backwardseden
Tthompson1995

"More people have died in the name of god than for any other reason." George Carlin

Tthompson1995 has forfeited round #2.

backwardseden

Pro

Here's a portion of George Carlin's famous skit and he's 100% correct. I can't use all of the skit because there's far too many curse words.

When it comes to B.S., big-time, major league B.S., you have to stand in awe, in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest B.S. story ever told. Think about it. religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man... living in the sky... who watches everything you do... every minute of every day... And the invisible man has a special list of TEN things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!.......... But He loves you!!! He loves you, and he needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good B.S. story... Holy BEEP!

continuing...
And for those of you who look to The bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no god. None, not one, no god, never was."

In fact, I'm gonna put it this way. If there is a god, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Everybody's okay? All right, tell you what, I'll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a god, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened, oh, wait, I've got a little cramp in my leg. And my b---s hurt. Plus, I'm blind. I'm blind, oh, now I'm okay again, must have been Joe Pesci, huh? God Bless Joe Pesci. Thank you all very much. Joe Bless You!

So your job as Con is to prove that god is NOT "the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims"
Tthompson1995

Con

Hey there! I am more interested in your comments made about god not being "the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims" than I am in the topic that more people have died in the name of God than any other name, so I will be responding to what you asked a response for at the end of your original argument. I also want to provide some few articles and or videos that will talk about some of the points you made against the existence of God. I am a Christian, so I will be speaking specifically in that context. the first thing I want to talk about is the point you made, "there is no god. None, not one, no god, never was." In my opinion, that is not sufficient evidence that God does not exist. I could say, if you exist, find me and give me $5. I also want to make the point that you would say that God is evil if he did exist. But this video is a brief clip that I would love for you to watch and comment on that discusses the existence of God without using the Bible, along with how God could possibly be a good God. I would love to hear your feedback and opinions on this!
https://youtu.be...
I also want to briefly address the comment you used from George Carlin's message, "religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man... living in the sky." I will use another video clip to talk through that.
https://youtu.be...
The last topic I would like to discuss is when you made the comment, "if there is a god, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened." I want to briefly show another video clip that will talk about God hearing our prayers and again, I would love your feedback and opinions on this topic as well!
https://youtu.be...
I am enthusiastically awaiting your response! The topic I am most excited to hear back from is just on the existence of God which is roughly the first 3 or 4 minutes of the first video! Thanks!!
backwardseden

Pro

Seasoned beatings. Whoopppsss. I mean greetings. Sorry a deliberate miss-steak on my part. Will you never forgive me? I know. Shoot me with a brick shipyard.
“I am more interested in your comments…” They are not my comments you silly hillbilly. They are George Carlin’s. And he’s 100% correct. continuing “made about god not being "the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims"” Woah? NOT? Huh? Where’s this “NOT” coming from? And more people have died in the name of god than for any other reason. WWII. Mao, Stalin, Hong Xiuxuan, the great flood the greatest genocide, by far of all time and nothing comes close, not even a microdot, how many native American Indian tribes and smallpox, The Spanish invasions of Mexico and Peru, the bubonic plague, Nigeria now, christian european 1500’s and 1600’s can’t think of it, the middle ages, oh and I forgot if god is god then he is responsible for everything despite the complete immorality of your god’s deliberate genocides 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc.

Good god. Can’t you read (slapping you with silly pity)? George Carlin said that. Not me. "there is no god. None, not one, no god, never was."” Even though I 100% agree with it because there is absolutely no proof for god. None.
Oh god is evil and hate. I just proved it above and will prove it below and sideways to the right. He hates children (would you like those verses?), he loves raped women (would you like those verses?), (he hates gays would you like those verses?), he hates women (would you like those verses?), endorses slavery (would you like those verses?). If he had his way, you and I probably would not be here. Though all of that will not fit in 3 10,000 character debates and would most certainly not be able to be discussed because there would be no space. Its far too much information that you cannot refute nor overcome.

Um no. I cannot watch any video without using the bible because the bible is all you have. Your religion is incapable of going outside of its box which is the bible. And no god would use text in the first place, the worst form of communication possible.
Regardless I tried to get passed the first sentence of the first video. But clearly he’s a creationist. And all creationists are completely worthless flubber junk. They can be tossed to the wind. Why? Because they will not put god on trial again. The cannot even stand by their product when it gets to the REAL heart of it because faith is all they have to go on and faith cannot be proved. Now why would any god/supreme deity EVER use faith instead of evidence?

“Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn’t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can’t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your’re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?” Matt Dillahunty

The second video is even worse because this god of YOURS has to play a game of hide-n-seek in which I could also only get through the first few sentences because HE WOULDN’T. This god of YOURS has such a HUGE GIANT SUPERIOR EGO COMPLEX that is so evident throughout the entire bible, and if you don’t know that, then you know NOTHING about your god, I mean 4 of the 10 commandments are geared toward his self righteous ego for jeez sakes, He’d absolutely make himself known by doing something like talking to us as an example. That’s evidence. You don’t need faith. No god does and wouldn't use it.
“If god is all knowing and he knows the future of all events and he wrote a book that can only be interpreted as if it endorses slavery and if its heinous violence against your children against your neighbors… how could a god be that omnipotent and devise a book where we can’t distinguish between the law of Israel and god’s law? I mean their interwoven where we have metaphor and fact and nobody can distinguish the two. We don’t know what we’re supposed to take figuratively. We don’t know what we’re supposed to take literally. Was it actually a tree? I mean come on. How can anyone distinguish this. I mean come on. It doesn’t make any sense. It doesn’t matter how its translated. It doesn’t matter what version. If it was written by an omnipotent being there would be ONE VERSION. And there would be only ONE WAY to interpret it because it would be written well.” Aron Ra
Actually it wouldn’t be written at all. What’s wrong with your god comin’ down and talking to people? ‘Hey you know some of that stuff that’s in the book? I’m here to correct it.” Matt Dillahunty
https://www.youtube.com... / book of bible Amon Ra

Now I can present you with many many many MANY youtube videos to prove that god IS evil, hate, completely immoral, no god would use text form, no god would use faith, slavery, the many many many contradictions in your bible, sick and disgusting verses to prove its so family oriented etc etc etc There’s also may websites and the one most proud of is from Newsweek. So here’s a few…
https://www.youtube.com... 12:15
https://www.youtube.com...
http://www.newsweek.com... Newsweek THE BIBLE: SO MISUNDERSTOOD IT'S A SIN

I also closed the prayer topic off after the first few sentences because there’s 0 proof that prayer works. And say it does. You cannot prove that it is YOUR god that grants a hearing and answers your prayers. Could be another god entirely. Or a pigeon humming by at the time.
https://www.youtube.com... - Everybody needs to watch this
https://www.youtube.com... - Summarizing the proof that god is evil

Well gtg I’ve got to get a bite to eat and then get some sleep. So its going to be about a day before you will hear back from me but I look forward to continuing with this debate with you. Please tc and have fun.
Posted by backwardseden 5 months ago
backwardseden
@Emilrose - Who do you think creates these diseases, filth, poverty, needless death, despair, destruction, evil, hate, violence? And more people have died in the name of god than for any other reason. WWII. Mao, Stalin, Hong Xiuxuan, all murderers and serial killers throughout history (strange isn't it that at the very beginning of the bible there's this Cain and Able bit rather than peace and love? Wow what a truly great architect of murder and killing god is as he didn't foresee this happening? Of course he foresaw this happening and he could have changed it. Nah. But there's 0 proof that god even exists.) the great flood the greatest genocide, by far of all time and nothing comes close, not even a microdot, how many native American Indian tribes and smallpox, The Spanish invasions of Mexico and Peru, the bubonic plague (the black death), influenza, AIDS, Nigeria now, christian european 1500"s and 1600"s can"t think of it, the middle ages, oh and I forgot if god is god then he is responsible for everything despite the complete immorality of god"s deliberate genocides 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813 etc etc etc. After all everybody is supposed to be created in god's image - correct? And Isaiah 43:7 "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him."
Now if god did NOT create and or is NOT responsible for everything, and or everything stated, it simply means that god is not a god, is not in control of everything, does not know everything, is not all knowing nor all powerful, is most certainly not omnipotent, nor is he perfect. So which is it?
Posted by Emilrose 5 months ago
Emilrose
That quote is actually complete nonsense, as more people die due to disease than for any other reason.

The Black Death alone has estimates ranging from 75-200 million, while religious-genocides (like the Spanish Inquisition) killed between 3000-5000 people.