Muhammed is Not Predicted in the Bible.

Hello Julia Salaam Alaikum( Please tell me if I got that wrong)

I was directed to your profile a little bit ago and I realized that your the first Shiite Muslim I've ever met in my life. I really don't want to let this oppurtunity go by, so I was wondering if you'd be able to have this quick debate with me. I'm a Christian and I'll be arguing that Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible and I hoped you would be willing to argue as con. We've got 5 rounds to get through with 72 hours to argue.

My rules are pretty simple. First off, all quotations from the Quran and Bible will obviously be in English. The second rule is that we respect each others beliefs and keep this debate calm.

I hope your able to debate with me and as is the custom of Ladies first you can lay down your arguments as soon as you want and I'll try to respond.

Thanks and may the best argument win!

In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful.
"And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best." (the Quran 29:46)

Wa Alayk
(I'm sorry. You're Christian and I can't write the rest)
I accept this challenge and thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to debate on this subject. :) I wish you luck.
May Allah help me prove you that the Bible testifies for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Some Chriatians ask me, "when you criticise our faith, you prove that the Bible is corrupted. But why do you quote the Bible when you want to prove the prophethood of Muhammad?"

I answer:
1. There are so many Quranic verses and narrations that we don't need any other sources to prove the prophethood of Muhammad.
2. When I quote the testimonies of heavenly books about his Muhammad, I just want to confirm his prophethood, not prove it.
3. The glad tidings of the Scriptures about the coming of Muhammad shows that the connection of other religions with Islam; and that those religions guide their followers to Islam.
4. No one can claim that the Scriptures are corrupted completely. No one can claim that the authors of the Bible replaced ALL the original verses with the sentencese they wrote. And the Quran is the mean which we can recognize the authentic verses through it.

Ok. Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) never claimed that he is the last messenger of Allah. He never said that no prophet would come after him. Rather, he warned us against the false prophets. He told us how we can recognize them.
"Watch out for false prophets.They come to you in sheep"s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."By their fruit you will recognize them."Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit."A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them." (Matthew 7:15-20)

John the Baptist also never claimed that no prophet would come after Jesus. Rather, when he was asked, "are you that prophet (whom we are waiting for)?", he answered, "No.".

To prove the prophethood of Muhammad, the Quran tells the people of Scripture that Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible. So they should believe in him, as they have believed in Jesus. Here's are two Quranic verses on this subject:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful." (7:157)

"Those to whom We gave the Scripture know him as they know their own sons. But indeed, a party of them conceal the truth while they know [it]." (2:146)

It's not fair!! can only type 4000 characters!! But the verses of the Bible about Muhammad are too many. Please read my comments too.

Well Julia, I'd just like to thank you again for accepting this debate over something thats very near and dear to both of our hearts, and please tell me if I'm being disrespectful or misinterpreting your beliefs in any way.

I'd like to start out with the first verse you mentioned which was Mathew 7:15-20 I believe. This verse does indeed say how to recognize false prophets, but the thing you need to remember is that Muhammed seems to fit this criteria. Lets just say that the historical Muhammed wasn't the most reasonable man. We know from Islamic scholars of the time that he beheaded 600-800 Jews at Medina, ordered the assassinations of famous poets, named his own weapons, brutally tortured criminals, and commited many other atrocities. So we can see that he was producing plenty of thorns of thistles from his tree, which in my opinion, kind of disqualifies him from the prophethood.

The next verses you mentioned was Deut. 33:1-2. Now the problem of your interpretation is that you seem to fail to realize that this verse is talking about The Lord God and not Muhammed. Another thing we need to realize is that when it says ten thousands of saints in the Hebrew, this does not mean 10,000 but a large myriad going beyond just 10,000. And where is Paran? Well Paran and Seir are both near Egypt in the Sinai Peninsula. Paran itself is in north eastern Sinai and nowhere near Mecca!

