Muhammad is a false prophet

Pro - Believes Muhammad is a false prophet
Con - Believes that Muhammad is not a false prophet

Round 1 -
Pro - Opening Statement
Con - Opening Statement (No rebuttals)

Round 2:
Pro - responds to what Con argued
Con - responds to what Pro argued (does not defend arguments)

Round 3:
Pro & Con- Closing Statements

Opening Statement: Pro

My position is "Muhammad is a false prophet." Lets start of with a obvious one, when we see that according to Muslim sources, that when Muhammad started to get his 'Revelations', his first impression was that it was demonic.

Some Muslims get quite angry when Christians say that Muhammad wasn't actually getting revelations from God through the angel Gabriel. However, when he began receiving verses, Muhammad himself didn't believe they were from God. Why would Muslims get angry with us for taking Muhammad's first impression of his encounter seriously?

Here's the quotation from Ibn Ishaq on Muhammad's first meeting with Gabriel:

When it was the night on which God honored him with his mission and showed mercy on His servants thereby, Gabriel brought him the command of God. "He came to me," said the apostle of God, "while I was asleep, with a coverlet of brocade whereon was some writing, and said, "Read!" I said, "What shall I read?" He pressed me with it so tightly that I thought it was death; then he let me go and said, "Read!" I said, "What shall I read?" He pressed me with it again so that I thought it was death; then he let me go and said "Read!" I said, "What shall I read?" He pressed me with it the third time so that I thought it was death and said "Read!" I said, "What then shall I read?""and this I said only to deliver myself from him, lest he should do the same to me again. He said:
"Read in the name of thy Lord who created, Who created man of blood coagulated. Read! Thy Lord is the most beneficent, Who taught by the pen, Taught that which they knew not unto men."
So I read it, and he departed from me. And I awoke from my sleep, and it was as though these words were written on my heart.

Now none of God"s creatures was more hateful to me than an (ecstatic) poet or a man possessed: I could not even look at them. I thought, Woe is me poet or possessed"Never shall Quraysh say this of me! I will go to the top of the mountain and throw myself down that I may kill myself and gain rest." (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, p. 106)

Also according to Muslim sources Muhammad actually delivered verses from satan.

Here's the story, according to Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah (our earliest biographical source on Muhammad):

Now the apostle was anxious for the welfare of his people, wishing to attract them as far as he could. . . . When the apostle saw that his people turned their backs on him and he was pained by their estrangement from what he brought them from God he longed that there should come to him from God a message that would reconcile his people to him. Because of his love for his people and his anxiety over them it would delight him if the obstacle that made his task so difficult could be removed. . . . Then God sent down "By the star when it sets your comrade errs not and is not deceived, he speaks not from his own desire," and when he reached His words "Have you thought of al-Lat and al-Uzza and Manat the third, the other", Satan, when he was meditating upon it, and desiring to bring it to his people, put upon his tongue "these are the exalted Gharaniq [Numidian cranes] whose intercession is approved." When the Quraysh heard that, they were delighted and greatly pleased at the way in which he spoke of their gods and they listened to him; while the believers were holding that what their prophet brought them from their Lord was true, not suspecting a mistake or a vain desire or a slip, and when he reached the prostration and the end of the Sura in which he prostrated himself the Muslims prostrated themselves when their prophet prostrated confirming what he brought and obeying his command, and the polytheists of Quraysh and others who were in the mosque prostrated when they heard the mention of their gods, so that everyone in the mosque believer and unbeliever prostrated . . . Then the people dispersed and the Quraysh went out, delighted at what had been said about their gods, saying, "Muhammad has spoken of our gods in splendid fashion. He alleged in what he read that they are the exalted Gharaniq whose intercession is approved."

