DaBestGuy1010
Hazbot

Moter-boats should be banned.

Hazbot

DaBestGuy1010

Pro

The first round is for acceptence. I hope a con will agree so we will get to the second round and get to the debate.
Hazbot

Con

I shall accept this debate, as this is the acceptance round, I will wait to let you provide an argument. Best of luck to you.
DaBestGuy1010

Pro

First, motor-boats should be banned because they are horrible for the environment. They pollute the water and infect the fish. Think about it, if you eat fish as a meal often (like me) do you really want oils in it? This would be disgusting and horrible for your health.
Also, sailboats are better for your learning. Motor-boats are dangerous and you can get cut-up in the prop from tubing, wake boarding, and swimming which is what the main percent of motor-boats are used for. Sailing, you always have to look forward and that is a very important skill to have in life, especially when you get a job, like me, and you have to be able to spend your money wisely, especially in this economy.
Also, motor-boats are very expensive to manufacture and using my reasons above, I say that there a waste of money for the consumer. In this economy, this is a very bad thing because it is practically throwing away money.

That is what I have to say for now,
Good luck!!

:)
Hazbot

Con

1."First, motor-boats should be banned because they are horrible for the environment. They pollute the water and infect the fish. Think about it, if you eat fish as a meal often (like me) do you really want oils in it? This would be disgusting and horrible for your health."

Motor-boats ARE bad for the environment, but not quite in the specified method, oil will in no way actually REACH the fish unless there is an unlikely event of a leak, in which case the fish will most likely never go to the market. While it's true, ships are extremely polluting, don't forget that the majority of pollution is actually from energy production and agriculture, not transport.

2. "Also, sailboats are better for your learning. Motor-boats are dangerous and you can get cut-up in the prop from tubing, wake boarding, and swimming which is what the main percent of motor-boats are used for. Sailing, you always have to look forward and that is a very important skill to have in life, especially when you get a job, like me, and you have to be able to spend your money wisely, especially in this economy."

While I agree with the point of using sailing boats in the private sector, it will be devastating to the fishing economy to have to change back, and for several reasons.

Reason 1: Sailing boats are much slower than motor boats which means that they will produce less fish food product per boat, which would mean more boats will be needed to be built and will therefore hamper the economy.

Reason 2: Sailing boats movement depends on the wind, this means that sometimes boats may be stuck in the midlle of nowhere with nowhere to go, while the fish rot in the holding bays.

Reason 3: Durability. Sails can't move an iron boat very well, so certain types of mid-oceanic fish and food products, such as crabs, will never be seen in stores ever again after the banning of motor boats.

3. "Also, motor-boats are very expensive to manufacture and using my reasons above, I say that there a waste of money for the consumer. In this economy, this is a very bad thing because it is practically throwing away money."

Earlier you made a point of buying a sailing boat, is this not a waste of money as well? Unless someone does something profitable from sailing it can be considered a waste of money. I am not saying that you should not buy a sailing boat, I am saying that your definition of wasteful needs correcting. Also, any form of sales lowers the price of the base components only strengthening economy in the long run, in fact ANY purchase of ANY object which can be seen physically, even if virtually, strengthens the economy, what weakens the economy is when people take loans from banks to buy these things and then not paying back.

That is my point made.
DaBestGuy1010

Pro

I admit that my opponent has supplied very good reasons. Although, these reasons are in my favor.
1. Con said that motor boats ARE bad for the enviroment, which is not in any way good for his sake. He is agreeing with me even if he did not like how I said it. He also said that it would be davestating to the fishing econemy if we don't use motor-boats because they go faster than sailboats. Sailboats as well have engines, but they are not as big because sailboats are not as heavy. That means they can actually carry MORE fish per vessel.
Hazbot

Con

First off, I note that my opponent has completely dropped the economic argument at this point.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that the main reason motorboats are better than sailboats is not speed, but durability, it will break in the oceans such as the pacific due to heavy storms, therefore it will need to be made of steel, rendering the sail useless due to weight. Another fact is that the capacity of a ship is defined by it's buoyancy, which means that a heavier ship can carry more due to having more air pockets, also, a device has to be powerful enough to start the movement due to inertia, sails aren't, you can attach an engine as a start-up device, but that is much to inefficient to use due to obvious reasons.
Posted by MaxZero 5 years ago
MaxZero
Excuse me, but i thought spelling and grammar was one of the categories voted upon.
Posted by DaBestGuy1010 5 years ago
DaBestGuy1010
@vmpire321, u can't even spell vampire, genius!
Posted by DaBestGuy1010 5 years ago
DaBestGuy1010
Steel boats are so 1700's! I am a HUGE sailor and I know for a fact that sailboats are made of fiberglass, a very strong but lightweight material. Therefore I am rendering your final argument useless and un-effective and completely a lie.
Posted by DaBestGuy1010 5 years ago
DaBestGuy1010
@MaxZero & @vmpire321, It is not about the spelling more than the arguements and the content of the arguements. Plz do not post any negative comments again.
Posted by MaxZero 5 years ago
MaxZero
How can you debate about this subject if you can't spell motor right?
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
lol... "Moter".. XD!
Vote Placed by Travniki 5 years ago
Travniki
DaBestGuy1010HazbotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro dropped Cons points
Vote Placed by WriterSelbe 5 years ago
WriterSelbe
DaBestGuy1010HazbotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro neglected to refute, had worse spelling, and had bad conduct in the comments.
Vote Placed by KeithKroeger91 5 years ago
KeithKroeger91
DaBestGuy1010HazbotTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hazbot clearly won this debate sorry, if you banned motor boats you would wipe out the American Fishing Industry, leaving all the fish to be caught by other countries.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
DaBestGuy1010HazbotTied
Reasons for voting decision: cons arguments regarding the actual ecological impact and economical impact motor boats have were superior, and seeing as how the pro completely disregarded over half of con's arguments I gave con conduct.