Ariesx
OverlordZen

Mothers may have many careers, but their first duty is to be the homemakers.

Ariesx

Pro

As bad as it seems in the politically correct world we live in, I will be trying to prove why when females have children, it will be better for the child to be a stay at home mom. The resolution does not imply forcing mothers into things, but just as a overall better transformation in our society.(I am okay with females pursuing careers when not having children).
Good Luck to my Opponent!
OverlordZen

Con

Well I do agree with my opponent on the grounds that a mother should primarily focus on the well being of their child they should not just use that as an excuse not to have job. The mother should have at least a part-time job and be able to work their schedule so they can work while the other parent watches the child. Being able to have steady income will benefit them while raising the child. Also what if the mother is a single parent as their are a lot of times where this is the case. The mother should have a job so she can pay for the essentials required to raise a child and the mother can find a day care to leave their child while working. I can't wait to see what my opponent has to say.
Ariesx

Pro

My argument will be evolving around the idea of (women staying at home will lead to better child upbringing.).

1. Amount of Work done- I traditionally believe that in order to have a stable family; there must be roles for each individual. The Male should be able to go out and work to meet the needs of the family. The Female should have the job of the nurturer of the future generations. According to pew research polls, time, single moms get more work done in the house.
Stay at home Moms- Housework is 23% of their time, Childcare is 18% of their time, Sleep is 63% of their time
Working Moms- Housework is 14%, Childcare is 11%, Sleep is 58%
As you can see from this data here, Stay at Home moms usually do more of everything. Upbringing is a big value. If the future generation gets 8 hours more of good upbringing, than it will produce a better society.

2. Grades- Stay at home Moms not only add to childcare but they also add to how the child is educated. Norway launched a project that allowed payment for moms that wanted to stay at home. The effects were stunning. The researchers analyzed the school performance of some 68,000 children with younger siblings who had been born shortly before or after the Cash for Care program began.The researchers found that only about 5% of parents actually changed their work choices in response to the new payments. Parents in higher-income families, who could more easily afford to give up one parent"s salary, were the most likely to leave the work force. Lower-income parents, by contrast, tended to keep working even if they collected the cash payments. Many relied on informal child care from relatives or friends.
Nevertheless, the older children in families that did qualify for the payments tended to do better in school. On average, the older siblings in those families increased their grade-point averages in 10th grade by .02 points on Norway"s grading scale of 1 to 6 points. The increases seemed strongest among children around the age of 6 and 7 at their sibling"s birth.
OverlordZen

Con

OverlordZen forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

I respectfully pass.
OverlordZen

Con

OverlordZen forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

By default I win every round
OverlordZen

Con

OverlordZen forfeited this round.