Most likely, God does not exist.

Hello, Gabe1e here. This is a planned debate with a new user named Syed. Him and I are happy to debate this topic together. Here's how our debate will go.

Round 1:

Pro: Rules
Con: Con can accept or bring his arguments out right away.

Round 2:

Pro: Rebuttal/Arguments or just arguments depending on what Con does in the first round
Con: Rebuttal/Arguments

Round 3:

Pro: Rebuttal/Arguments
Con: Rebuttal/Arguments

Round 4:

Pro: Rebuttal/Conclusion
Con: Conclusion

I hope Syed accepts this setup, if there is a problem, just message me and I will change them up.

1. Try to use reliable sources in your debate.

2. Spelling and grammar count.

3. 4 rounds, 72 hours to argue, 10,000 characters, and the audience votes a 7 point system with 10 days voting period.

4. No swearing, be respectful, I don't think that will be a problem with both of us.

5. I will not insult Christianity in any way, I expect the same for atheism/agnosticism.\

6. Pro and Con must not debate in the comments, but the audience may.

Good luck and lets have a good debate!

The first thing I like to say,

My special congratulations to you, because most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief - he is a Christian, because his father is a Christian; he is a Hindu, because his father is a Hindu; the majority of the people in the world are blindly following the religion of their fathers. An atheist/agnostic on the other hand, even though he may belong to a religious family, uses his intellect to deny the existence of God; whatever concept or qualities of God he may have learnt in his religion may not seem to be logical to him.

Hence I congratulate you as you come one step closer to success.

My first question to the you will be: "What is the definition of God?" For a person to say there is no God, he should know what the meaning of God is. If I hold a book and say that "this is a pen", for the opposite person to say, "it is not a pen", he should know what is the definition of a pen, even if he does not know nor is able to recognize or identify the object I am holding in my hand. For him to say this is not a pen, he should at least know what a pen means. Similarly for you to say "there is no God"; you should at least know the concept of God.

So Kindly Do explains me the Following:

1.What is the Definition and brief concept of God According to you?

2.Why do you believe God Probably does not exist?

Thank you, Con.

I would like to thank my opponent for being respectful. I will answer my opponent's questions.

the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians,
Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe. [1]

That is the real definition, however, my definiton would be:

The deity worshipped by Christians, Jews, Muslims that supposedly created the universe or life itself.

2. I will explain why I believe God probably doesn't exist in my arguments below.

How would we pray? Well Christians get down on their knees and say:

"Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe,
we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight.
We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7,
Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14,
Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen."

Now, does your prayer come true?
Unless it is something like "There will be turkey at the grocery store." Most likely, no it won't happen.

Therefore this can only mean two things:

1. God is imaginary.

2. God does exist, but he never answers prayers. Unfortunately, God is defined by the Bible to be a prayer-answering being.
The contradiction between the reality of God and the definition of God proves that God is imaginary.

If God does answer prayers, why hasn't he answered mine before I converted?
So I ask you a question, Syed:

Has he answered any of your prayers? I ask this to the audience out there as well.

Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark. A ship that is longer and bigger than the Wyoming, which is also a wooden made boat.
A boat that is described in the Bible, being made by peasants and farmers.
I don't understand how this could have been built. The Wyoming was made by professionals, and still wasn't
anywhere compared to Noah's Ark. Not to mention they had to put over a hundred animals on a cheaply
made structure by peasants and farmers. How could they make it? The ship would sink.
(Comparison of the ships:
Not to mention that the Wyoming had serious problems. They had to use pumps because it would twist and turn in the sea,

making it hard for it to go across rough waves. It eventually sunk because of this, and they lost all of the crew. [2]
There's no way the Ark could have lasted in the "Great Flood" when the rough waves were probably worse
than the ones of today. It just can't happen.

The Bible

Many things in the Bible show why you shouldn't believe in God, because most of the things that he does we believe
as inhumane or barbaric in our time period. Some examples are listed below from the Bible that most people would
describe as barbaric or inhumane.

Lev 20:10/Deut.22:22 Kill adulterers.

Deut 21:20-21, Lev20:9, exod 21:15. Kill disobedient children.

Deut 22:13 Kill women who aren't virgins on their wedding night.

Luke 19:27 Kill all non-christians.

Deut 17:2-7 Kill all whom are accused of wickedness by at least two people.

Exod 35:2-3 Kill all who work on the Sabbath.

Lev 20:13 If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.
They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

1Cor 14:34 "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission,
as the Law says."

Lev 25:44 God supports slavery.

