Cometflash
The_Master_Riddler

Multiplication and division are opposites

Cometflash

Cometflash

Con

Rules:

1- Present a proof that they are the opposite, (or not the opposite (my role) ). Or come out with a better argument than your opponent.

2- Keep it simple.

3- You must explain yourself, why it is so in words as well, and not just in mathematical statements.

4- PRO must start the first round with his argument (first round is not just for acceptance).

5- One can rebut others argument at any time. However, you must present a reason in why, and not just answer with "irrelevant".

6- There should be no sources of any kind. You are allowed to research and even present what you find, but you must understand and agreed upon this source, and be ready to answer the logic in such of findings. By presenting outside sources, this will be seen as your own, and you will be expected to defend as such.

7- The last round of this debate is for rebut only, and no new arguments are allowed. Voters should disregard any arguments on the last round, and if such is detected a point of conduct should be granted to the opposite side, unless both sides breaks this rule.

If you agreed upon those rules, you may accept this debate at any time and present your argument(s).
Please, try not to forfeit your round, if you expect not to have time to present your argument soon enough, reply to the comment section saying so, and even if I have my argument ready, I would be glad to withhold for a later time, in order to give you more time to get prepare.
Thank you!

___
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

4x0=0

4/0=undefined
Cometflash

Con

I guess my opponent completely ignore the rules.

Not only is he not following the rules, but it seems he is taking the CON side of the resolution, which I'm representing.

This is very unfortunately.

If there is anyone that would like to take this truly serious, please send me a message, and I'll challenge you using this very format.

If PRO is really serious about what he just posted, I like him to explain, how exactly his equation proves that multiplication and division are the opposite.
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

I am sorry for not reading the rules fully; that was my fault.

I also accidentally thought you were saying that they are different.
My apologies for being rude.

Anyways, multiplication is the inverse operation of division. Just like addition is the inverse of subtraction.
I am sorry for messing up this debate.

Vote Con!

Cometflash

Con

You apologies are accepted.

I would rather have this debate cancel, but it might not be possibly so.

I would ask you to quickly reply with "..." the remaining rounds, and I will do the same.

I might re-post this debate later on when I have time, and maybe have an actual debate about this subject.
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

Thanks. I wish I read the rules entirely. Vote Con!
Cometflash

Con

Three dots....
The_Master_Riddler

Pro

You know what, Vote Tie. This was a giannt epic fail, but please vote tie.
Posted by truthseeker613 4 years ago
truthseeker613
You can ask airmax or a ddo mod. to have the debate removed.

You can also reinstate the debate.
Posted by Cometflash 4 years ago
Cometflash
Also the reason my resolution is as it is, is because that is the notion most seem to have.
Posted by Cometflash 4 years ago
Cometflash
I don't really care to win, I care to debate, so if for whatever reason I'm to "lose" this debate (which is not really a debate), I'll be totally OK with it.

He did not only got confused, he also did not follow the rules, if one who starts a debate should not take CON, such of option should not exist.

Like I explain, I would rather have this debate erased, since is not really a debate.
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
In this case, you may as well, each of you, post, "Vote tie," for the whole of your future posts. It gets the debate over quickly, and the voters are likely to honor such a request. Everybody leaves on good terms.
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
Any time you instigate a debate as Con, you are going to confuse people. So, in those cases where you need to do that (cases where you want to set up the debate but you want the other person to argue first) you should labor the point. Make it really clear.

One way to do this is to make fair rules about the inverted roles: Firstguy only challenges in round one, but Secondguy gets to argue then. Secondguy does not get to argue in the final round, because otherwise he'd be arguing both first and last.

Most people who read thru that will figure out that Secondguy is Pro. This reduces the number of times someone will accept one of your debates while thinking he's going to argue opposite from the way you expected.

Also, it helps---particularly in an inverted debate---to end your posts with "Vote Pro" or "Vote Con." This keeps the readers oriented. And it keeps you oriented too.

If Secondguy isn't to argue first, Firstguy shouldn't call himself "Con." He should rephrase the resolution so that he becomes "Pro."
Posted by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
Oh. That was an accident. I didn't mean to do what I did.
Posted by 1Historygenius 4 years ago
1Historygenius
Unless you counter your opponent in the next rounds, you basically lost for bad conduct.
The_Master_Riddler
How?
Posted by 1Historygenius 4 years ago
1Historygenius
Con won the debate.
Vote Placed by GorefordMaximillion 4 years ago
GorefordMaximillion
CometflashThe_Master_RiddlerTied
Reasons for voting decision: See debate.
Vote Placed by Clash 4 years ago
Clash
CometflashThe_Master_RiddlerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro basically conceded.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
CometflashThe_Master_RiddlerTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO failed to follow the rules, and forfeited the debate.
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
CometflashThe_Master_RiddlerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Args to con since pro negated the res for him and conduct to con for pro messing it up and then saying to vote tie at the end.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
CometflashThe_Master_RiddlerTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro did completely ignore the rules which is a huge violation of conduct. thats all the points I can give though sicne there werent any real argument, sourcing, or gap in grammar...