madhumita
missWiwid

Mothers should stay at home 24x7.

madhumita

madhumita

Con

A woman achieves motherhood at 20+. Even when the child is an infant it does not require monitoring for 24hours unless there is something wrong. What on earth would a mother do staying at home 24x7? A working woman is entitled to maternity leave which she can very well utilise to set up a routine which is followed by those at home while she goes out to work.
missWiwid

Pro

Mothers should stay at home 24 x 7.
I agree with this topic. why? because every ladies definitely will stay at home when they has been married as mother for their children. so, as a good mother, her should stay at home 24 x 7 to take control for their children moreover if their children still baby or newborn, to give full trust or pay the baby sitter, it's not give best solution. why? because to take control for every problem on their children in home, the baby sitter still need the mother. and the mother isn't need to be carrier woman for their children because her husband definitely working to fulfill they needed annually, monthly even each day. thank you
madhumita

Con

Why on earth would every lady stay at home when they have been married and are mothers. How does staying at home relate to being a good mother. Motherhood does not finish with the infancy of the child it lasts till the mother's death. Is it not ridiculous to waste ones ability by sitting at home. Definitely when I am talking about mothers not staying at home 24x7 I am referring to working mothers. Bonding with a child does not happen with the quantity of time spent with her offspring but the quality of time spent. Baby sitting maybe expensive but it does not last throughout the child's entire life and it is worth spending the money if the future is going to see the mothers contribution giving a better life to a child. Dear MissWiwid a mother definitely is not expected to be a "carrier" woman but surely being a "career" woman would make her feel worthy of her husband and her family and most of all herself.
missWiwid

Pro

well, I almost confuse when I read your argument that "Why on earth would every lady stay at home when they have been married and are mothers?" first of all we can look on our topic whole is about mothers. because mother who gave birth to a child and in this world and not her husband. expert for every problem of their children. You can say if definitely mothers should stay at home, and that's ridiculous moreover 'till the mothers death. but right now we live on globalization era and the whole system until life style every people (woman's activity) is changed. there are so many case in out there often happened if mother work and they failed to take control even care with their children, keep focus on her job and this is biggest cause why "broken home" often happen and the fate their children near with crime act. and you must know that in basicly, a woman when they have married and have children , they should stay at home to give good protect for their children. no matter they carrier woman or not. thank you
madhumita

Con

I am confused too. You are talking about globalization where a woman's activity has changed and then you are talking about mothers staying at home 24x7. If mothers stayed at home all the time then the 'cases' you refer to would not have happened? Is that what you are trying to say? That's absolutely wrong dear. I really don't know what 'cases' you are referring to but I presume what you are trying to say is kids would not go astray or there would be fewer rapes, less of drug addiction etc. Is there any guarantee that stay at home mothers can control all this. I reiterate the fact that it is not how much time a mother spends with her kids but what quality of time she spends is what matters. You mean to say that women should stay at home to police their kids. Unbelievable in this age and day. Anyway that would also mean that the kids would have to stay at home 24x7 and we would have a generation of unschooled and uneducated human beings and then? God protect us from a world like that. Will you also please clarify what you mean by "CARRIER" woman.
missWiwid

Pro

the "cases" I mean is "broken-home" and "misbehaviour" on their children when their children lost affection from their mothers. and I just say from early, you can say in now era, mother shouldn't stay at home and mothers have freedom to make other activity in out there. but mom, please understanding. first, you look and found there are so many children (most of boys) near with crime act, misbehaviour such as street fighting. I take for the example in Indonesia. that's all because of what? because they have mother who working mother and their mother is so busy with her job 'till can't to give more affection for their children. and if you say that mothers must working and shouldn't stay at home, definitely it can open the big chances for infidelity and it is the one causes why the broken-home often happen around us and the most happen on their family who have working mother. according to the law of every religion in the world if the ladies who have married and have children as a mothers, she should stay at home. and as you know, mother if want to go out from home or perhaps make other activity in out there, she have to get permission from her husband. what the meaning of it all ? yes, that mothers should stay at home.
madhumita