The last verses you mentioned were Revelation 12:1-4. These verses clearly say that this Woman gave birth to the Messiah who was Jesus. Now there are really only 2 options for who she could be. One is Mary and the other is Israel. To find out which one it is we just have to cross reference this with the identical picture in Genesis 37:9-11. These verses show Joseph having this same vision concerning Israel! Most Biblical scholars agree that this will be Israel who will flee to the wilderness, perhaps Petra, to survive.

My sources for these arguments are Answering and also Nabeel Qureshi.

Thanks so much for all the great arguments you put forth and I'll be awaiting your reply Julia.

Some Christians quote the Quranic verses about killing infidels to prove that Islam is the religion of violence. They use this verses to prove that Muhammad killed non-Muslims. And it shows that they believe these verses are true. Otherwise, they wouldn't quote them. So what has prevented them from believing the whole Quran? Do they believe in some part and disbelieve in some part?
The Quran which orders Muhammad to kill infidels - the same Quran tells him:" And We have not sent you, except as a mercy to the worlds." (21:107)
Muhammad was a mercy to the world even when he killed Jews.
Islam is the religion of peace. But sometimes peace is worth fighting the oppressive. Even a gardener has to remove weeds from his yard to protect the plants. Instead of finding out that how many people were killed by Muhammad, research why they were killed and what their plot against Islam was.
Read these:

The Battle of Khaibar:

The Battle of Ahzab:

If your claim is true, so Moses is not a prophet too. Has has killed more people.
"Do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them." (Deuteronomy 20:16-17)

The verses of Revelation are about a woman. But how can you know that she was Mary? This woman was Lady Fatima, daughter of Muhammad. Christians know her as a woman with Rosary but mistake her for Mary.
John the Apostle knew Mary perfectly. So there was no need to use the term "a woman." she could simply name Mary. Besides the signs written about this woman are not described for Mary. And the son of that woman is the Savior. He is the 12th Imam, the Promised Mahdi and not Jeaus Christ.
You should read the history of Islam to know the interpretion of those verses. But if you want, I can explain in my comments

And I don't know why you deny it! Paran is located in Saudi Arabia! Paran and Baka are two words in Old Testament which refer to Mecca.

"Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in ARABIA and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem.." (Galatians 4:25)

"Then"God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. And she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink. And God was with the boy, and he grew up. He lived in the wilderness"and became an expert with the bow."He lived in the wilderness of Paran, and his mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt." (Genesis 21:19:21)

Do you know what the name of that well is? It is the sacred well of Zamzam, located in Mecca. [1]

By the order of Allah, Abraham took his wife and son to the desert of Arabia and left them alone. Hagar and Ishmael only had some water and a few dates to eat. She drank water and breastfed his son. But after a while, they both got thirsty and Ishmael started crying. Seeing this, Hagar tried to find some water. She climbed the mountain of Safa and looked down at the valley to see if she could find anyone to assist her. She found no one and so she went down from the mountain until she reached the valley. Then she climbed Al-Marwah Mountain in keeping her search for water but to no avail. She went back to As-Safa then back again to Al-Marwah for seven times. On her last arrival to Al-Marwah, she heard a voice which prompted her to call out: "Help, if you can". There was Angel Gabriel who hit the ground with his wing until fresh and pure water emerged. That became known as Zamzam water. Hagar gathered the water with her hands and collected it in her container while it was springing out. Gabriel said: "Do not fear loss, for there is a sacred House here which will be built by this child and his father", meaning Ishmael and his father Abraham. [2]

Read my comments please.

And also:

Well Julia, I'm going to have to disagree with you on a few points you made. Also I just want to say sorry if I didn't represent your beliefs with enough respect.

First off you mentioned how some Christians quote verses in the Quran to suit our own needs, but isn't that exactly what your doing? I don't want to call you a hypocrite but it sounds like a double standard if you ask me. To say that Muhammed is prophesied in the Bible, but denying the prophecies that the Messiah would HAVE to be killed and ressurected and denying the Deity of The Lord seems a bit sketchy to me.

And yes I actually have researched why Muhammed killed and brutally tortured people and the simple reason is that they didn't agree with him. Take for example the Meccan caravans that were plundered by the Muslims. Did the innocent woman and children in them deserve that?

