Jamie87
Flipz

Murder is wrong and an evil act

Jamie87

Con

Murder is a horrendous and evil act and no-one should unlawfully take someone's life just like this. So many families have been split apart and so many people have had their lives cut short and died is horrific ways because of people who do these foul deeds.

Murder is one of the worst things a person can do and is rightly illegal across the world. No-one should support murder and we should do all we can to protest against it.
Flipz

Pro

Con affirms the resolution; I’m assuming Pro negates the resolution.

“Murder is a wrong and an evil act” suggests an absolutist position, that murder could never be justified. Merriam-Webster defines “murder” as “the crime of deliberately killing a person.” I will argue that murder can sometimes be justified, as in the case where a person intends deliberately and maliciously maim or kill someone else or a group of people, i.e. a terrorist. Killing a criminal who is an immediate and credible threat should not violate our sense of decency or morality. Murder can sometimes be justified. The resolution is incorrect because “murder is SOMETIMES a wrong and an evil act.”
Jamie87

Con

Jamie87 forfeited this round.
Flipz

Pro

Con forfeits, vote pro
Jamie87

Con

Jamie87 forfeited this round.
Flipz

Pro

Vote for me.
Posted by mendel 2 years ago
mendel
I meant a common mistranslation.
Posted by mendel 2 years ago
mendel
It"s totally beyond me why Jamie just capitulated like that. If you look in the Webster dictionary for the definition of murder you get this "the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought"
There is nothing unlawful about killing a terrorist or the like. those situations would be defined as simply killing "an act of killing someone or something" this is a common transliteration for example the sixth of the ten commandment is don't murder commonly mistranslated as don't kill there is no such commandment the word in Hebrew for killing would be taharog the word the bible uses is tirzach which means murder.
I would even vote for Jamie but since i'm new here i can't, you have to have three debates to vote.
Posted by Dishoungh 2 years ago
Dishoungh
You do know that militants and police officers kill people right? But, I know they do it for the sake of protection. Some murders are right and they are to diminish evil. Never stereotype anything.
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
Also, the actual question of the debate should be clearer. I'm not bashing you, just giving a tip.
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
Can I be Pro-murder in some circumstances?
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
Being Con means you're supposed to negate the resolution, but you appear to affirm the resolution. You should've made yourself Pro.