zhibek
Darkhan.Shakabayev

Most of geniuses are shizophrenic

zhibek

zhibek

Pro

Beethoven, Da Vinci, Einstein, Socrates, Schumann, Gogol, etc. Found that these geniuses were schizophrenics (Lomborzo Turin, 1860). Greatness is not inherited, it appears unexpectedly. I believe that most of geniuses in our world were schizophrenic. Because their mind is overload, it is one of talent and all of them were very strange persons.
Do you agree that if we will spend many times by learning and studying something without giving relax to our brain, in conclusion we lose concentration, have a head ache etc. Now is situation with geniuses they spend a lots of time to research and open something new for us! With such huge overloads the brain can not cope and the person begins to ache with schizophrenia. Conclusion: The increased activity of the brain leads to schizophrenia. In other way, we can say that schizophrenia is not a disease, but it is as a gift which discovers something new, genius, but at the same time makes it (schizophrenic), "not understandable" to other people because of their strange behaviour.
Darkhan.Shakabayev

Con

Hello, Zhibek! Firstly, I am glad that I have the opportunity to debate with you. You wrote that most of geniuses are shyzophrenics and gave some examples. In my point of view it is just coincidence, because shyzophrenia is hereditary disease(http://health.mail.ru...).
zhibek

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for arguments! However, you said that schizophrenia is a disease and you are quite right, but I already mentioned that schizophrenia could be acquired over time because of overloading the brain, in conclusion the diagnosis could be - schizophrenia ( kind of disease). I joined a site that you put into your arguments. And there is said that leading role in the occurrence of schizophrenia has a genetic predisposition. And here is the thing that I would mention is that children's of geniuses often born idiots. Einstein's son doctors found schizophrenia. When Einstein, fell into madness. After his death doctors found that there is no gray matter (carrier of intellect) in his brain.
Another evidence that I can give you is the film "Beautiful Mind", probably you have seen it, the film is based on real events. The main hero was also genius and schizophrenic. In conclusion: not all schizophrenics are genius but most of genius are schizophrenics. Thank you.
Darkhan.Shakabayev

Con

Firsly I would like to say that there is no connection between children of geniuses and geniuses themselves. Shyzophrenia is a disputable illness. Scientists do not exactly know why it appears, but I have already written that it is mostly because DNA.
I have seen "Beautiful Mind". I think Josh Nesh became shyzophrenic not because of his research, it also because of genetic predisposition, because there are many geniuses, who work hard like John Nesh, but they are all healthy. Thank you.
Posted by Kinesis 4 years ago
Kinesis
Winner: Roylatham
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 4 years ago
RoyLatham
zhibekDarkhan.ShakabayevTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate has so many problems that it is difficult to judge. Pro cited a single source, who cannot be found with an internet search and who supposedly wrote about Einstein in 1860, before Einstein was born. Con's only source is that schizophrenia is genetically linked, but that doesn't argue that claim that schizophrenia is linked to genius. A web search reveals many good references of scientific studies that link schizophrenia with genius, but Pro cited none of them. It would be legitimate to give the debate to Con on grounds of burden of proof, but I'll go with Pro on the grounds that there were relevant facts that Pro asserted that Con didn't argue. Neither side spelled "schizophrenia" correctly, which in a debate on the subject is inexcusable. C'mon guys, just do a web search and cite reliable sources and run the spell checker.