Multi-Wargasm
SONOFGOD2013

Muhammad was a prophet of God

Multi-Wargasm

Multi-Wargasm

Pro

Proposing the motion that Muhammad is a prophet of God. I welcome my opponent to start the debate and should they defer, I will take the reigns.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

So Muhammad? Your Muslim right? So tell why you think he's a prophet?
Multi-Wargasm

Pro

Religious background is irrelevant in this debate, but Muhammad is a prophet of God none the less. I will start the debate by considering what makes God God. We are three dimensional beings that pass through the world and always restricted in our understanding of what else is out there. I would classify that absence of knowledge as God, an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient being, that we can only define in our human understanding. Such definition, therefore, is inherently flawed and the human condition has repeated this flaw, based purely on how we define ourselves as a culture and a society. The Vikings' society was based on war and death, so gods like Thor arose and heaven was a place of non-stop battle debauchery. Even within Christianity, we see how it has changed greatly over the past centuries; the rise of the Catholic Church, the many splits within that Church. Indeed, both Islam and Christianity are both Jesuit religious sects. The conclusion that we see from this is that religion has evolved, a long with society, and now there many interpretations of what God is. Noah, Buddha and the messiah Christ have all featured as instrumental players in defining our relation with God. So too is the case with Muhammad. Because of him, one of the greatest religions has arisen and because of him, the evolution of the concept of God has as well. He stressed that Islam follows the creator of the universe. A creator that transcends time and space. So to say that God did not intend for this to happen would be to relinquish you belief in God, for time is nothing to him and, thus, our actions are all predetermined. Therefore, I cannot state that Muhammad was not a prophet of God, simply because he was.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

So you think he is the prophet or he isn't. Please clarify. I think he isn't and I think being Muslim is wrong.
Multi-Wargasm

Pro

He is based on his historical import to religion. Can you please clarify as to why being a Muslim is wrong? I assume you are Christian and am therefore curious as to why you believe one religion can hold moral primacy over another?
SONOFGOD2013

Con

Well first of all why should a woman not be able to show anything except her eyes. I mean seriously what's wrong with that. And Muslims have to pray a certain amount of times and even fast(Ramadan I think). God gave us free will so we don't have to do that. I'm there's rules you have to follow. In Christianity all you have to do is repent and try to live a godly life which seems to make sense to people. Well at least to me it makes sense
Multi-Wargasm

Pro

I am afraid you are not considering a different ethnic culture and religion based on their terms. Much to the contrary, you are considering them on your ideology. An atheist would consider your concept of free will as given by God as an illogical statement, as they do not believe in God. They would then assume that repenting and trying to live a godly life would, therefore, not make sense.
In rebuttal, I would hasten to argue that Muslim's also have free will, but they use it to the effect of fasting and praying a certain amount of times a day. One could argue that their God states that they must and, as such, they do not have free will. However, I could then argue that Jesus demands your free will in repenting and finding salvation in him and no other.
You will also find that the Islamic doctrine incorporates the Torah, New Testament, and Koran in their religion. Of which the Bible states that a woman must cover their head. It also confers a patriarchal belief that women are subsidiary to men, which is a questionable doctrine to say the least.
Finally, with concerns to you, you appear to be Christian, yet you ignore Christian doctrines, such as "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven." Thus, if you even wish to consider arguing from your own religious point of view, I would suggest that you follow it.
However, we are deviating from the debate itself. I would ask you to outline why Muhammad was not a prophet of God, so that you may establish some grounds to your position on the subject.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

I do forgive and we'll I'm just telling you what I think. I'm judging the people who are Muslims, I'm just saying that the religion is not right. Your judging me actually.
Multi-Wargasm

Pro

I may be, but I am not Christian, so I am allowed to. However, I apologise if that is the case. Your implication that a religion is wrong, however, is a fallacy on an objective level as it utilizes a subjective argument and does not consider the religion itself, or the culture which follows it.

In addition, you have not considered the points I have previously made or the debate itself. I await a rebuttal.
SONOFGOD2013

Con

That's proof right there. You can judge which to me and I think most people it's wrong. And there's a lot of Muslim extremists which force people into their ways which is taking away peoples free will. I think Muhammad probably was influential but not the last prophet of god.
Posted by Khan.s1996 2 years ago
Khan.s1996
A very sensitive topic here. The con should try and come up with better facts to back up his argument.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
What does that mean dude? Pbuh Allah
Posted by SeekTruth 3 years ago
SeekTruth
I really am impressed and commend Multi-Wargasm for his attitude and hid demeanor, kind courteous and gentle the our the last and Final Messenger of Allah told us to be pbuh MasAllah
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
I guess it's the way you look at it.
Posted by Multi-Wargasm 3 years ago
Multi-Wargasm
Islamic doctrine dictates that you must refer to Muhammad, peace be upon him, in such a fashion as his title indicates, as a matter of respect. Whether you are Islamic or not, you should refer to the prophet by this title, even if you do not believe him to be. It would be like meeting Prince Charles and referring to him as Charlie boy. Cultural sensitivity.
Posted by SONOFGOD2013 3 years ago
SONOFGOD2013
What?
Posted by Multi-Wargasm 3 years ago
Multi-Wargasm
I apologise if I offended. I shall keep that in mind should I ever say Muhammad, peace be upon him.
Posted by SeekTruth 3 years ago
SeekTruth
Say peace be upon him
Vote Placed by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
Multi-WargasmSONOFGOD2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro because Con was making attacks on Islam for no good reason. Arguments also to Pro because, again, most of Con's argument was talking about how bad Islam is without any real justification. Just because there are Muslim extremists out there doesn't make Islam a bad religion. All that other stuff Con said about Islam was said without any regard for how the Middle East's cultural values are very different from that of western civilization. It is not fair to judge another culture from your own culture's point of view.