I'd also like to go over the Quryza Massacre quickly. It seems that before the slaughter, Muhammed had already banished the peaceful Qaynuqa and Nadir tribes. Early Muslim sources conclude that he expelled the Nadir tribe over a feared assassination( Talk about corporal punishment.) Soon after the Battle of the Trench, Muhammed was taking a bath and claimed to have a vision from the "angel" Gabriel giving him the authority he wanted to butcher the Jews. When they had captured all the Jews, Muhammed denied the plee for mercy and abided by the decision of his friend Sad Bin Muadh. All men and boys were then beheaded and many of te women were taken as sex slaves for lots of the men. Now we can ask ourselves one question...... Did Jesus ever tell us to do this?

You also seemed to assume that I believed the Woman in Revelation was Mary. I along with almost all Biblical scholars agree that she is Israel, which scripture seems to support much more considering Jesus had to come from this woman. It would be pretty stupid to say Jesus came out of Islam but that's just my opinion. I also don't understand how you can quote from Revelation where it's the number one book where Jesus is worshiped, and it's main theme is the Jesus returning as Almighty God/ King of Kings and LORD of Lords.

And I'm sorry about the whole Paran in Sinai thing, I was a bit sleepy when I checked google maps :)
But I will have to say that Paran is in the path of where the Israelites went and considering this verse talks about God not Muhammed.

In conclusion I'll turn it over to you, but I would love it if you would watch some of the videos by Nabeel Qureshi, and also a video on Louder with Crowder called Muhammed vs Jesus( Be careful about this one cause it's pretty anti muslim)

Thanks Julia

Yes. I'm doing the same. We believe in some parts of the Bible (which are confirmed by Quran) and disbelieve in other parts (which are against the teachings of Islam). But there's a difference between us and Christians. Most Christians don't believe in the Quran as the last revelation of God. They just claim that it teaches violence to attack on Islam or spread Islamphobia. They don't quote the verses which prohibits killing the innocent. But we don't reject the Bible completely. We just don't believe in the parts which are illogical and against Islam. And we criticize it logically to show the truth to Christians and guide them.
For example, there are only two things which we reject about the story of Abraham:

1. The Bible says Abraham married his step-sister. We are disagree with this. Because:
"Do not have sexual relations with your sister,"either your father"s daughter or your mother"s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere." (Lovitics 18:9)

We believe that when Abraham told Abimelek that Sarah was his sister, he meant "sister-in-faith". So he didn't lie.

2. We also believe that God orders Abraham to sacrifice his firstborn son, Ishmael. But the Bible, corrupted by racist Jews, describes him as a wild person and says that Abraham sacrificed Isaac.

Apart from these points, we believe the story of Abraham as mentioned in the Bible. We can find the authentic verses by comparing them to the Quran, Islamic narrations and the Gospel of Barnabas.

Oh, you were talking about the tribe of Bani Quraidha when you said the Prophet beheaded 600 Jews. You read all about it, didn't you? So you still think Muhammad killed them unjustly?

1. Before the Battle of Ahzab, Muhammad established a treaty with Banu Quraidha that if the Jews attack and harm Muslims or support their enemies, the Muslims can attack them and enslave their women. Do you know what it means? The Jews themselves agreed that if they broke their oath, the Muslims could kill them. However they broke their oath.

2. The Jews of Bani Quraidha betrayed Muslims when Medina was surrounding by the enemies and the hypocrites incited Muslims not to take part in the battle. If Allah didn't help them to defend Medina, the Jews would kill them and enslave their women.

3. After the Jews gave up, they said that they would be pleased with whatever Sa'd ibn Maadh decided. And Sa'd judged them justly based on their own book;

"When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace."If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject"to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city."When the"Lord"your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it."As for the women, the children, the livestockand everything else in the city,"you may take these as plunder"for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies." (Deuteronomy 20;10-14)

Anyway, don't use Christian sources when you want to know if Muhammad is mentioned in Bible. Because it's hard to find a Christian scholar who admits it. They have corrupted the New Testament to misguide you and conceal the truth of Jesus from you. So how can you think that they simply tell you the verses I mentioned are about Muhammad? I don't want to tell you to use Islamic websites. Just compare those verses with what the Quran says. I just found a few Christians who admitted the Bible is corrupted.
Please read my comments.