Exod 21:7-8 How to sell your daughter as a slave.

Deut 22:28 a woman must marry her rapist.

Luke 14:26 You must abandon and hate your family to be a disciple of Jesus.

Matt 10:34 "I came not to send peace, but a sword." - Jesus.

Luke 22:26 If you don't have a sword, sell your clothes to buy one.

Most of these things are odd and barbaric and no people would ever do that in their life time, so why should we believe in God?
If God does exist, why haven't any of us fufilled his word in the past 50 to 80 years?

The World Cannot Be 6,000 Years Old

Many things in this world are older or theorized to be older than 6,000 years old.

Plants older than 6,000 years

There are living organisms that are older than 6,000 years, but I will start with the vegetation section.

1. Utah Aspen Grove (source:

Age: Approximately 100,000 years old

Location: Fishlake National Forest, Utah, United States

Description: Covers 107 acres (0.43 km) and has around 47,000 stems (average age 130 years), which continually die and
are renewed by its roots. Is also the heaviest known organism, weighing 6,000 tons. 

2. Jurupa Oak (source:
Although the article says it is the oldest organism, it is not.
The article was published in 2009, before the Utah Aspen Grove was discovered in 2011. Just to clarify.

Age: Approximately 13,000 years old

Location: Jurupa Mountains, California, United States

Description: N/A

3. Old Tjikko (source: Again, this article says it's the oldest known tree,
but it was discovered in about 2007, before either of those trees.

Age: approximately 9,550 years old

Location: Fulufjället National Park, Dalarna, Sweden

Description: The tree's stems live no more than 600 years, but its root system's age was established using carbon dating and
genetic matching. Elsewhere in the Fulu mountains, 20 spruces have been found older than 9,000 years.

One more thing

There is also a city in Croatia that is over 7,000 years old. Take a look
for yourself:

This is why, Con, I do not believe in God.

Thank you, and your turn.

I Begin With the name of God, The Most Gracoius, The Merciful

Peace, Merci, and Blessing of God Be Upon You.

My Lord! Relieve my mind
and make my task easy for me,
and remove the impediment from my speech
so that people may understand what I say
-- Moses

the argument my friend has posted is deeply appreciatable as the logic and approch is completely understandable by general understandings, we need to explore a little to drive answers to his Objectional Questions.

Problem 1: Why Does God Does not answer our Prayers.
Problem 2: the incident of Noah Ark as describe in bible not acceptable.
Problem 3: Lots of verses in bible seem not acceptable.

I wont be addressing Problem 3 as I dont believe in bible nor I am here to speak for bible, I am here for proving existence of God(with my Limited Knowledge).

I will be discussing Problem 2 in Round 3.

To address Problem 1 we need to understand some background hence I will be Proving the existence of God first and then adding facts to it, and then will be addressing Problem 1 in round 3, then we will analysewhat God Said about accpeting prayers.

I will try to put forward my Argument & Rebuttal in Following Manner

1. Evidence for Existence of God
2.1. Who is God
2.1. Examination of Evidence.
2. Conclusion

2. Evidence for existence of God

Now lets analize what “God has presented as evidence of his existence”

its an age old phenominal that God choose messanger among us and gave them miracle to prove his existence and to show us the right way of life.

I think it is necessary that we have a clear picture of what we mean by a miracle. Here are some definitions:-

"An event that appears so inexplicable by the laws of nature, that it is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God." "A person, thing or event that excites admiring awe." "An act beyond human power, an impossibility."

It is logical that greater the impossibility, greater the miracle. For example, should a person expire before our very eyes and is certified dead by a qualified medical man, yet later on a mystic or a saint commands the corpse to 'arise!', and to everybody's astonishment the person gets up and walks away, we would label that as a miracle. But if the resurrection of the dead took place after the corpse had been in the mortuary for three days, then we would acclaim this as a greater miracle. And if the dead was made to arise from the grave, decades or centuries after the body had decomposed and rotted away, then in that case we would label it the greatest miracle of them all!

For an examples:

Prophet Moses(Pbuh) was given the miracle and Speach,
Prophet Moses(Pbuh) comes amoung the magician of Egypt he has to content this magicians, so God gave him miracle to confirm this magician.
People of that time thought Moses was another magician trying to prove something, so Pheron gather best magicians of that time to compete with him, but as every one knows what happened next, mosses proved again and again that what he has was not an oridinary act of Magic but something from God.

