Austinator97
NightlockDragon

Mormons are Christians...

NightlockDragon

Austinator97

Pro

Ok I am a Mormon to start. Christianity is when a religion believes in Christ and, from a religious standpoint, holds Christ as one of the centerpieces of the religion. so for you to say The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints doesn't believe in Christ clearly shows you don't have the first clue of what you are talking about so I'm sorry but your argument is completely invalid.
NightlockDragon

Con

Ok let me clear some things up. First off, there are certain parameters that defines a faith as Christian. You do have to believe that Jesus Christ is your savior and is GOD!! You believe in the HOLY TRINITY and believe God, The Holy Spirit, and Jesus are the same person. I know for a fact that Mormonism believes that they are all DIFFERENT people. You also believe that God created all things and is the one and only true God. So it is preposterous to believe that God is just a really good person from another planet and was given Earth. We are creations of God so we CANNOT also become a God. What you do in life does not define where you go, Hell or Heaven. It is clearly stated in the Bible that Jesus saves us, and all we need to do is to believe and love with all our hearts. We do not have to DO anything physically. All God asks of us is to believe in him since he is the one true God. So YOU obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Austinator97

Pro

Austinator97 forfeited this round.
NightlockDragon

Con

Don't play with me. You know what I mean. I mean you do not have to physically do anything to earn God's love. You still do deeds for him out of faith. You do things out of your faith. However, if you do these things you will go to heaven. You do not have to earn your way into heaven. Doing "extra" things won't send you to heaven. Doing what is right in God's eyes and believing with all your heart and strength and mind is what really gets you into heaven. You don't have to do anything. You do things due out of your love and faith in him. Further more, why would you not believe that the Bible is totally trustworthy and decide to supplement and correct it with the book of mormon or the pearl of great price? Does it not state in the Matthew 5:48 that God is perfect? And if God is perfect how can something he gave to us to follow be flawed? Does it not also state in Revelations 22:18-19 that whoever adds anything to his book will be added to the plagues described in his book? Don't state things from the Bible if you don't trust in it wholly.
Austinator97

Pro

Austinator97 forfeited this round.
NightlockDragon

Con

NightlockDragon forfeited this round.
Austinator97

Pro

Austinator97 forfeited this round.
NightlockDragon

Con

NightlockDragon forfeited this round.
Austinator97

Pro

Austinator97 forfeited this round.
NightlockDragon

Con

NightlockDragon forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
BTW: All religions should be openly criticized, as they are really just stealing people away from reality and taking their money and gaining false power in the process.

Factually, all religions are just superstitions like Astrology and Palmistry.

They should be put at that same level, as just baseless superstitions.
So they deserve to be scrutinized rationally and denigrated where they are totally Irrational, which is almost everything about them.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
BTW: Mormons don't pray to Jesus like Christians do, they pray to God the father as if it is a separate identity.
Christians believe Jesus is God and thus only pray to Jesus.
There is an irreconcilable difference their for starters.
There are not two Gods in Heaven, God and Jesus as separate identities as Mormons treat them.
To Christians they are One and the Same.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Hey Austinator97, it is your debate that you should not have instigated in the first place, since obviously you didn't bother to follow it up and make your arguments on time.
You had the BOP, but you stuffed that up!
You cannot blame me for being judgmental here as you are the Idiot in this case!

Don't start debates that you cannot follow through with,
And Yes, I know the history of Mormonism and know full well that it is nothing even remotely Christian.
You may claim a belief in Jesus Christ, but all the other stupidity that the womanizing Usurper Joseph Smith invented, such as fake Indian history concerning Jesus and stupid pagan practices, destroy any chance of it ever really being Christian.
It's like calling Scientology Christian.

If Mormonism wanted to be Christian, it would have to destroy and get rid of the entire book of Mormon, and start it's whole structure from scratch.
Because the Book of Mormon was dreamed up out of Joseph Smith's own devious, criminal head.
Posted by Austinator97 2 years ago
Austinator97
Why do you feel the need to discriminate the Mormons? Maybe you should try waking up to the modern world and stop being so ignorant to others beliefs. I'm sorry I missed the deadline. I'm sorry I don't sit on this website all day debating with people I've never met. Seriously if you actually wanna debate the topic go and do it in real life. Stop trashing people over the internet....
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Missed the deadline again, magical underwear must be on too tight, putting too much pressure on his thinking parts.
:-D~

Well, those parts were the only parts Joseph Smith used to think with.
Which is why he got Shot!
Posted by Austinator97 3 years ago
Austinator97
Sorry I didn't come on for a while and missed my time to respond so of you would just post another argument so I could respond that would be lovely. Don't go around saying I have no idea what I'm talking about. You act like you read the scriptures when you obviously don't. All we have to do is believe and have faith in God? Really? Are you honestly that ignorant? Please look up James 2:20. It clearly says you are wrong. There is no getting around it so please try to tell me what I believe in. Truly amusing on this end.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Well, if Mormonism was Christian it would be the second most idiotic form of Christianity, next to the Young Earth Creationists.
I don't recall Jesus telling anybody to wear special underwear for protection from sin.
Though Joseph Smith should have had bulletproof underwear on, though if he survived the shooting, they would probably have hung him anyway.
Such a cretinous creep he was.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
BTW: I'm a big fan of Shaun McCraney!
Pro should know who that is.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
This should be a funny debate.
Hope Pro can find Moroni's gold plates for evidence.
:-D~
Oh, and he had better ask for the magical glasses as well.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Austinator97NightlockDragonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro left the points to Con by leaving the debate first.