The news reached the prophet"s companions who were in Abyssinia, it being reported that Quraysh had accepted Islam, so some men started to return while others remained behind. Then Gabriel came to the apostle and said, "What have you done, Muhammad? You have read to these people something I did not bring you from God and you have said what He did not say to you." The apostle was bitterly grieved and was greatly in fear of God. So God sent down (a revelation), for He was merciful to him, comforting him and making light of the affair and telling him that every prophet and apostle before him desired as he desired and wanted what he wanted and Satan interjected something into his desires as he had on his tongue. So God annulled what Satan had suggested and God established His verses, i.e. you are just like the prophets and apostles. Then God sent down: "We have not sent a prophet or apostle before you but when he longed Satan cast suggestions in his longing. But God will annul what Satan has suggested. Then God will establish his verses, God being knowing and wise." (Ibn Ishaq, pp. 165-166)

So Muhammad, according to Muslim sources, could not tell the difference between a revelation from God and a revelation from Satan? Unless you can't think there is nothing to worry about.

By just two simple points we easily see Muhammad is a false prophet. A small one, Muhammad claimed he was prophesied (in a good way) in the Bible (Quran 7:157) but he is no where instead he is mentioned in a bad light. The Bible calls him an Antichrist according to 1 John 2:22-23. Thank you, good luck.

In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful. I accept Pro’s challenge and thank Pro for opening up this debate, and I wish him the best of luck.

First off, I’d like to define what a false prophet is according to the Bible by using Biblical verses to support my points:

1. In this verse, prophets are referred to as “spirits”. A false prophet, or “spirit”, will not confess Jesus is from God.

John 4:1-6: “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.”

2. In this verse, false prophets will deny the one and only God.

2 Peter 2:1: “But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

3. In this verse, false prophets are ones who speak falsities in the name of God, or ones who speak in the name of other Gods.

Deuteronomy 18:20: “But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.”

Now that we have established what a false prophet is according to the Bible, let’s see if Prophet Muhammad meets these criteria:
1. Did Muhammad not confess that Jesus is from God? Let’s take a look at what the Quran and Hadith say:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pig, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).
Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 651

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I am the nearest of all the people to the son of Mary, and all the prophets are paternal brothers, and there has been no prophet between me and him (i.e. Jesus)."
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652

Quran 19:19-21: “He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.” She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."

Quran 19:29-30: “But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle? He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet"

As you can see, Muhammad does not meet the first criteria. He clearly confesses and believes that Jesus is from God. In fact, Muhammad meets the criteria of being a true prophet, or “spirit”. “every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.”

2. Did Muhammad deny the one and only God? Let’s take a look at the Quran and Hadith:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: A man heard another man reciting (in the prayers): 'Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, the One." (112.1) And he recited it repeatedly. When it was morning, he went to the Prophet and informed him about that as if he considered that the recitation of that Sura by itself was not enough. Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is equal to one-third of the Quran."

According to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), reading Surat Al-Ikhlas, which is a brief Surah that describes the oneness and uniqueness of God, is equivalent to reading one-third of the Quran.

Quran 112: “Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like unto Him.”

The Quran mentions countless times that God is one, and there is none like him. This brief Surah is sufficient enough to confirm this fact in the Quran. Muhammad clearly does not meet the second criteria of being a false prophet.

3. Did Muhammad speak falsities in the name of God, or even speak in the name of other gods? Let’s look at the Quran and Hadith to find out:

Quran 69:44-47: “And if the apostle (referring to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh))were to invent any sayings in Our name, We should certainly seize him by his right hand, And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart: Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath).”

If Muhammad were to speak falsities in the name of God, he would have been killed according to both the Bible and the Quran. Also a point to consider, Muhammad was illiterate, so any possibility of him using other texts to speak falsities in the name of God are non-existent. Also, in regards to Muhammad speaking in the name of other Gods, we know this cannot be true as he not only has preached to no end the oneness and uniqueness of the one and only God, but he also has never done so in an Authentic Hadith or in the Quran.

On the other hand, I'd like to show prophecies that Muhammad made that could only have come from a divine source. Here, I will only be using the Hadith, as I've almost reached the limit:

1 ‘Umar reports in a narration recorded in Sahih al-Muslim:

‘Before the Battle of Badr started, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, walked around the battlefield and pointed to some locations, saying, Abu Jahl will be killed here, ‘Utba here, Shayba here, Walid here, and so on. By God, we found, after the battle, the dead bodies of all those men in the exact places that God’s Messenger had pointed out.’

2. Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad ibn Hanbal record:

During the construction of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madina, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, told ‘Ammar:

What a pity O ‘Ammar, a rebellious group will kill you.