Con

The cases you refer to can happen even when mothers do not go out to work. Whoever told you that a working mother does not have any affection for her children?I am a working mother and like thousands of others like me have never shirked my duties in bringing up my kids as strong, well-behaved human beings. A woman may go out to work because she realises that the money is required her family which includes her children or she may go out to work because she has the ability and wants to make use of her ability. Both ways she has a right to do it. She definitely does not require any permission for that from her husband. The relationship between a husband and wife is not one of master and servant, it is one of love, understanding, cooperation,affection and respect. We are living in the 21st Century where women have found a place for themselves and have earned respect in the eyes of their counterparts whether man or woman. Every child who gets into criminal activity does not have a working mother. Law of religion? What's that? No religion states that a woman once married and a mother must stay at home. That is misinterpretation by those who want to curb the independence of woman. Infidelity? You can be an infidel even when you are staying at home. In fact I feel when you are not busy enough and have a lot of time there are more chances that you get into a relationship outside the wedlock. Working women may be too busy to do that. Please my dear as a citizen of the 21st century broaden your outlook and learn to respect your identity as a woman who is an independent individual.
missWiwid

Pro

nowadays, we make an argument according with the fact. most of the broken home happen on the family who their mother working. that's fact. and if mothers stay at home, she still can make or working to adding the income for their family. and mothers should not work outside to supplement their income. for example like business via the Internet. because you have to know that so many successful housewife. so, in this globalization era, they can still take care of their children while providing more income for their families. easy right? anyway if the mother works outside, the negative effects will be more easily found.
You need to know that in this 21st century, women has a right to be free to work outside the home. but the biggest problem, as is so much abuse of jobs for women. to employ them as "commercial sex workers". and then, where their self-esteem as a mother?! actually you have to think about that
madhumita

Con

I think you are convinced that women ought to be submissive and remain at home and cook and clean and look after the family sacrificing everything else in life. I am sorry but you have not been able to convince me. Women can do all of these as well as work outside the home. Of course she has the option of supplementing the family income by working from home but that is her choice she does not have to do it. Can you guarantee that every time a woman goes out to work her home will break up? A mother who is working away from home can be a successful housewife as well, in fact I feel she is more so because she knows she has to juggle between the two responsibilities. She develops the skill of time management which her family also learns, her children learn to take more responsibility and thus become more successful in life rather than pampered children. You are stuck with just one point and have not given any argument as such against my points. I already know that women have the right to be free to work outside and I also know that they choose their work. Why you think that all women will get employed as commercial sex workers is rather amusing to me. Do you actually think that all working women are employed as that? That is rather a ridiculous observation I must say. If working in that capacity is a woman's choice then that is her call so she does not lose her self esteem either. I completely disagree that a working mother always means a broken home. When I started working, there was no option of working from home so I chose to work outside home. I knew what responsibilities I had to fulfil before I left for work and it was done. My kids learnt to do things independently at an age when children of stay at home mothers were dependent, they did not go for any outside help for their studies because I sat with them during the evenings. My parents educated me and my husband helped me with my professional course. You mean to say I should have stayed at home and wasted all that money that went into my education? Definitely not. I feel proud that I made use of my education. Children today start schooling when they are around two years old and then what does the mother do? Sit at home and relax with their feet up and eat off their husbands earning? Does that increase their self esteem? No it does not. That's when they start suffering mentally because they know they are wasting time. An unhappy woman can cause more harm to her family than a happy working woman. When you put in your next round of arguments, make sure that you refute the points I have put forward.
missWiwid

