Knh0018
Coolyplayz

Most important moment in American history

Knh0018 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Knh0018

Pro

I want to know what everyone thinks about this!

Suburbanization and the reorganization of the American landscape; Cultural and Social changes wrapped in the Civil Rights Movement and the Counterculture movement; and the majority of the Cold War including the Korean and Vietnam War as well as the Cuban Missile Crisis, all occur during the last half of the 20th Century. What was the most important of these moments in American History?
Coolyplayz

Con

I beleive that these are all important moments in american history but none are the MOST important. The most important moment of American History is the Civil War. The Civil War is the most important because without it, we would still have slaves and not everybody will be free in the "Land Of The Free".

First I will like to state my Narrow, Plan, Move on to my assertions, Refute the Opponents Points then conclude.

My Narrow is "In Wars"

My Plan is that I Will use Evidence and Trustworthy Sources to Hopefully Win this Debate.

Assertion 1: There would still be slaves.
Reasoning: The Civil War was a war for freedom. Without it, We would al be 'Trapped in our own country'.
Evidence: According to historynet.com, the Civil War was important because of Confederacy. Without confederacy, there would be no civil war. There would have been nothing to fight for.
Impact: Without the CIvil War, or it not being thw most important Event in American History, it's most likely that it'll be forgotten and never brought up again.

Assertion 2: No More Freedom.
Reasoning: Just imagine, a country where we call ourselves "The Land of The Free" but only a select few are free.
Evidence: charlstoncitypaper.com states that "If The Confederacy HAD won the Civil War, Not Everybody would be free.
Impact: Going back to my Reasoning, We call ourselves "The Land Of The Free" and Humans but if we still had slaves, Not Everybody would be free and What we would be doing would be INHUMANE!

Conclusion: The Civil War is needed in America or else we would actually BE America. We would just be a countryof hipocrits saying that everybody is free when They're actually NOT!
Posted by Debating_Horse 1 month ago
Debating_Horse
Please post this in the forums for "History" http://www.debate.org.... This is not to be something discussed here. Please delete this.