Sonofkong
SOLARIS2020

Most awesome historical figure

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Sonofkong

Pro

I challenge my opponnt to find a real figure in history who is badd@ss in every sense of the word. This round consists of picking the candidate who excells the most in a category of cinematic-esque prestige and visual flair. This is usually military or violence related and I suspect my opponent will pick a certain spartan.
Miyamoto Musashi I choose you.

Bonus if my opponent has torrents as I wish to explain his life as litle as possible instead showing you this excellent documentary in torrent form.
http://samuraitorrents.blogspot.com...

(There's nothing wrong with it virus-wise)

I wish my opponent good luck and the ability to find someone who can win several hundred duels in which case we will have a tie.
SOLARIS2020

Con

I choose the Muslim Religious Leader Mohammed.
Sonofkong

Pro

Mohamed was to both of us (me an atheist, you a Christian) a purveyor of desert bred bronze age myths. There is nothing less cinematic, than this along with the fact this can not be envisaged as his face is banned. I could be as awesome as Muhammad if I told everyone a lie, and removed a few people/nations who disagreed. I could even debate (if I wished) by default that my cousin Robert is better than Mohamed.

As for Miyamoto Musashi, we are dealing with a man who even today is known on a first name basis across Japan (or in this case last name basis). There are animes long epics of movies, and a text known as the book of five rings he wrote which is utilized in everything from stoic philosophy to business management to actual warfare and dueling. I believe he won over 100 fair duels and led the armies of Tokugawa Ieyusu, probably the most successful commander of this country to date. Although compared to dueling I believe warfare, especially in warring feudal states such as Japan and Arabia, is based on trickery and is not a major achievement. Miyamoto was a man of honor and stoicism who compared to muhhamad said one of my favorite theological lines which we can all agree on "thank the gods and buddhas for victory, don't rely on them for it." Muhhamad on the other hand repackaged the abrahamic religion into the current tribal package.

Muhhamad is unfortunately DOA whereas Musashi is positively FUBAR awesome.

Can your (to you a heretic) prophet do this? (see video 1)

This being a historical fact musashi, in a fight over the honor of a family (whom he had slaughtered almost completely) showed up armed with nothing but a carved oar. The enemy was insulted by his lateness and lack of a weapon and where the story would have ended with muhhamad being turned into a flesh turban if he was in this position, miyamoto turned this to his advantage in combating the enemies rashness.

I feel as if you are using a weak appearance to do that to me.

SOLARIS2020

Con

PRO:
Mohamed was to both of us (me an atheist, you a Christian) a purveyor of desert bred bronze age myths. There is nothing less cinematic, than this along with the fact this can not be envisaged as his face is banned.

CON:
You fail to acknowledge that even a blind person can envision something that s/he has not seen with his/her eyes, for it is our heart, mind, and soul that creates our visions; furthermore, you deny the obvious… there are historical films on Mohamed (cinematheque). Human imagination/creativity assists in drafting/documenting that which we do not know (as fact) which even fact is distorted by individual and collective perception, interpretation, prejudice, bias, etc., as is especially witnessed with Muslims and their devotion to Mohamed.

PRO:
I could be as awesome as Muhammad if I told everyone a lie, and removed a few people/nations who disagreed. I could even debate (if I wished) by default that my cousin Robert is better than Mohamed.

As for Miyamoto Musashi, we are dealing with a man who even today is known on a first name basis across Japan (or in this case last name basis).

CON:
Musashi does not have the prestige and cinematheque of Mohamed, also known by one name yet many titles. His blind followers give him prestige/influence as they envision him, these followers kill innocent people who believe in the same God, but refuse to bow down to Mohamed the warlord.

PRO:
There are animes long epics of movies, and a text known as the book of five rings he wrote which is utilized in everything from stoic philosophy to business management to actual warfare and dueling.

CON:
Ditto that for the Muslim warlord.

PRO:
I believe he won over 100 fair duels and led the armies of Tokugawa Ieyusu, probably the most successful commander of this country to date.

CON:
Fair is subjective. Muslims believe that their warlord was "fair". Why else would they continue to kill "infidels" especially those who believe in the same God? After all, the book that the Muslim warlord wrote and his followers dedicate their lives to was based on the Christian/Judaic Holy Book.

PRO:
Although compared to dueling I believe warfare, especially in warring feudal states such as Japan and Arabia, is based on trickery and is not a major achievement.

CON:
All killing is based on trickery and is not to be confused or compared with any major achievement. Miyamoto as well as Mohamed used it, as any strategy to kill another must utilize preying upon them, this is accomplished by out foxing them with any means possible, one of the strongest is trickery, the ability to use their senses against them, their weaknesses against them, their strengths against them, and also their ignorant trust against them, their trust that their opponent will fight fairly, but we know that any fight that results in the death of the opponent is not fair, because to err is human and to kill a human because he has erred is to take advantage of his obvious weakness: being human and mortal (physically), therefore making it unfair!

PRO:
Miyamoto was a man of honor and stoicism who compared to muhhamad said one of my favorite theological lines which we can all agree on "thank the gods and buddhas for victory, don't rely on them for it." Muhhamad on the other hand repackaged the abrahamic religion into the current tribal package.

CON:
Miyamoto was obviously not a stoic, as to attack another or to kill takes emotion, he was able to channel his emotion(s) into his dark self and kill spontaneously. Mohammed was obviously of the same mind set, but much better at it as he exists today in film, books, prayers, murders, suicides, rapes, and an endless list of other forms which portray him with prestige as well as cinematheque in spite of his being faceless.

PRO:

Refer to Wikipedia for film on Mohamed, there is a warning about the violence and gruesome graphics, so I would say yes, he can do anything as gruesome and horrific as Musashi.

CON:
Obvious trickery by Musashi, no doubt he was a great killer, but that does not make him a great man and therefore he is only honored by those who also funnel their emotions to the dark side of the human mind, heart, and soul. Mohamed is a brother to Musashi in his lack of appreciation for the wealth of goodness that is lost to humanity when you kill others indiscriminately. Mohamed was obviously better at it than Mushashi as he was able to continue his killing spree after his death via those followers of the Muslim faith that are also willing to kill others indiscriminately.

PRO:

CON:
I appreciate the opportunity to argue with you on this subject. The human intellect distorts appearances anyway whether the original appearance be real or imagined, the human mind can be affected. BOO!
Sonofkong

Pro

Sonofkong forfeited this round.
SOLARIS2020

Con

SOLARIS2020 forfeited this round.
Sonofkong

Pro

Sonofkong forfeited this round.
SOLARIS2020

Con

SOLARIS2020 forfeited this round.
Posted by SOLARIS2020 6 years ago
SOLARIS2020
and then PRO begins his next statement:
This being a historical fact musashi...
again I apologize for any confusion to the reader.
Posted by SOLARIS2020 6 years ago
SOLARIS2020
I goofed it. After PRO has see video 1, is my CON statement referring readers to Wikipedia for film on Mohamed the warlord. Sorry for any confusion.
Posted by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
I submit that theodore roosevelt was a blood thirsty authoritarian fascist, perfect for this debate.
Posted by DetectableNinja 6 years ago
DetectableNinja
I submit that Theodore Roosevelt is by far the most bad*** historical figure.
Posted by DetectableNinja 6 years ago
DetectableNinja
I submit that Theodore Roosevelt is by far the most bad*** historical.
Vote Placed by ApostateAbe 6 years ago
ApostateAbe
SonofkongSOLARIS2020Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used videos and was the first to forfeit.