Prophet Jesus(Pbuh) was a mesiah, he heal people by the will of God,
Propher Jeses(Pbuh) comes amoung the people who were highly successful in greek medicines, so God Gave him prower to heal the blinds, to heal the people with disabilities and much more...

We live in a age of informtion and we have never witness any miracle of God, so how are we gonna believe in him?

The God is almighty, he has even send a messagner for us, and also send a miracle for us which has remian since last 1400 Years.

Prophet Mohammed(Pbuh) and god gave him many miracles aswell, amoung them is a miracle which is for the people from his time to eternity. For the whole mankind.

He gave him a Book, The Quran.

Quran was dictated to Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh) by the archangel Gabriel and written down in Arabic. The Quran consists of 114 units of varying lengths, known as Surah;. These touch upon all aspects of human existence, including matters of doctrine, social organization, and legislation.

2.1. Who is God?

Now lets see how God introduce himself in his Glorios Book.

1. He is Allah, The One
2. The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need & He Need no One, He neither eats nor drinks
3. He begets not, nor is He begotten
4. And there is none comparable unto Him.
{Al-Quran: 112:1-4}

Now we know the name of the God, i.e. Allah,
The above Sura is the touch stone of Theology, any candidate to divinity must pass this acid test to be call God.

For an example lets take Zeus to be candidate for divinity, we must test him using our touchstone.

Lets have an exercise here, I need audaince to participate in it, by commenting answer for my Question.

Question 1: Was he the one?
Answer: _______________________

Question 2: Was he self-sufficent, and never needed any one?
Answer: _____________________________________

Question 3: He begget not, nor he begotten?
Answer: ______________________________

Question 4: was he uncomparable??
Answer: _________________________

when you answer the above Questions it will be proved that he was not a God.

if the audiance has any question Regarding the Allah, can ask me in the comment section after the debate or message me during the debate.

2.1.2. Examination of Evidence.

Lets analyse what Quran says about itself by simple Questioning Process

Question: What is this Book?
This is The Book in which there is no doubt. (Since its Author, Allah, the Creator of this universe, possesses complete knowledge, there is no room for doubt about its contents.) It is a guide for those who are God conscious,
{Al-Quran: 2: 2}

Question: What is the Name of this Book & It's Purpose?
And Surely this Qur'an guides to the Way which is perfectly straight and gives the good news to the believers who do good that they shall have a magnificent reward;
{Al-Quran: 17:9}

The fact is that We have set forth every kind of example for men in this Qur'an, but whatever sign you may bring, the unbelievers are sure to say: "You are preaching falsehood."
{Al-Quran: 30:58}

Question: What is the Proof this book(Quran) is From Allah?
Will they not, then, try to understand this Qur'an? Had it issued from any but God, they would surely have found in it many an inner contradiction!
{Al-Quran: 04:82}

Question: What else evidence do Allah Gave in this Book(Quran)?
Is it not enough for them that We have sent down to you this Book (AL-Qur'an) which is recited to them, surely in it is a blessing and a reminder for those who believe.
{Al-Quran: 29:51}

Question: it's Just a Book, any one can Write a Book?
Declare: "Even if all human beings and Jinns combined their resources to produce the like of this Qur'an, they would never be able to compose the like thereof, even if they backed up each other as best as they could."
{Al-Quran: 17:88}

Scitific Evidence in Quran:

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of Creation) before We clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
{Al-Quran: 21:30}

Can't you see that the words "The Unbelievers" in the first quote above are specifically addressed to You - the men of science - the geographers, the astronomers, who, after having made amazing discoveries and conveyed these discoveries to mankind, still remain so 'BLIND' as not to 'SEE' its Author? "With our Sciences and Encyclopedias, we are apt to forget the Divineness, in those laboratories of ours"says Thomas Carlyle.

Where on earth could a camel driver in the desert have gleaned 'Your facts' fourteen hundred years ago, except from the Maker of the 'Big Bang' Himself?

{Al Quran: 21:30}

The above statement is further elaborated in the Book of God:

And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills: for verily Allah has power over all things.
{Al Quran: 24:45}

It will not be difficult for you to note that these words of the Omnipotent, Omniscient Creator of the Universe were addressed to YOU men of knowledge in answer to your scepticism TODAY. Their real import was beyond the dwellers of the desert fourteen centuries ago. The Author (God Almighty) is reasoning with YOU, you men of science, how can YOU not believe in God? YOU should be the LAST to deny His existence and yet you are the FIRST! What sickness has overtaken YOU that you allow your egos to overshadow your sense of logic?