Well, the reason why Christians deny the Quran as the final revelation is because it contradicts the Ingil and even seems to contradict itself in many places.

I also find it kind of funny when you say that you criticize logically when your god said in the Quran that to question Islam and have doubts in unallowed. You can't seek the Truth without doubts sister!

Abraham did indeed marry his step sister. We also know for a fact that Cain married his sister and yet Muslims don't cry about that do they? Abraham was before the Levitical Law and you'll also know that marrying family members was allowed then, but was but allowed under the Law of Moses. As a side note, to say that she was just a sister in faith is a forced interpretation of the text and doesn't fit in the context.

As for whether Abram sacrificed Ishmael or Isaac is pretty clear. First off, we know for historical facts that the Torah has not been corrupted as you say it has due to many of the Dead Sea scrolls, Masoreric texts, portions of ancient scripture, and even Rabbinical sources. The beliefs and traditions that Isaac was sacrificed go back to the very beginning, but when we see a book written in the desert thousands of years later with no archeological and historical support it seems very implausible that the Quran is legit. It also greatly disturbs me that you call the Jewish people r"cist which is just wrong.

GOSPEL OF BARNABAS........... Really :)
The Gospel of Barnabas has been cast aside by Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, and every legitimate Islamic scholar, both Shiite and Sunni as false. We know for 100% FACT that the Gospel of Barnabas was written in Medieval 16th century Spain( Guess it's a bit past medieval, but you get the point.) ONLY 2 poorly made manuscripts were found IN Spain and written IN Spanish of all languages. The only manuscript of it that we have today comes from the 18th century. The great Islamic scholar Abbas al Akked says that this is a very late book. We also see that there are plenty of geographical errors which prove that the people, or person, who wrote it had never been to Israel and knew nothing about it. If you like to see something that is more legit I would encourage you that you look at the Epistle of Barnabas which can be dated to early Christianity and which shows that Jesus is God in it.

Lastly I just want to show something about the Quran. In the Quran it says that if you have questions go to the people of the book( Jews and Christians.) It also says that the followers of Jesus would last to the end of days. You can claim that this means muslims, but we have historical proof that there were no Muslims in the time of Christ. The Quran also says that followers of Jesus would become powerful soon after which only happened when Constantine converted.

Quran says Jesus never claimed Godhood
Roman historians, First century Rabbinical sources, Temple Authorities, Christian Gospels, Early Church Fathers( Students and prot"g"es of original 12), Early Christian Traditions, the Didache, and even the Talmud state that Jesus claimed to be God. Who do I believe History or a book written by a desert man? I'll take history.

We have over 30,000 copies of manuscripts that all say the same thing. The preservation of scripture can be traced back to Jesus himself. We also have quotes from early Christians and Church Fathers who quote directly and precisely from the Bible we have today. We also have the Magdalen Papyrus which many historians believe is a section of Mathews ORIGINAL Gospel. And guess what, it matches perfectly. We have so many identical manuscripts through history that are identical that it makes the couple versions of the Quran look pretty wimpy. As for the OT, the Dead Sea scrolls matched up PERFECTLY with our Bibles today. There are actually much more evidence that the Quran has been corrupted then the Bible has.

Thanks and back to you

Oh, I couldn't stop laughing when you said that the Quran contradicts itself!! You can't even see the contradictions in your book! How do you know that the Quran contradicts itself?!
I may mention some of the contradiction in my comments.

About Prophet Abraham,
Firstly, Abraham and Sarah were cousin. There was a prophet whom I don't know how to spell his name (it's something like Lahouge). He had two daughters. The first daughter married Abraham's uncle and gave birth to Sarah. And the second one married the Abraham's father and she gave birth to Abraham. So they were cousin. Of course the Sarah's mother married Haman before marrying her father. And Lot was the fruit of this marriage. So Lot was the step-brother of Sarah and the nephiew of Abraham. [1] It's so simple! And it is not written in the era of Abraham incestuous marriages"were allowed.

