tuduashok197
emospongebob527

Movies of today: All same and nothing new

emospongebob527

tuduashok197

Pro

First round is for acceptance, second round for main argument, third round for rebuttal, fourth round for final focus. No new information may be presented in this round. Does my opponent accept?
emospongebob527

Con

I accept, state your case.
tuduashok197

Pro

Watching movies is my favorite time-pass. I watch so many movies that you can easily call me a movie-addict. I have seen so many movies that now by watching a movie I can predict the likely outcome of the story presented by the movie. I think the movie directors have run out of ideas as all possible themes and stories have been already tried out on screen. All the new movies coming out are a slight modification of the original movie.

Today I see that to avoid backlash from the audience because of lack of originality in the movie, movie directors have turned to reinvention of popular old movies. I can cite some examples such as Batman, Spider-man, Super-man, Robocop, etc. Space style movies have also become to much redundant along with robot based movies. The thing that works out for movies is the ability of the actors to keep the audience engaged which of-course is talent and the graphics used due to advancement in technology. Last but not the least is the way the things are being presented in front of the people, that's the director's job which is being done very skillfully.

Things are executed so perfectly that it is difficult to point out errors and small errors are neglected but still something is missing.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
tuduashok197

Pro

tuduashok197 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
tuduashok197

Pro

tuduashok197 forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

I apologize for the forfeit.

Rebuttals-

I think the movie directors have run out of ideas as all possible themes and stories have been already tried out on screen. All the new movies coming out are a slight modification of the original movie.

I can name numerous movies that have come out recently that are not reboots of other movies:

Here Comes The Boom
Hotel Transylvania
Cloud Atlas
The Man With The Iron Fists
Argo
Flight
Wreck-It Ralph
High Ground
Vamps
Jack and Diane
The Details
A Late Quartet
This Must Be The Place

http://www.imdb.com...

Today I see that to avoid backlash from the audience because of lack of originality in the movie, movie directors have turned to reinvention of popular old movies. I can cite some examples such as Batman, Spider-man, Super-man, Robocop, etc.

"Batman" The Dark Knight Trilogy, that you are citing was a completely different storyline from the earlier Batman movies like:

Batman (1966)
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin

"Spider-man" Again the newest Spider-man movie a completely different storyline from it's forerunner.

"Super-man" There has been no evidence provided for your claim that fans have had backlash on the reboot.

"Robocop" The sequel of Robocop isn't due to come out in two years, how could this create backlash?

Space style movies have also become to much redundant along with robot based movies.

Evidence?

The thing that works out for movies is the ability of the actors to keep the audience engaged which of-course is talent and the graphics used due to advancement in technology.

So infact your resolution is faulty, they are something new and not the same.

Last but not the least is the way the things are being presented in front of the people, that's the director's job which is being done very skillfully.

Your point is?

That's the trick, isn't it?
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
tuduashok197emospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: countering wiploc, 7 points can't be given when both sides produce arguments. Since pro could not refute, no one gets better arguments. But no one gets 7 points either.
Vote Placed by Chicken 4 years ago
Chicken
tuduashok197emospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had full forfeit until last round, even though there were much better arguments made by con, they were technically new arguments that gave pro no time to respond. Weighing con's arguments in the round would be weighing a 1 round debate, but there were 4 in this round. Con's "Rebuttals" are in essence, new arguments that give pro no opportunity to respond to.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
tuduashok197emospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con went into detail about several movies that are in fact original and quite new for Hollywood which was more then enough to defeat the resolution. Both FF twice so conduct is even, no difference in grammar, and con did use sources.
Vote Placed by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
tuduashok197emospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff: Con waited until the last round, until Pro couldn't respond, before making his own argument.