lillunchboxbandit
whitesoxfan450

Mortal Kombat is too violent.

Con Tied Pro

lillunchboxbandit

Con

Yes, I play Mortal Kombat. It is my favorite game. Many people think it is too influential. It is. But I think you would have to be insane or on drugs or something among those lines to do something like beat a 6 year old to death. This and many other murders are alike, because the murderers are teens on drugs and/or are insane who play fighting games too much. Everyone accuses Mortal Kombat. But why? Midway has all theese lawsuits, yet they are not the only ones. Namco, Sega, Nintendo, they have all made fighting games that are violent in thier own way. Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. recently created violent special moves that invole things like changing into a monster to annihalate thier opponent among other things which could have contributed to some of those murders. But perhaps not! The SSB series always manages to achive a T rating, so maybe not as much. Many othe fighting games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, and many others are very alike. Almost all of them have special moves that are very violent, but probably not as violent as Mortal Kombat. What I am trying say is that Mortal Kombat is not the only violent video game in the world and shouldn't be taking all the heat. Yes, there is the Fatalities which often involve mutilation, decapitation, overall they are unrealistic and fun because the look on your friend's face is priceless once they see what you just did to them. :) Maybe why people hate Mortal Kombat because of all the blood. They also hate it because of the female charecters having almost no clothing and big boobs. This is because Mortal Kombat is targeted towards people 18 and older because of the M rating. No one thought younger people would play Mortal Kombat, despite the M ratings. Sadly, the people who like playing violent games the most are people who shouldn't be. I think I have said enough, but I may have just said the bad things which may result in the inevitable result of me losing this debate. Despite all this, I will still try to win! I will never give up!
whitesoxfan450

Pro

Sorry this took so long! I got caught up in something

Before I mention Mortal Kombat, I'd like to bring up the other games you brought up.(Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, etc)

First of all, since this debate is about MORTAL KOMBAT, these games are irrelevant to this debate. So really, the whole point of those games doesn't matter

ESPECIALLY in the case of Super Smash Bros. First of all, not all of them are Teen, the first one actually got an E rating. Second of all, we're talking about NINTENDO here! Nintendo is basically the DEFINITION of a family company, with most of their games being E rated. Smash bros, doesn't even come CLOSE to other fighting games. Theirs no blood, no gore, no insides comming out, no heads being popped off, just characters smashing each other off a stage. And honestly, almost every 9 year old boy out there has one of the smash bros games, have all of them tried to kill someone?

Ok, now for the actual game. First of all, this will make a huge difference, which Mortal Kombat are you talking about? The series? Just the first one, Armeggedon? It would help lots if you tell me which one, but in this speech, I'll talk about the series in general(tell me which one though)

Mortal Kombat was a game that I played when I was about 7. It was rated M, but why could I play it? You could turn the blood off. Mortal Kombat is a game you have the OPTION of seeing blood, and as a kid, my mom would turn the blood off, and not worry at all. What does that leave? Pushing each other to the ground. Thats it. Nothing too bad. A game that IS too violent is Gears of War. Gears of War has guts comming out, blood spattering, everything. And especially with the power of the Xbox 360, Gears is pretty beleiveable.

Next, you brought up the idea of boobs hanging out, and everything. First of all, since this debate is about VIOLENCE, it isn't really relevant, but I'll argue it anyway. Mortal Kombat doesn't even COME CLOSE to the sexual content in Dead Or Alive(especially DOA 4) Dead or Alive has girls in bikinis that barely fit, shirts half buttoned, shorts WAY to short, and the whole list. Mortal Kombat has never really had this problem. Mortal Kombat also has a majority of men characters.
lillunchboxbandit

Con

First of all, Armaggedon was not the first.

1. Mortal Kombat (1992)
2. Mortal Kombat II (1993)
3. Mortal Kombat 3 (1995)
4. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
5. Mortal Kombat Advance
6. Ultimate Mortal Kombat
7. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
8. Mortal Kombat 4 (1997)
9. Mortal Kombat Gold
10. Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
11. Mortal Kombat: Special Forces (2000)
12. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (2002)
13. Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition
14. Mortal Kombat: Deception (2004)
15. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (2005)
16. Mortal Kombat: Unchained
17. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (2006)
18. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (2008)

That makes Armaggedon the 17th.

Second, Mortal Kombat did have a majority of men (a men majority),
but it does have that problem. Maybe not on as large of a scale, but it still counts.