You can read this too:

Secondly, Cain had to marry his sister, because there was no other woman in the earth and no other way for man to survive! Some say that he married a heavenly woman. But it's not true because the as Quran says, all mankind are from Adam and Eve, not heavenly women.
"O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women." (4:1)

Thirdly, I have also a question and first I seek refuge from Allah for saying such things.
The Bible says, "No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the"Lord, not even in the tenth generation." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

So according to above verse most of the Prophets shouldn't enter the congregation of God,
- Prophet David and his forefathers should enter the God's assembly. Because David is the tenth descendant of Perez. [2] and Perez is the illegitimate child [3].
- So Prophet Solomon and Jesus shouldn't enter as well. Because they are the descendants of David.
- Also, Prophet Isaac, Jacob, Joseph and his descendants shouldn't enter God's assembly. Because as the Bible says, Abraham married his step-sister and marrying step-sister is forbidden. [4]
- Prophet Moses and Aaron shouldn't enter too. Because their father married his aunt and it is forbidden! [5]

Wow! What a pure generation! :) That's why Christians commit immoralities nowadays. When they believe in such pure prophets, we shouldn't expect them act better than this.
As the Bible says, most prophets were the fruit of forbidden marraige or their descendants (Maadhallah). So how did they entered the God's assembly?! The only answer you can give for this question is what you wrote about Mosaic laws.

Are you sure the Gospel of Barnabas was written in 16th century? So what was the Gospel rejected by Pope Gelasius [Pope of Rome 492-96]? Or the Gospel which was written more than 1500 years ago? [6] Or the Gospel which was accepted as a Canonical Gospel in the Churches of Alexandria till 325 A.D?

You must research how this Gospel was survived. Maybe it was a miracle! I can't type anymore. I will explain about what you wrote about the Quran in my comments.

[1] Al-Kafi, Volume 8, Page. 370
[2] Matthew 1
[3] Genesis 38
[4] Genesis 11:29
[5] Exodus 6:20

I couldn't stop laughing when you said I can't see the contradictions in my own book considering I've answered all the supposed contradictions you've posted with ease:)

You want to see some errors in your book well here you go honey.
- Surah 17:1 says that Allah took Muhammed to the Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem, but we know for a fact that Islamic
Armies took Jerusalem and butchered it in 637( The Crusades were a counterattack to this), but the mosque was completed in 705. The problem is that Muhammed died in 632.

Surah 20:92-95 says that there were Samaritans at mount Sinai. Now the problem with this is that Assyria conquered the Nothern Kingdom who brought in Foreigners who then intermarried with the lower class Jews who were allowed to stay. Their offspring a were called Samaritans based on the land which they lived called Samaria. The golden calf incident mentioned in this chapter took place at Mt. Sinai in 1446 BC which was 700 years before the first Samaritan was born.

These are just 2 examples, but I've got dozens more if your interested.

As for the whole Abraham married his sister thing well I'll admit that I don't study the OT much, but I'll remind you that marrying relatives was allowable until the Law of Moses. Muslims would agree that many things were allowed until the law and this is one of them. If you can show me one bible verse BEFORE ABRAHAM that it was wrong then I'll listen, but until then your statement is moot.

I also find it funny how you say it was okay for Cain to marry his sister because nobody else was available. So by your own standing you say it was always a sin but for Cain you say it was a necessary sin to commit........ Ok then.

It also seems you really butchered Deuteronomy 23:2. You said that David was the tenth when he was actually the 9th of Judah and Perez( Gen 38:24-30, Ruth 4:18,) and was therefore allowed in the assembly.

Solomon wasn't a bastard child!!! The bastard child was the one who was born to the wife of Uriah and David who died. God then forgave David and allowed him to marry her. That is when Solomon was born and he wasn't a illegitimate child.

