2nd Amendment and Gun Rights. My position is that more guns = less crime, whilst your position will be the opposite (more guns = more crime). If this debate is not satisfactory to you, please counter-propose a debate or send me a message.
Zoecri

Con

Thank you for the debate challenge. I am very excited for this debate. I will be arguing that while guns can provide safety to people, having an extra amount of them will not benefit societies safety, and create problems with crime.
TheColtEqualizer

Pro

This argument has bases in several points, however, the most prevalent is the fact that criminals will never comply with the government's laws. A criminal is defined as someone who breaks the laws set forward by their resident country, such as a bank robber or a hitman. If further regulations were to be placed upon guns, the common law-abiding citizen will be harmed by the laws, while criminals will simply disregard the laws, as they had previously with other laws. This point is nothing more than simple common sense. My next point is that guns, whilst in the hands of the law-abiding citizen provides safety, as the citizen can protect himself from both criminals and tyrannical governments. This can be seen in a comparison with the countries of Honduras and Switzerland. In the case of Honduras and Switzerland, both countries have, according to Google, a population of about eight million (8.081 million in Switzerland, 8.098 million in Honduras). In the Central American country of Honduras, gun laws are incredibly strict, whilst the people of Switzerland, after their mandatory military service, have their fully-automatic weapon converted to semi-automatic and given to them. As a result, Switzerland has a murder rate of 0.5 (rate is calculated of 100,000), while Honduras has a murder rate of 84.6 (the highest in the entirety of the world).