Pro

I can guarantee that every time a woman goes out to work his will broken. I learned about the facts. if you say women have the right to work outside, can you about providing solutions in the present age when many women who care only got the job because it was familiar influences out there?! and what happens if at the time it was also the mother forget her identity as a good mother to her children? family harmony is now dearer every person. many mothers who work in an office for rent only eat meals catering for children and even her husband. and the biggest problem in the loss of family harmony. stay at home mom does not mean spoiling the child. mother also would be more understanding when he had to teach his children to be independent and when to create family harmony amid job problems. where do you know if a woman is at home just Sit back and relax with their feet and eating of their husbands productive? The current era is modern. housewife was able to use the internet. when the mother's home, the mother can do business on the internet without having to find a job out there. mother could generate revenue from business done. when mothers should stay at home, mother can do business via the internet to supplement her husband's income while keeping the integrity of their family harmony.
Posted by missWiwid 3 years ago
missWiwid
Well, I know that I'm weak on this debate. thanks for everything. this is my first opportunity for debate
Posted by madhumita 3 years ago
madhumita
Don't get angry dear. I did not say your nation is not progressing and mine is. What I said is if youngsters like you do not think progressively then it will hamper the progress of a nation. The nation could be yours or mine. You belong to your nation so your outlook will affect your nation and if our youngsters think like you it will affect our nation. It is as simple as that. I hope you understand now.
Posted by missWiwid 3 years ago
missWiwid
in basicly you is not understand what I mean. you say that mothers is ridiculous if just relax at home and etc. what do you mean? you can't say mothers just relax in home. you have to look in other country, mothers still can have income monthly because make bisnis on internet. I has said like that but you always comment in the next round that I'm not giving you anything to argue against. you're not deserve to say like that. please be understanding. and debate only among you and me about issues happen. so don't say anymore change outlook. don't say anymore can lead to lack of progress in my nation. it's same like you make me be down, you think that your nation is be better than me, etc. so, do you think that the progress of your nation is better? haha I don't think so. that's ridiculous. I think we still in the voting period. thanks anymore
Posted by madhumita 3 years ago
madhumita
You really gave me a tough time because you were not giving me anything to argue against. You just decided that working women is equal to broken homes, badly brought up children,legalised prostitution, illicit relationship etc. Where you developed these ideas from you gave no clue. I would love to say more but since we are in the voting period I will limit myself I do sincerely hope you change your outlook because you seem a very young person and youngsters with such opinion can lead to lack of progress in your nation.
Posted by missWiwid 3 years ago
missWiwid
whatever happens, basically a mother should stay at home 24x7 in order to give full attention to their children. and most cases, working mothers, prefer the job than her husband and her children. This is often a major cause of broken homes and criminal actions on their children.
and Mothers should stay at home 24x7. thanks
Posted by GoodFences 3 years ago
GoodFences
I just had my first daughter, and it's obvious the only way my wife would be able to return to work is if we were either rich or lived near family members who were able and available to look after our baby. Decent childcare is more expensive than the loss of my wife's salary, and besides it's an advantage that my wife and daughter have so much time to bond. Also, my wife learns all of my daughter's patterns and is able to help me when I come home from work to understand and properly care for our daughter too.

Now, I think the wording of the motion is a bit of hyperbole--obviously the mother should be able to leave to go shopping or to the gym or out to dinner or something. I think the intended meaning is that being a stay-at-home mom is better than being a working mom.

My mom went to school and worked, sometimes 80 hours a week, while I was a child. From ages 7 to 18 I didn't see her much. Looking back I recognize many problems that might have been avoided had she and my dad not gotten divorced and she had been able to be around to supervise and interact with me.
Posted by Atrag 3 years ago
Atrag
What a nice life some mothers have. Live off their partners money and stay at home caring for the kids all day. I suppose when they start school she can just kick her feet up and relax for 6 hours?
Posted by grumpyprincess 3 years ago
grumpyprincess
In this current society, many parents cannot afford to stay home all the time to care for their children. They require the money they receive from working to give their child a good life (e.g. to pay rent or buy food). To say that mothers must stay home 24/7 is ridiculous. It is not a necessity to be a housewife in any way. Believe me, I am certain that nearly all mothers wish they could stay home with their child until they start school or whenever; but they can't afford it. My cousin, for example, was in tears when she learned she had to return to work after she had her baby.
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
rross
madhumitamissWiwidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Thank you to both Pro and Con for this debate. It's a very important topic, which I haven't seen debated much on this site, and I very much liked reading it. Pro argued that mothers going out to work will lead to infidelity and broken homes, while staying home provides more care and affection for children. Con argued that mothers who work outside the home can still arrange care for their children and that working outside the house will not inevitably lead to broken homes and criminal children. Some sources or evidence from either side might have been helpful. Con challenged Pro to give evidence other than just her opinion that working mothers will necessarily create bad outcomes for their families. Con also argued that bad outcomes can occur even when mothers stay home. Pro did not provide any evidence, and therefore I think that Con's argument stands that mothers are not slaves and should be free to leave the house to work or for other reasons.