theJackster
Shadowsx17

Mr.Obama claims that Republican endorsed voter registration laws will disenfranchise minorities.

theJackster

Con

The American people are being told by our President that any additional voter registration law proposed by the Republican law makers will and actually obstruct the rights of minority groups to vote and that the sole intent of the Republican law makers new legislation, such as identification laws that limit the type of identification required as well as laws reducing hours for early voting and ending voting opportunities for students, is to dismantle the Voters Rights Act of 1965 and not to protect us from voter fraud as the Republicans claim.
Shadowsx17

Pro

The resolution is: Does Obama claim that Republican endorsed voter registration laws will disenfranchise minorities?

I'm taking Pro and will argue that Obama claims that Republican endorsed voter registration laws will disenfranchise minorities. It seems you have conceded in your openeing round by admitting that Obama claims this, so that raps this debate up......
theJackster

Con

theJackster forfeited this round.
Shadowsx17

Pro

Shadowsx17 forfeited this round.
theJackster

Con

Thank you for that very poignant point, I concede mainly because... you are correct. How foolish for me to instigate a debate topic of an irrefutable fact and then take the Con side. Next I think I will debate Pookas are real and take the Con side of that too.

As if they're not.
Shadowsx17

Pro

Shadowsx17 forfeited this round.
Posted by theJackster 2 years ago
theJackster
I know, I know. Isn't it obvious to anyone that I seriously lack debating skills including the ability to understand what my debate topic is actually debating and if it's debatable.

Thank you Actionspeak for not annihilating me on the debate, The comment section is sufficient enough for my annihilation as you have demonstrated.

Tough crowd here at D.O.
My kind of people!
Posted by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
Obama definetely claims this and you even admit it in your first round....
Posted by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
Seriously, your side says that Obama doesn't claim that Republican's endorsed voter registration laws will disenfranchise minorities. YOUR ENTIRE FIRST ROUND CONTRADICTS THIS AND YOUR LUCKY I DON'T ACCEPT THE DEBATE AND ANNHILATE YOU!
Posted by theJackster 2 years ago
theJackster
Hello Jiffpop09, the debate is open if you care to accept but your just as welcome to watch from the gallery. Of course I disagree with your comment but isn't that the whole context of my debate challenge?

Thanks again whiteflame for helping me to better form my debate challenge.
Posted by Jifpop09 2 years ago
Jifpop09
They've been used in the past to suppress minorities, and I see no change today.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
No problem, just trying to simplify the debate a bit.
Posted by theJackster 2 years ago
theJackster
Thanks whiteflame for the much needed guidance. I'm afraid that I'm out of my league as I do not have any formal debating experience. In fact, this is my first one. I'll try to be more succinct. Thank you.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
Can we be more specific here? As phrased, you're essentially putting the onus on Pro to state that all voter registration laws are inherently anti-minority and anti-elderly, which is too high of a burden, since presenting one example of a voter registration law that doesn't disenfranchise them is enough for you to win the debate. Could you instead cite a specific law? Or perhaps suggest that Pro should cite certain laws and then you and he/she could debate whether or not they disenfranchise these groups? I'd suggest the former.