"That's why Christians commit immoralities nowadays"- Wow. Christians are some of the most moral people in the world I'll let you know. And people who beat there own wives and blow themselves up for Allah are moral? Lets be serious, either Allah wanted terrorism or he was to stupid to realize that his religion would turn so bloody. :) honestly though don't judge is for immoralities when Islam is at the lowest point :)

Julia we know for a Historical Fact that the Gospel of Barnabas is relatively modern. Please stop kidding yourself. Even the Muslim scholars admit this :) As for these gospels cast aside you do realize that the Bible itself says that people were making false manuscripts and gospels at its time. Thankfully God preserved his words through the Textus Receptus and told us he would. It goes the same with Islam when the Caliphs burned all the Qurans that didn't agree with theirs.

Back to you Julia

Can I ask you a question? Do you even read the Quran or at least the verses which you want to quote?
Allah says, "Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs." (17:1)

This verse is about the Heavenly Ascension to heavens. Why do you talk about armies and the Crusades?
One night, When Muhammad was in the Sacred Mosque, Gabriel came to him and they both traveled to Jerusalem at night. When they arrived, the spiritual journey of Muhammad began and he ascended to heavens.
"One"of soundness."And"he rose to"his true"form. While he was in the higher part of the horizon. Then he approached and descended. And was at a distance of two bow lengths or nearer. And he revealed to His Servant what he revealed." (53:6-10)

In 17:1 Allah said that He wanted to show Muhammad of His signs. And this verse confirms it:
"He certainly saw of the greatest signs of his Lord." (53:15)

He ascended to heavens from Masjid al-Aqsa, and met prophets, saw Paradise and hell and talked to angels and Allah

And about Prophet Moses,
"And We made an appointment with Moses for thirty nights and perfected them by the addition of ten; so the term of his Lord was completed as forty nights. And Moses said to his brother Aaron, 'Take my place among my people, do right [by them], and do not follow the way of the corrupters.'" (7:142)

When Moses went to the appointment to receive the tablets, Allah tested the Israelities.
"But indeed, We have tried your people after you departed, and the Samiri has led them astray." (20:85)

"And he extracted for them the statue of a calf which had a lowing sound, and they said, 'This is your god and the god of Moses, but he forgot." (20:88)

When Moses came, he saw that the Israelities were worshipping the calf. The verses you mentioned are about the conversation of Moses and Aaron.
"Moses said, 'O Aaron, what prevented you, when you saw them going astray from following me? Then have you disobeyed my order?' Aaron said, 'O son of my mother, do not seize me by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, 'You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe or await my word.' Moses said, "And what is your case, O Samiri?" He said, 'I saw what they did not see, so I took a handful of dust from the track of the messenger and threw it, and thus did my soul entice me." (20:92-96)

You can read this story in the Bible. But it says Aaron made that calf (Exodus 32)

We can't conclude that incestuous marriages were allowed until the time of Moses. It's been said only in regards to Adam's children, based on a report, that since incestuous marriage was not prohibited in the time of Adam and there was no way for the man's offspring to survive, therefore Cain and Abel married their twin sisters. It was after these marriages that God forbade marriage of a man to his sister.

I never said that Incestuous marriage has been always a sin. Because it's not a Takwini law. The One who forbids some immoralities can make them lawful under some circumstances.
For example, a woman is not allowed to talk to a strange man too much, especially in a place where they are alone and the third one is Satan.
"If you fear Allah, then do not be soft in speech to men, lest he in whose heart is disease should covet, but speak with appropriate speech." (33:32)

But Islam allowes a female teacher to teach her male students. And we can't say she is sinning.

Or a man is not allowed to touch a strange woman. But Islam allowes a male doctor under some circumstances to touch a woman to cure her if it's really necessary.
Incestuous marriage cause corruption and spreads immorality among people. That's why it"s forbidden. But only a few people lived that time! So it didn't cause corruption! After Abel and Cain married their sisters, their children became the cousins of one another. So Able's children could marry Cain's children.
Posted by Julia5678 1 year ago
"Allah wants to accept your repentance, but those who follow their passions want you to digress into a great deviation." (4:27)

