iornhide132
Debate_King1475

Movies Based on books should be almost exactly like the books

Started: 2/15/2015 Category: Movies

iornhide132

Pro

I think that movies based on books should be exactly like the book, unless the director is extremely unhappy with how the book does a part, and the fans of the books agree as well.

I've seen the Harry Potter movies and while it changes a few parts, it's pretty accurate. But since then, movies like the Maze Runner and Percy Jackson have come out and they changed the book a lot. The movie needs to be accurate!! There's a reason they were chosen to be made into movies. It's because they're good. You're not doing anything right if you change it a tonne. If everyone agrees, including the fans, that a part is bad then you can change it, but like I explained before, the book were chosen 'cause they're good.

That is why the movie should be accurate to the book.
Debate_King1475

Con

Thank you for allowing me to debate you. I wish you good luck and I hope the best debator wins. Let's begin.

1. Changing the book makes it more interesting and provides a new spin to the plot.

2. Leaving the books the same as the movie would be more boring since you are just watching the exact same thing that you already read.

3. Changing the book can allow for a better rating of the movie, which will increase the movie watching experience of the most people.

These points we will rebuttal in the later rounds, which is why I am not going to defend them until round 2 and 3.

Also, explain by what you mean when you say that movies should be exactly like the book but then you could change them if the people want to. Explain in Round 2 why that does not contradict your point.
iornhide132

Pro

iornhide132 forfeited this round.
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
iornhide132

Pro

iornhide132 forfeited this round.
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.