‘Ammar was killed in the Battle of Siffin by the supporters of Mu‘awiya, who rebelled against Caliph ‘Ali.

3. The Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, predicted the Mongol invasion, saying:

The Hour will not come before you fight against a people with red faces, small, slant eyes and flat noses. They wear hairy leather boots.

4.The Prophet declared:

This affair began with Prophethood and as a mercy; then it will be mercy and Caliphate; afterwards it will change into a cruel monarchy, and finally into an iniquity and tyranny. He also prophesied: Surely, the Caliphate after me will last thirty years; afterwards it will a cruel monarchy.

In conclusion, using not only what the Bible says but also what Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself said, we can conclude that Muhammad is indeed a true prophet.

OK here is another criteria, an Antichrist denies the Father and the Son. Islam denies that God is a Father and the Lord Jesus Christ is his son.

Muhammad satanic verses - Islam strongly opposes idolatry, polytheism, associating anything or anyone with God. In fact, Islam's creed in Arabic begins with a negative: Not is there a god except God. It contrasts sharply with the contention of Muhammad's Arab contemporaries that God had associates. Some of these associates are even mentioned in the Qur'an, among them three female deities: al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat. Each had a shrine in separate places not far from Mecca in Arabia, where Muhammad was born and began his mission. They were even considered to be daughters of God!

The Qur'an, as it now reads, obviously rejects these deities. But"and here comes the issue"did the Qur'an and Muhammad always reject them?

While Muhammad was in Mecca, his followers were few, his movement grew painfully slowly and he, too, felt the pain of estrangement from his tribe. According to early and treasured biographical and historical accounts of Muhammad, authored by competent Muslim scholars (such as writings of at-Tabari and Ibn Sa"d), Muhammad longed for better relations and reconciliation with his community. Thereafter, the accounts continue, God revealed Surah 53 to Muhammad up to and including vss. 19, 20. These two verses read:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza
And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

Then, originally, the verses (known today as the satanic verses) followed:

These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries)
Whose intercession is to be hoped for.

The cranes whose intercession was recognized were, of course, the three deities. The same accounts tell us that after this revelation was completed, Muhammad, his followers and the pagan Arabs all prostrated. Tensions eased, reconciliation was at hand, and all were delighted.

But Muhammad soon retracted the reconciliation"how soon is not clear. For the account continues that Jibril (Gabriel), the angel of revelation, informed Muhammad that Satan had used Muhammad's desire for reconciliation with the pagan leaders to insert into the revelation of God the verses about the interceding cranes, otherwise called "the satanic verses". The verses which follow, not the satanic verses, serve as the proper sequence to 53:19,20 (above):

Are yours the males and His the females?
That indeed were an unfair division! (53:21,22)

In other words: When you Arabs have sons (whom you prefer to daughters!), how unfair of you to say that God has daughters! The idea of a plurality of gods or goddesses or sons or daughters of God is ridiculous. God alone is God. The three goddesses are false.

Two other passages from the Qur'an are considered to have reference to the compromise between Muhammad and the Arabs, and Muhammad's eventual rejection of it. The first reads:

And they indeed strove to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We (God) have inspired thee, that thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend.
And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little.
Then had We made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou found no helper against Us. (17:73-75)

The second passage is intended to comfort Muhammad:

Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened "Lo! the evil-doers are in open schism. (22:52,53)

Matthew 7:15-20 - Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep"s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thorn-bushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, by their fruit you will recognize them.

It says that you will recognize them by their fruits. As we see Muhammad had very bad fruits. For example he allowed his followers to beat their wives. (Quran 4:34).

Westernized Muslims assure us that Islam promotes women's rights and the equality of men and women. Who's right? Let's turn to the Qur'an to see what Allah says about violence against women. Consider three translations of Surah 4, Verse 34 of the Qur'an:

Qur'an 4:34 (Pickthall)"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret what Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great.

Qur'an 4:34 (Ali)"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband"s) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, Great (above you all).

Notice that Yusuf Ali adds the word "lightly" in parentheses. The word "lightly" isn't in the Arabic of this verse. According to Islam, the Qur'an is perfect and clear. Isn't it interesting that Muslim translators believe that they can improve the Qur'an by watering down its teachings?