"O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear Book." (5:15)
Posted by Julia5678 1 year ago
In this debate we were supposed to discuss on Prophet Muhammad in the Bible and we talked about everything but this! You need to learn more about the Bible. You shouldn't quote the Bible to prove your faith. Because most parts of the Bible are illogical and nonsense. You shouldn't trust Christian scholars. It is too hard to find a Christian scholar who admits that the Bible is corrupted. They just twist lies and quote other verses to make an excuse and interpret the Bible as they want to deceive you. When you find a contradiction, they say thatthe meaning of this word is different in Greek version and it has benn mistranslated! They just know how to make excuses! If you seek the Truth and want to find the Straight Path, you have to use reason. The history of the Bible doesn't prove you that the Bible is authentic. Your enemies are wiser than you. They know how to deceive you and hide the truth from you...
Posted by Julia5678 1 year ago
And how do you know that there were no Muslim in the era of Jesus?
Jesus himself was Muslim, his disciples were Muslim and his true Muslim followers were superior to the disbelievers,

"Mention when Allah said, 'O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ." (3:55)

The concept of submission to God has thus been described as the core of the religion and the gist of faith. Islam is a special title given to the eternal Divine Religion - the Message of Prophet Muhammad - and as a general title for the calls of all the prophets.
Since all the prophets called for monotheism and invited mankind to worship Allah alone and liberate themselves from servitude to others, Islam is thus a general title for their calls.
Posted by Julia5678 1 year ago
Now I understand what my friend meant about writing the whole chapter! It may cause misunderstanding. Do you know what this verse is about?

"And We sent not before you, [O Muhammad], except men to whom We revealed the message, so ask the people of the message if you do not know." (21:7)

Please read four verses before this one.

"With their hearts distracted. And those who do wrong conceal their private conversation, [saying], 'Is this [Prophet] except a human being like you?'! (21:3)

Those who disbelieved in Muhammad said to others, "Muhammad is just a human like you. How can you believe that he is a prophet?"

Then Allah revealed this verse to tell them that all former Prophets who came to the Israelities were humans too.

"Ask the people of the message if you do not know."

It means, "if you don't know that the former prophets were humans too, you can ask the people of the Scripture."

"Say, 'I am only a man like you, to whom has been revealed that your god is one God. So whoever would hope for the meeting with his Lord - let him do righteous work and not associate in the worship of his Lord anyone." (18:110
Posted by waterscalming 1 year ago
18 ""Do not take your wife"s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 ""Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 ""Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor"s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 ""Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 ""Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 ""Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 ""Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 ""Everyone who does any of these detestable things"such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.""
Posted by waterscalming 1 year ago
Unlawful Sexual Relations

18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: "I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 ""No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

7 ""Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 ""Do not have sexual relations with your father"s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 ""Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father"s daughter or your mother"s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 ""Do not have sexual relations with your son"s daughter or your daughter"s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 ""Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father"s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 ""Do not have sexual relations with your father"s sister; she is your father"s close relative.

13 ""Do not have sexual relations with your mother"s sister, because she is your mother"s close relative.

14 ""Do not dishonor your father"s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 ""Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son"s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 ""Do not have sexual relations with your brother"s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 ""Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son"s daughter or her daughter"s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
Posted by waterscalming 1 year ago
17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. 18 Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation."

19 Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.

20 God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. 21 While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt.

The Treaty at Beersheba

22 At that time Abimelek and Phicol the commander of his forces said to Abraham, "God is with you in everything you do. 23 Now swear to me here before God that you will not deal falsely with me or my children or my descendants. Show to me and the country where you now reside as a foreigner the same kindness I have shown to you."

24 Abraham said, "I swear it."

25 Then Abraham complained to Abimelek about a well of water that Abimelek"s servants had seized. 26 But Abimelek said, "I don"t know who has done this. You did not tell me, and I heard about it only today."

27 So Abraham brought sheep and cattle and gave them to Abimelek, and the two men made a treaty. 28 Abraham set apart seven ewe lambs from the flock, 29 and Abimelek asked Abraham, "What is the meaning of these seven ewe lambs you have set apart by themselves?"

