anthonyluvsband
wierdman

Multitasking

wierdman

anthonyluvsband

Con

I believe multitasking will mostly do more harm instead of good. People who multitasks something minor like finishing a midterm paper, listening to music, and reading this argument. Sure the paper will be completed, but I doubt they will remember what they just read or what music they just listened to.
However, they may multitask something major like driving on a freeway and texting on their phones. They may get the text sent but there is a chance of hitting a car that just merged on to your lane. Therefore, people should try not to multitask.
wierdman

Pro

I thank My opponent for this interesting topic. To begin I would like to point out that my opponent did not properly frame the round in a way that we can both understand our roles and position in the debate. With this said, i will then assume that my opponent wants me to find positive examples of multitasking. let the Rounds begin :D

```````````````While my opponent brings up incredibly good points on the negative effects of multi-tasking, he fails to realize that the same multitasking has been the cause of major breakthroughs. In today's society where technology has become the norm, we find that multitasking has become an absolute must. "Modern multi-tasking in the world of technology is actually good for your brain because it trains you to use more senses" (1). This is to say that individuals who multi-task are more likely to cope with the constant constant innovation that comes with technology. Recent studies by graduate student Kelvin Lui and Alan Wong, Ph.D., from The Chinese University of Hong Kong "shows that individuals who frequently use different types of media at the same time appear to be better at integrating information from multiple senses " sound and sight, for instance."(2) So we can clearly see that multitasking is indeed an essential skill in today's society.,

``````````````Even more shocking than the above argument, multitasking is an essential skill in workforce. Multi-tasking allows for a worker to keep track of various activities while maintaining organization. In a way, my opponent is arguing that we stop performing a skill that we need in the future. A Harvard business review better exemplifies the importance of multitasking in this little quote..."If I'm painting my house, and I'm on a ladder, I've got to keep on that one task. But if I'm the general contractor, I need to stay on top of the house painter, the carpenter, the electrician, and the guy swinging that big ball on the end of a giant chain." (3)

OTHER REASONS (All copied directly from (3)):
Multitasking keeps you from blocking other people. If you are a committed singletasker, you run the risk of bringing others to a screeching halt while they wait for you to eventually get around to answering their questions so they can complete their own projects. You got your own task done in record time though, so... kudos.

2. Multitasking gives you something to do when you get stuck. Hit a brick wall? Switch projects for a while, then come back to your problem with a fresh perspective.

(1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
(2) http://psychcentral.com...
(3) http://www.cbsnews.com...
anthonyluvsband

Con

anthonyluvsband forfeited this round.
wierdman

Pro

My opponent forfeited without a rebuttal so all arguments made in my previous round still stands.
anthonyluvsband

Con

anthonyluvsband forfeited this round.
wierdman

Pro

wierdman forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
anthonyluvsbandwierdmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: مصادرة