He allows people to fight Christians and Jews until they pay Jizyah tax (Quran 9:29). Also he let his followers have "temporal marriage" as a form of prostitution. (Sahih Muslim 3248)

For some of the practical consequences of Muhammad's teachings about Mut'ah, see the following articles:

"Syrian Mothers Selling Daughters as Prostitutes to Wealthy Saudis in Accordance with Sharia"
"Muta (Islamic Prostitution) Still Common in Poor Areas of Egypt"
"Hezbollah Using Prostitution (Muta) for Recruitment"
"Temporary Marriage in Iran"

I am not trying to offend you. Next after your rebuttal we have our closing statements (Not rebuttal). :)

In the name of Allah, the most Gracious the most Merciful. O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness); Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say.

In this round, I will be refuting the arguments Pro has made.

Let"s take a look at his first point, which is an excerpt from Ibn Ishaq"s biography of Prophet Muhammad. First of all, I"d like to touch on the credibility of Ibn Ishaq"s biography. I would like to present you the views of non-Islamic scholars on Ibn Ishaq"s biography:

"False ascription was rife among the 8th century scholars and that in any case Ibn Ishaq and contemporaries were drawing on oral traditions."- Michael Cook

"However, Ibn Ishaq's life of Muhammad is so unashamedly hagiographical that its accuracy is questionable."-Robert Spencer (anti-Islamic, Islamophobe)

As you can see, he isn"t exactly the most reliable source. If you want to know the story of what happened with Muhammad on the night of the first revelation, you must turn to the Authentic Hadith, and not a shaky biography written by a heavily criticized man who never even saw the Prophet.

"Narrated 'Aisha:
(the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.
The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."
Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1 Book 1 Number 3

Now, tell me what is wrong in what you have read from Sahih Bukhari? Something that indicates that Prophet Muhammad is a false prophet?

On to your second point of Muhammad reciting Satanic verses. Once again, this is nowhere to be found in Sahih Bukhari. Claiming it is an accurate account of what happened because Ibn Ishaq narrated this is simply untrue. I have already showed you how he isn"t a reliable source. He has never even seen the Prophet in his life.

"The story that Muhammad could have used the Satanic suggestion is rejected by almost all exegetes."

Read more about this here:

You also brought another criteria of being a false prophet in the Bible by using John 2:22 which says:

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son."

Muhammad never denied that Jesus is the Christ, or "Messiah", translated Christ. Also, you must understand the language of the Bible. God has many, many Sons according to the Bible. The meaning is not literal. Jesus Christ never claimed divinity in the Bible, in fact he even denounced this idea.

You then mention something of a compromise between Muhammad and the Arabs, and use the Quran to attempt to justify this preposterous claim. Nowhere in the Quran or Hadith does it ever mention any attempt to compromise between Islam and Paganism. In fact, when Muhammad was offered women, fame and power in exchange to stop preaching monotheism, he said that he would never be bribed or stopped to preach monotheism and the belief in the one and only God.

Quran 109: " Say, "O disbelievers, I do not worship what you worship. Nor are you worshippers of what I worship. Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship. Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship. For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

Tell me, are these the words of a man willing to compromise the word of God?

Also, you mention wife beating, which opens up a whole new debate. To keep it short, I will link you to a better explanation than I could give with the limited characters I have left.

You then mention that the Quran says that the Jizya tax must be enforced on non-Muslims who are living in an Islamic country. So what? It"s a crime to not pay taxes these days.

You then say something about temporary marriage (which is something the Prophet does not permit by the way) by using a Hadith of one person saying it was allowed. The Prophet never condoned this action verbally or by actually doing it.

In conclusion, Muhammad's status as a true prophet of God stands as Pro was not able to expand on his own arguments, nor could he refute a single one of mine.

It is obvious by the evidence that Muhammad (and the Quran) allowed many horrible acts. Muhammad had very bad fruits and is a Antichrist.

He claimed that he was a victim of black magic.

Sahih Al-Bukhari 3175"Aisha narrated: "Once the Prophet was bewitched so that he began to imagine that he had done a thing which in fact, he had not done."