Third, it only has the blood level feature in 3 games that were made recently, but that is still a good thing for some. For others, it deosen't matter because it just isn't Mortal Kombat without blood. The reason there is the ESRB is because of Mortal Kombat. MK was really violent, so some guys said "Hey, little kids shouldn't be playing this stuff!" so thus, the ESRB was established.
whitesoxfan450

Pro

whitesoxfan450 forfeited this round.
lillunchboxbandit

Con

Hmmm... I see. Because I have nothing to respond to, I will not say anything because there is really no point. I saw this coming. Never trust a ninja.
whitesoxfan450

Pro

Ok, sorry for the delays! BUT, I ask my opponent to CALM DOWN some! School just started for me, and its pretty busy, heck, the deadline was the first day! But ok, here's my argument:

First of all, I never said Armageddon was first, you misread what I said. I put a comma between them, trying to make a list, but didn't work out too well. But still, it means nothing.

Next, you say its a problem. No its not(the women) Here's a link of someone in Mortal Kombat(Tanya) and lets compare her to a dead or alive character

http://images.google.com...

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com...

Does that even COMPARE? Not really, Dead or Alive is MUCH worse than mortal kombat. And once again, this debate is about VIOLENCE, not Nudity.

Next, the blood ability was in ALL of the games(console ones) Thats why I played the first one. No blood. And really, the people who want all the blood are ADULTS who can LEGALY buy the game THEMSELVES! Do you think the kids really care? My little 6 year old cousin doesn't even NOTICE that the blood is gone, and he doesn't go throw the disc down a hole. So really, the blood thing doesn't matter, because of the OPTION.

Also, if we're talking about the ESRB, then MANHUNT, and GTA come in mind, for being rated AO, or adults only, for EXTREME BLOOD, or EXTREME sexual content.

So really, Mortal Kombat isn't near the worse. Especially with the blood options.
Posted by skull95w 5 years ago
skull95w
ok whitesoxfan450 you said First of all, since this debate is about MORTAL KOMBAT, these games are irrelevant to this debate. So really, the whole point of those games doesn't matter. then you go on to say Next, you say its a problem. No its not(the women) Here's a link of someone in Mortal Kombat(Tanya) and lets compare her to a dead or alive character. and so that coflix becouse you said this debate is about MORTAL KOMBAT.
Posted by lillunchboxbandit 5 years ago
lillunchboxbandit
I'm very confused, whitesoxfan. Since you proved that Mortal Kombat isn't too violent and that it has the feature to turn blood and fatalities off, doesn't that mean that I won? o_0
Posted by lillunchboxbandit 6 years ago
lillunchboxbandit
s0m31john also needs to stop being racist.
Posted by lillunchboxbandit 6 years ago
lillunchboxbandit
When did India pop up?
Also, so what if I'm 11?
And in MK1, 2, 3, and some others, no blood is a cheat code.
Posted by PoeJoe 6 years ago
PoeJoe
Don't take these comments harshly. I don't mean them that way. (triple posting ftw)
Posted by PoeJoe 6 years ago
PoeJoe
Also, what's with all the risque pics? I mean, I like them, but are they necessary for a debate site?
Posted by PoeJoe 6 years ago
PoeJoe
Ummm... CON basically conceded in his R1. But on the other hand, PRO forfeited a round, and didn't give CON a chance when he introduced new points in his closing argument. Not voting.

@ s0m31john:

I highly doubt that all these India debates are from legitimate Indians. If a legitimate Indian wanted to join debate.org but couldn't--why--that would be racial discrimination.
Posted by s0m31john 6 years ago
s0m31john
11 Years old? Facepalm.jpg

There need to be some restrictions on this site.

Age requirements and no people from India.
Posted by lillunchboxbandit 6 years ago
lillunchboxbandit
YOU HAVE ONE F***ING HOUR LEFT!!!!!
REEEEEEEESPOOOOOOOONNNNNNND!!!!!!!!
Posted by lillunchboxbandit 6 years ago
lillunchboxbandit
Did you know I was born in the same year MK4 came out? I know. It's weeeeeeeird!
1997!
Vote Placed by skull95w 5 years ago
skull95w
lillunchboxbanditwhitesoxfan450Tied
Vote Placed by lillunchboxbandit 5 years ago
lillunchboxbandit
lillunchboxbanditwhitesoxfan450Tied
Vote Placed by lenorenomore 6 years ago
lenorenomore
lillunchboxbanditwhitesoxfan450Tied
Vote Placed by Rezzealaux 6 years ago
Rezzealaux
lillunchboxbanditwhitesoxfan450Tied
Vote Placed by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
lillunchboxbanditwhitesoxfan450Tied
Vote Placed by whitesoxfan450 6 years ago
whitesoxfan450
lillunchboxbanditwhitesoxfan450Tied