Gabe1e
Eli01

Most of the things written in the Bible cannot be true.

Gabe1e

Gabe1e

Pro

Rules: Grammar counts, obviously. No swearing of any sort, or you will be violating my rules. If there is swearing, I will urge a deduction point for conduct. 6,000 characters, 72 hours to argue.

You must prove that the things in the Bible are most definitely, true. You must use evidence how it can be true. For example: Jesus having super-natural powers. You must prove that can be true.

Good luck.
Eli01

Con

I accept this challenge. But I have a rule of my own. No forfeiting, be a man ( or woMAN) and play this through to the end.

First of all your first thing you want me to prove

"You must use evidence how it can be true. For example: Jesus having super-natural powers. You must prove that can be true."

Is stupid. Jesus was gods son and was made in his image. So when he came to earth, as a PERFECT human, it only makes sense that he would have powers.

2 Timothy 2:16 says, "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness."

So if god inspired the bible, and he does not lie, (Titus 1:2) the Bible must be true.
Gabe1e

Pro

If you do not follow MY rules, we will no longer debate.
Eli01

Con

Ok Here I go.
Note: I will give points that the Bible is trustworthy and true.

A professor once said that spanking a child is wrong. Lots of parents believed him, and did not spank thaeir children. A few years later, that SAME professor said that spanking a child is not wrong and that it teaches the child discipline and the consequences of doing the wrong thing.

However, the bible has always said that children should be disciplined.(Proverbs 19:18)

This is just one of the many examples that prove the bible trustworthy.

Check.
Gabe1e

Pro

Alright, I'll give you that one, it does say to discipline children, but actually, some parents believe it is child abuse, so they do not spank or discpline their children. So techincally, that whole thing is based off the opinion of the parent.

"This is just one of the many examples that prove the bible trustworthy." Please state the many examples.

Flaws in the Bible

In the Bible, God decided to send a worldwide flood. This would drown men, women, children, babies and infants, as well as eliminate all of the land animals and birds. All of the birds, animals, lands, and obviously people, are still here... how is this possible? [1]

Also in the Bible, it states that a great rain covered all of the land in water. There is absolutely NO evidence that this could have happened, considering that all the land would be gone and eroded for a very long time. Things like the Himalayan Mountains are not eroded for some reason, I guess?

Christian's believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old (as stated in the bible)

This cannot be true. It is invalid.

-There is a city in Croatia that is over 7,000 years old. That was just discovered. Take a look
for yourself: http://theweek.com...

-There is also a tree that is over 9,000 years old. Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org...

How can this be? I thought Christians(and the Bible) believed the Earth was 6,000 years old!

Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark. A ship that is longer and bigger than the Wyoming, which is also a wooden made boat. A boat that is described in the Bible, being made by peasants and farmers. HOW?!?! The Wyoming was made by professionals, and still wasn't anywhere compared to Noah's Ark. Not to mention they had to put over a hundred animals on a cheaply made structure by peasants and farmers. How could they make it? The ship would sink. (Comparison: https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...)

My arguments stand, Con, you're up.

Cite:

[1]- http://danielmiessler.com...
Eli01

Con

First you said the God brought a flood that killed EVERYBODY. But is that what the Bible really says? Genesis 7:7 says
"So Noah, along with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives, went into the ark ahead of the floodwaters." Yes so god saved Noah and his family, on the ark, but he destoyed the rest of the wicked world.

"
Christian's believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old (as stated in the bible)"

First we do not beleive that. Why? Well the Bible does not give an exact date of when god created us. [1] So the earth could have been created billions of years ago, it could have been created 6,000 years ago. The answer is not in the Bible therefore we do not know FOR SURE.

"Noah's Ark. A ship that is longer and bigger than the Wyoming, which is also a wooden made boat. A boat that is described in the Bible, being made by peasants and farmers. HOW?!?! The Wyoming was made by professionals, and still wasn't anywhere compared to Noah's Ark. Not to mention they had to put over a hundred animals on a cheaply made structure by peasants and farmers. How could they make it? The ship would sink."

Ah well do you know what the structure for the Ark was?In size the ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. Conservatively calculating the cubit as 44.5 cm (17.5 in.) (some think the ancient cubit was nearer 56 or 61 cm), the ark measured 133.5 m by 22.3 m by 13.4 m (437 ft 6 in. × 72 ft 11 in. × 43 ft 9 in.), less than half the length of the ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2. This proportion of length to width (6 to 1) is used by modern naval architects. This gave the ark approximately 40,000 cu m (1,400,000 cu ft) in gross volume. No known cargo vessel of ancient times even slightly resembled the ark in its colossal size. Internally strengthened by adding two floors, the three decks thus provided gave a total of about 8,900 sq m (96,000 sq ft) of space. People before Noah's time were forgers of metal, which would mean that Noah had the available resources to build a good ship.

Please state the many examples.

2 Timothy 3:1,2
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,

2 Timothy 3:3,4 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,

2 Timothy 3:5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away
.

These perfectly describe the world today.
Gabe1e

Pro

"First you said the God brought a flood that killed EVERYBODY. But is that what the Bible really says? Genesis 7:7 says
"So Noah, along with his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives, went into the ark ahead of the floodwaters." Yes so god saved Noah and his family, on the ark, but he destoyed the rest of the wicked world."

So... he saved a few people, just so he could destroy the whole world, and all of its resources, not to mention the other people that could possibly be on the world, too? Wow, he's definitely a "life-saver" like all of you Christians call him. Unless God somehow can create all of it back, SOMEHOW, it wouldn't have all came back for ages...