Sahih Al-Bukhari 5765"Aisha narrated: Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not. Then one day he said, "O Aisha, do you know that Allah has instructed me concerning the matter I asked Him about? Two men came to me and one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. The one near my head asked the other: 'What is wrong with this man?' The latter replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' The first one asked, 'Who has worked magic on him?' The other replied, 'Labid bin Al-Asam, a man from Bani Zuraiq who was an ally of the Jews and was a hypocrite.' The first one asked, 'What material did he use?' The other replied, 'A comb and the hair stuck to it.'"

Apart from the most obvious problem for Muslims (namely, how anyone can fully trust a man who was controlled by a magic spell), there is a deeper difficulty. According to Qur'an 2:102, magic comes from demons. According to Qur'an 16:98-100, Satan has no power over those "who believe and put trust in their Lord," but only over those "who make a friend of him, and those who ascribe partners unto Him (Allah)." So if Satan only has power over those who befriend him and commit shirk, and black magic is demonic power over human beings, and Muhammad was a victim of black magic, then Muhammad, according to the Qur'an, must have been a friend of Satan who committed shirk!

Muhammad is a false prophet, there is overwhelming evidence. Also he claimed that he was mentioned in the Bible (In a good way) but he was not he is the false prophet (prophesied in the bible revelation 13:1-18) that would get people to worship the beast (The God of Islam) or Satan.

Muhammad is a false prophet according to the Bible and is obvious he had very rotten fruits.

look at this for more:

Hey my Muslim friend, thank you for this debate. You seem like a very intelligent person and I hope to debate you again. I will think about what you said and please think about what I said. Have a good day, God bless.

I pray by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ you come to repentance in the Lord Jesus Christ to the Glory of God the Father. Amen.

Grace and peace my friend.

One of the criteria in deciding the authenticity of a Hadith is to check whether or not they clearly contradict the Quran or an Authentic Hadith. In this case, the Hadiths regarding Muhammad"s bewitchment clearly contradict the Quran.

Quran 17:47 "We are most knowing of how they listen to it when they listen to you and [of] when they are in private conversation, when the wrongdoers say, "You follow not but a man affected by magic."

Quran 25:8 "Or [why is not] a treasure presented to him [from heaven], or does he [not] have a garden from which he eats?" And the wrongdoers say, "You follow not but a man affected by magic."

Quran 53:2 "Your companion is neither astray nor being misled".

Quran 81:22 "[O people!] Your companion is not crazy"

Quran 34:46 "Say, "I only advise you of one [thing] - that you stand for Allah , [seeking truth] in pairs and individually, and then give thought." There is not in your companion any madness. He is only a warner to you before a severe punishment."

Therefore, this Hadith can not be true. Also, consider this: if by your definition a false prophet is one who was a victim of magic, is Prophet Moses (pbuh) a false prophet as well?

Also, simply because Muhammad is not mentioned in the modern day Bible does not mean too much. Even David Wood, an anti-Islamic Islamophobe says that the Bible is corrupted. Check it out:

Before I make my concluding statements, I"d like to bring some things to consideration.

He was illiterate, and even if he wasn"t like some people claim, there"s no way any human could produce a chapter similar to a chapter from the Quran. The Quran has proposed this challenge upon mankind, and for 1400 years, not a single person could step up and complete the challenge.

He"s made numerous prophecies a man could never have made as I"ve shown in my previous post.

He"s never preached or promoted satanic ideas or rituals, and rather has promoted the worship of one God, and one God only. If he was bewitched why would he do this? If he was controlled by Satan why would he do this?
Despite all this, most Christians have no respect at all for Prophet Muhammad, and try to label him as a false prophet and an antichrist.

Tell me my Christian brother, would an antichrist preach that Jesus Christ (pbuh) is from God? Would an antichrist promote a religion in which a lack of belief in Jesus Christ (pbuh) makes you a disbeliever? Would an antichrist convert an idol-worshipping society into a monotheistic society? Would an antichrist call Pagans to the belief of one God? This is ridiculous. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and his followers have nothing but reverence and respect for Jesus Christ, and no one is a Muslim without accepting Jesus Christ. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the last person I would label as an antichrist or false prophet.

