heywil2
Kescarte_DeJudica

Multiple Turtles V.S. Racoon

Started: 4/30/2016 Category: Funny

heywil2

Pro

I like turtles. Turtles are strong and can defeat raccoons.
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

I accept this debate on the matter of multiple turtles versus raccoons. My position is raccoons are superior to turtles, especially concerning survival instincts.

To start, I will argue the remarks stated in Round One. I think the statement that turtles are strong enough to "defeat" raccoons is absurd. They are much too slow to accomplish that task. Besides, why would turtles try and fight with a raccoon? What possible motivation would they have? And when have turtles ever teamed up anyway?
heywil2

Pro

I am saying that, sometimes,(rarely but possible) turtles move around in a pack. Also, it is known on many websites(if you search up on google for example) that when hungry, raccoons will go almost after anything, including turtles.
As a counterattack, turtles are actually not that slow. In water, they an go swim up to amazing speeds of 20 (sometimes30) miles per hour (https://www.google.com...) .
On land, they can go up to 5 miles per hour.
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

Even though turtles do travel in packs, does that mean that they will defend each other if one is attacked? If a raccoon jumped from a tree on top of a turtle wouldn't the more likely scenario be for the other turtles to attempt an escape, or curl up in there shells away from danger? And even if turtles are fast enough to keep up with a raccoon, they certainly can't climb trees, which a raccoon can do quite well. I'm afraid that, for the turtle, such a situation appears very bleak.
heywil2

Pro

Wrong! Turtles in packs are usually very defensive of each other, and since the pack is usually a family of turtles, turtles are usually going to protect one another. Next, as a counterattack, I know from personal experience and research that raccoons usually don't know how to swim as fast as turtles, and turtles actually have very sharp teeth and claws. Not only that, but turtles have been known to purposely drown predators that attack. Plus, the turtles have amazing strength, and have shells!
Kescarte_DeJudica

Con

For my last argument, I would like to say that although turtles may be very defensive of one another, the chance that they will drown a raccoon is extremely unlikely. A raccoon will not chase a pack of turtles into the water no matter how hungry it is. And I believe Pro is mistaken when he talks about turtles in packs being a "family". Turtles, like alligators, lay their eggs and leave. When the babies hatch, they fend for themselves and never know their parents. That is why the eggs are buried.
Posted by whiteflame 8 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: princearchitect// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments), 2 points to Pro (Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Slight edge to Con they both had pretty good conduct so that is a tie, they both had good spelling and grammar so that is a tie. Con had more convincing arguments but Pro used the only source in the debate. So source goes to Pro.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter merely restates the decision without explaining it. (2) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to assess their quality and not merely their quantity, even if only one side presents a source.
************************************************************************
Posted by heywil2 1 year ago
heywil2
Good! Wanna be friends?!
Posted by Kescarte_DeJudica 1 year ago
Kescarte_DeJudica
Since I did not have space in the debate, I would like to thank my opponent here in the comments section for an interesting debate. I would also like to thank DDO for hosting the debate. As you might imagine, I certainly learned a good deal about turtles! :)
Posted by heywil2 1 year ago
heywil2
I LIKE TURTLES AND TRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! !
Yay!