"Christian's believe that the Earth is 6,000 years old (as stated in the bible)

First we do not beleive that. Why? Well the Bible does not give an exact date of when god created us. [1] So the earth could have been created billions of years ago, it could have been created 6,000 years ago. The answer is not in the Bible therefore we do not know FOR SURE."

Um.. yes, it does, or at least the creator says how old the Earth is... (http://www.godandscience.org...) I would like to urge everyone to read the section of this article where it says, "Archbishop Ussher took the genealogies of Genesis, assuming they were complete, and calculated all the years to arrive at a date for the creation of the earth on Sunday, October 23, 4004 B.C." We are in 2014 A.D., obviously, so that would mean our Earth to you is about 6,010 years old.

"Ah well do you know what the structure for the Ark was?In size the ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. Conservatively calculating the cubit as 44.5 cm (17.5 in.) (some think the ancient cubit was nearer 56 or 61 cm), the ark measured 133.5 m by 22.3 m by 13.4 m (437 ft 6 in. × 72 ft 11 in. × 43 ft 9 in.), less than half the length of the ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2. This proportion of length to width (6 to 1) is used by modern naval architects. This gave the ark approximately 40,000 cu m (1,400,000 cu ft) in gross volume. No known cargo vessel of ancient times even slightly resembled the ark in its colossal size. Internally strengthened by adding two floors, the three decks thus provided gave a total of about 8,900 sq m (96,000 sq ft) of space. People before Noah's time were forgers of metal, which would mean that Noah had the available resources to build a good ship"

I would like to see the link of this, not saying it's false, but I would like to see it. Anyways, the Queen Elizabeth 2, is a cruise ship... which is made out of metal. NOT WOOD. (http://en.wikipedia.org...) Again, you describe it's decks and floors, and it's colossal size, WHICH CANNOT BE TRUE... obviously considering that the Wyoming is nothing compared to it, and it was built by professionals.. Noah's Ark was supposedly built by peasants and farmers. Also, "god" describes the Ark being this size, but seriously I don't see how it's possible, especially with all those animals on it..

"2 Timothy 3:1,2

.

These perfectly describe the world today."

Okay, first of all, I don't see how these do represent today. Please give me examples of how these sayings represent today. Also, I'm not really talking about the sayings, and all of that. I'm talking more about the stories in the Bible that cannot be true.

For example, this link takes the stories out and describes the flaws in some of the stories. You should read and see: (http://atheism.about.com...)

I would like to thank Con for a good debate about the Bible. I know there was confusion at the beginning, but I like that he did not forfeit like most people, and stood tall throughout it.

I believe that the stories in the Bible are not true, and I encourage a vote for Pro.

Eli01

Con

Eli01 forfeited this round.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
"By the way. The Bible does not say how long the creation days were."

As I said before, I NEVER said that it did... I said that the creator did believe it was 6,000 years old.

"Due to this new evidence, I STRONGLY think I deserve this debate. I do agree that I should have points taken off for the forfeit, although I was on vacation."

That's up to the voters, but I strongly think that you barely even rebutted my arguments, and didn't really put up valid arguments that I couldn't rebut myself. Therefore, I believe I deserve it.

"Your sources are not showing any proof. They are just saying that they looked at genesis and made an assumption. They never showed he scriptures that backed up what they said. Not for how old the earth is, or about the creation days. You are just looking at articles, without doing your own research."

Actually... I stated: "In the Bible, God decided to send a worldwide flood. This would drown men, women, children, babies and infants, as well as eliminate all of the land animals and birds. All of the birds, animals, lands, and obviously people, are still here... how is this possible? [1]

Also in the Bible, it states that a great rain covered all of the land in water. There is absolutely NO evidence that this could have happened, considering that all the land would be gone and eroded for a very long time. Things like the Himalayan Mountains are not eroded for some reason, I guess?"

I researched this from the Bible, and my source does back it up.

I'm done debating in the comments, so it's up to the voters, because you should have said all of this in the debating rounds, not in the comments.

Good luck.
Posted by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
Due to this new evidence, I STRONGLY think I deserve this debate. I do agree that I should have points taken off for the forfeit, although I was on vacation.
Posted by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
By the way. The Bible does not say how long the creation days were.
Posted by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
Your sources are not showing any proof. They are just saying that they looked at genesis and made an assumption. They never showed he scriptures that backed up what they said. Not for how old the earth is, or about the creation days. You are just looking at articles, without doing your own research.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
The creator of the Bible believes it is 6,010 years old. I did say it was in the Bible, but corrected myself saying: "Um.. yes, it does, or at least the creator says how old the Earth is... (http://www.godandscience.org......) I would like to urge everyone to read the section of this article where it says, "Archbishop Ussher took the genealogies of Genesis, assuming they were complete, and calculated all the years to arrive at a date for the creation of the earth on Sunday, October 23, 4004 B.C." We are in 2014 A.D., obviously, so that would mean our Earth to you is about 6,010 years old."
Posted by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
By the way Gabe. In your source attempting to tell the age of the earth, does not mention the scripture that the Bible says that EXACT date. That just proves that that article is an opinion on the birth of the earth. Nowhere in the Bible does it say the exact day of the earth. I know the debate is over, I just thought I would mention that.
Posted by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
I was away on vacation. Sorry. Good debate Pro.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
Please do.
Posted by Eli01 2 years ago
Eli01
I have not forfeited, I am trying to get my argument together.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
Well, I guess the debate is ruined.. If he forfeits, I urge a vote for me.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Gabe1eEli01Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con broke his own rule on forfeiting, do conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
Gabe1eEli01Tied