Also, I"d like the audience to consider the following:

I hope non-Christians understand that I chose a Biblical approach as my opponent in this debate was a Christian brother.

This isn"t related to the topic of the debate but is important nonetheless. I"d like the audience to consider that nearly the entirety of Pro"s argument is copied and pasted from a single source with minimal analysis or thoughts of his own, other than the introduction or conclusion of his posts.

I"d like the audience to consider the fact that despite Round 2 being dedicated to refuting the opponent"s arguments and not defending his own, Pro did the exact opposite.

In conclusion, I hope I was able to enlighten the audience and clear up some common misconceptions anyone had prior to reading this debate. I"d also like to thank my Christian brother for opening up this debate, and I will certainly consider your points seriously. You really challenged me and brought forth compelling evidence for your argument. Regardless, I am always searching for the truth relentlessly and I am open to any criticism of Islam. Anyone who is afraid of having his own religion criticized is not one who is looking for the truth, but one who hides behind an illusion or a dream he doesn"t want to end. At the end of the day, any religious ties we have are because of the truth we find in that religion. Any ties past that are simply radical, illogical and nonsensical ties which bear no meaning and hold no weight, and must be tossed aside in order to engage in productive and meaningful dialogue with other cultures and religions.

Quran 49:13 "O men! We have created you all out of a male and female and have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."

Peace be upon you my Brother.
Posted by JesusIsGodForever 2 months ago
Jesus never said the exact three words, "I am God." But Jesus also never said the exact four words, "I am a prophet," or the exact four words "I am a man," but we know he was both a prophet and a man. It is not necessary for Jesus to say the exact phrase "I am a man," for us to know that he was a man. Likewise, it is not necessary for Jesus to utter the exact three words "I am God," in order for us to determine whether or not he is divine. Jesus may not have said the exact sentence "I am God," but he did claim the divine name for himself (Exo. 3:14 with John 8:58), and he also received worship (Matt. 2:2; 14:33; 28:9; John 9:35-38).

When Moses was up at the Mount speaking to God, Moses asked God what his name was. God said, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, 'Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel,' 'I AM has sent me to you.' (Exodus 3:14). In John 8:58 Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Right after this the Jews picked up stones to throw at him. Later, in John 10:30-33 Jesus claimed to be one with the Father; and the Jews wanted to stone him again because they said to Jesus, "You, being a man, make yourself out to be God." Jesus had claimed the divine name for his own, and the Jews wanted to kill him for it. Therefore, from Jesus' own mouth we see that he was claiming to be God.
Jesus said he was the Son (Mt 11:27). Jesus was in closest relation to the Father. It does not mean God has a wife but it means the person in closest relation to God.

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, "I am God." That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus" words in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one." We need only to look at the Jews" reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: "You, a mere man, claim to be God" (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming"deity. When Jesus declared, "I and the Father are one," He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth " before Abraham was born, I am!" Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus" deity: "The Word [Jesus] was God" and "the Word became flesh" (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, "Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood." Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, "But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom."" The Father refers to Jesus as "O God," indicating that Jesus is indeed God.
I said I believe Muhammad was a false prophet. A fake prophet. Yeah pretty much he is not a prophet. But he is the False prophet and the beast that was prophesied to come (Rev 13-1:18)
I'm new too so its all good.
Posted by thedynasty139 2 months ago
Nevermind, I misread it, it's all good now.
Posted by thedynasty139 2 months ago
I'm a bit new to this site and this is my first debate I've participated in. When you say "Con - Opening Statement (No rebuttals)", does this mean I simply state that I accept the challenge and make my case for why he isn't a false prophet without refuting your arguments?
Posted by UtherPenguin 2 months ago
I might accept this debate if no one else does in the next three days.
Posted by Irascible_Me 2 months ago
Too bad; I cannot accept, as I agree with the instigator.

"At least you believe he (peace be upon him) was a Prophet nonetheless :P", a very poor attempt at wit.
Posted by SaxonHammer 2 months ago
WARNING: This is a religious debate - do not accept unless you believe!
Posted by Muslimdebater 2 months ago
At least you believe he (peace be upon him) was a Prophet nonetheless :P