Here is another proof, if proof was needed that the Qur'an is inimitable. Try as you might. The challenge still stands. The Holy Qur'an is God's Word revealed to Muhummed (pbuh) and it is the Miracle of Miracles!

{Al-Quran: 17:88}

Now we understand so for that, Quran is indeed a Miracle of Miracles.

It is a book which:
1. Does not Contain any contradiction:
2. Provide scientific evidence
3. Provide logical evidence
5. Quran Provide a best way of Life

Conclusion: Quran is the Book Given my Allah, and it proof that God Exist, I challenge any one to Find a single mistake, a single contradiction in the Quran to proove it is not the word of God.

Thank you, Syed! I ask that my audience does not take off grammar for Syed. He's new and he is having trouble with the English language, please don't take off grammar.

Addressing Moses, Jesus, and the Quran

My friend describes the evidence for the existance of God as miracles or the mythical beings Moses, Mohammed, and Jesus. I don't want to be rude here, but could these people really exist? Jesus having mythical powers to walk on water, raise people from the dead, and come back to life somehow.. if Jesus is real, why haven't we seen him? Why don't we see people like him? Just because they were given "miracles" from God doesn't make them real. The Quran could have been writen by anyone for all we know. There is a story behind it, but couldn't someone just have sat down and wrote the whole book? Syed; how do we know the Quran was writen by God? Is there any evidence of Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed actually being real? Could I have just sat down and wrote them up as characters and made my own religion? Again, how do we know they were real? I know people believe in them, but how are they actually real?

Scientific Evidence

Most of this evidence is from the Quran itself. This is not evidence at all, it's not scientific it was written. This is not scientific evidence of God, whatsoever. God/Allah created every animal from water? WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE? How can Allah create things, how do we know this? It doesn't make any sense, we haven't seen Allah today, we have not seen him do anything to create things. Where is Allah? Where is he? How do we know he is real, this is not evidence whatsoever of Allah/God being real.

The Quran does not prove anything, it is written verses of stories and characters. How do we know God wrote the Quran, or even the Bible? How do you know it is the word of God? Can you prove God wrote it without ANY verses/stories/characters from the Quran? Most likey, no. You can't prove God wrote it.

So far my opponent has not proven that the Quran was written by God, so that whole argument has been invalid and fallacious.

Continental Drift

Based on the continuity of fossil deposits and other geological formations between the South American and African tectonic plates, there is much evidence that at some point in history the two continents were part of the same landmass. Because tectonic drift is an incredibly slow process, the separation of the two landmasses would have taken millions of years. Satellite data has shown that the two continents are moving at a rate of roughly 2 cm per year (roughly the speed of fingernail growth), which means that for these diverging continents to have been together at some point in history, as all the evidence shows, the drift must have been going on for at least 200 million years. This could have been how the Himalayas were formed. (

Ice Layering

Ice layering is a phenomenon that is almost universally observed in ice sheets and glaciers where the average temperature does not rise above freezing.

Annual differences in temperature and irradiation cause ice to form differently from year to year, and this generates alternating layers of light and dark ice, much like tree rings. This method is considered a relatively accurate way to measure the age of an ice sheet, as only one layer will form per year. While there have been a few cases where several layers have formed per year, these incidents do not challenge the ability of ice layering to provide a minimum age, as these false layers can be discerned from the real thing upon close inspection.

Currently, the greatest number of layers found in a single ice sheet is over 700,000, which clearly contradicts the idea of an Earth less than 6,000 years old. Even if one were to assume an absurdly high average of ten layers per year, the age demonstrated by this method would still be far greater than that suggested by creationists.

Nevertheless, the minimum age of the Earth identified by these means is 160,000 years. [2]

Your turn, Con.

Syed0745 forfeited this round.

Syed0745 forfeited this round.
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
Good argument, I will post my arguments later today or tomorrow.
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
Good luck! I'm looking forward to it!
Posted by Syed0745 1 year ago
Really did Loved Your Valid Argument!!! Will post my rebuttal and argument before Tuesday...
Posted by Darkdrow 1 year ago
I'd like to be a part of this but I'm to busy praying to Santa Claus. He's got cooler stuff.
Posted by Syed0745 1 year ago
Thanks, Eager to see your Argument...
Posted by Gabe1e 1 year ago
Good opening statement, Syed. I'll start my argument immediately and have it done by the end of the weekend.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Con's sources were primarily religious sources. "My special congratulations to you, because most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief." You cannot *do* blind belief. That is an example of Con's multiple grammatical errors. S&G to Pro.