30 He replied, "Accept these seven lambs from my hand as a witness that I dug this well."

31 So that place was called Beersheba,[d] because the two men swore an oath there.

32 After the treaty had been made at Beersheba, Abimelek and Phicol the commander of his forces returned to the land of the Philistines. 33 Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the Lord, the Eternal God. 34 And Abraham stayed in the land of the Philistines for a long time.
Posted by waterscalming 1 year ago
The Birth of Isaac

21 Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. 2 Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. 3 Abraham gave the name Isaac[a] to the son Sarah bore him. 4 When his son Isaac was eight days old, Abraham circumcised him, as God commanded him. 5 Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him.

6 Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." 7 And she added, "Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his old age."

Hagar and Ishmael Sent Away

8 The child grew and was weaned, and on the day Isaac was weaned Abraham held a great feast. 9 But Sarah saw that the son whom Hagar the Egyptian had borne to Abraham was mocking, 10 and she said to Abraham, "Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that woman"s son will never share in the inheritance with my son Isaac."
11 The matter distressed Abraham greatly because it concerned his son. 12 But God said to him, "Do not be so distressed about the boy and your slave woman. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring[b] will be reckoned. 13 I will make the son of the slave into a nation also, because he is your offspring."

14 Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the Desert of Beersheba.

15 When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. 16 Then she went off and sat down about a bowshot away, for she thought, "I cannot watch the boy die." And as she sat there, she[c] began to sob.
Posted by waterscalming 1 year ago
28 So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern and sold him for twenty shekels[b] of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took him to Egypt.

29 When Reuben returned to the cistern and saw that Joseph was not there, he tore his clothes. 30 He went back to his brothers and said, "The boy isn"t there! Where can I turn now?"

31 Then they got Joseph"s robe, slaughtered a goat and dipped the robe in the blood. 32 They took the ornate robe back to their father and said, "We found this. Examine it to see whether it is your son"s robe."

33 He recognized it and said, "It is my son"s robe! Some ferocious animal has devoured him. Joseph has surely been torn to pieces."

34 Then Jacob tore his clothes, put on sackcloth and mourned for his son many days. 35 All his sons and daughters came to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted. "No," he said, "I will continue to mourn until I join my son in the grave." So his father wept for him.

36 Meanwhile, the Midianites[c] sold Joseph in Egypt to Potiphar, one of Pharaoh"s officials, the captain of the guard.
Posted by waterscalming 1 year ago
14 So he said to him, "Go and see if all is well with your brothers and with the flocks, and bring word back to me." Then he sent him off from the Valley of Hebron.

When Joseph arrived at Shechem, 15 a man found him wandering around in the fields and asked him, "What are you looking for?"

16 He replied, "I"m looking for my brothers. Can you tell me where they are grazing their flocks?"

17 "They have moved on from here," the man answered. "I heard them say, "Let"s go to Dothan.""

So Joseph went after his brothers and found them near Dothan. 18 But they saw him in the distance, and before he reached them, they plotted to kill him.

19 "Here comes that dreamer!" they said to each other. 20 "Come now, let"s kill him and throw him into one of these cisterns and say that a ferocious animal devoured him. Then we"ll see what comes of his dreams."

21 When Reuben heard this, he tried to rescue him from their hands. "Let"s not take his life," he said. 22 "Don"t shed any blood. Throw him into this cistern here in the wilderness, but don"t lay a hand on him." Reuben said this to rescue him from them and take him back to his father.

23 So when Joseph came to his brothers, they stripped him of his robe"the ornate robe he was wearing" 24 and they took him and threw him into the cistern. The cistern was empty; there was no water in it.

25 As they sat down to eat their meal, they looked up and saw a caravan of Ishmaelites coming from Gilead. Their camels were loaded with spices, balm and myrrh, and they were on their way to take them down to Egypt.

26 Judah said to his brothers, "What will we gain if we kill our brother and cover up his blood? 27 Come, let"s sell him to the Ishmaelites and not lay our hands on him; after all, he is our brother, our own flesh and blood." His brothers agreed.
Vote Placed by HardRockHallelujah 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Non of the passages she bought up are even related to Muhammad, she rips them totally out of context. I really wonder if Julia actually believes the nonsense she is preaching to us.