VoodooChild
Labrat228

Muse: The Best Band Ever!

Labrat228
Started: 11/20/2008 Category: Arts

VoodooChild

Pro

About a year or two ago I was first introduced to Muse and I immediatley began to like them. It was like something that i had never heard before. I loved Muse so much that everytime I wanted to listen to something it just wasn't the same. Everytime I listened to something other than Muse it was uncomparable to Muse and I had to listen to Muse Right away. Muse is made up of Matthew Bellamy (guitarist/vocals), Dominic Howard (Drummer), and Chris Wolstenholme (Bassist/backup vocals).
First I want to start with Chris. Chris is one of the most amazing bassists i ever seen. There are many songs that are very bass oriented like "Hysteria", "Time is Running Out", and "Feeling Good". Without Chris most of Muse's songs would not be the same.
Second, there is Dominic. Also one of the best Drummers I have ever heard play. He can take just about any song and come up with the most complex beat that no one could ever figure out. He has great interdependence of each limb and can play complex beats with ease.
Finally. The great Matt Bellamy. With out a doubt the greatest guitarist of this age. With the fuzz factory solos and the drop D hard rock riffs at the end of songs he is one of the greatest. He can play anything he wants to play. Great guitar parts like "Plug In Baby", the galloping of horses on "Knights of Cydonia" and wicked solos on "New Born" and "Hysteria".
All the three of these guys are the best of the best and they make up a great team and most likely the best band ever with a combination of hard rock riffs, bass grooves, and complex drum beats.
Good luck to whoever challenges me and may the best man win.
Labrat228

Con

Hello and welcome to debate.org VoodooChild.
The Title/Topic of this debate is: Muse: The Best Band Ever!
The title suggest the Resolution to be:
(For Pro) "No other band is, or has ever been better than Muse"
(For Con) "Their has been or, are currently better bands than Muse"
To win this debate I will use a very simple argument.

1) The following bands are better than Muse:
1. The Police - Best known for their amazing live performances, The Police quickly became a huge hit.
2. The Cure - Best known for originality and the ability to create any mood.
3. The Beatles - Best known for changing the evolution of music, and are international superstars.
4. The Rolling Stones - Best known for their Title: "Best Rock And Roll Band Of All Time"
5. Led Zeppelin - Best known for dominating the rock world of the 70's
6. The Who - Best known for being the masters of concept album.
7. The Beach Boys - Best known for putting you in a good mood.
8. AC/DC - Best known for being back in black.
9. Elvis Presley - Best known for setting the hearts of the lady's on fire... And modern day conspiracy.
10. Queen - Best known for... Bohemian Rhapsody
VoodooChild

Pro

I would just like to say thank you for accepting the challenge.
There is no doubt in my mind that all of those bands are fantastic, but Muse set the style for this age and they have been where no other band has been before.
1. Muse has the most exciting live show out of anybody I have ever seen before. Their performance is awesome and the fans go nuts. They were awarded with "The Best Live Act" in 2005 the BRIT awards.
2. Muse has their own sense of originality by just jamming on an amazing drop d hard rock riffs after a song. Also Matt always has something special for the crowd that he has never done before, For example, a fuzz factory solo like no one has ever heard before in "Supermassize Black Hole" in the performance at Wembley in 2007.
3. Muse has sold out concerts in 4 continents including the United States. And they have the biggest show up to date two nights in a row at Wembley Stadium in Europe. If you are still not satisfied with Muse's Globilization then just give them a few more years and they'll be just as big as The Beatles.
4. Muse has been awarded Best Live act Ten times in the past 5 years. They also won the best International Live Performance in 2005 and 2008.
5. Muse Owns the rock world today.
Labrat228

Con

No problem, that's what I'm here for!
"Muse set the style for this age", this is a totally opinion based argument of which, is totally false. My opponent must realize that he is debating that they are the best *ever. Even if they did set the style for this age, they wouldn't be playing the way they do if the bands I listed didn't exist. Therefor, those bands are much better. Muse hasn't changed the way bands all over the world play, the Beatles did.
1) I refute with this
Brit Awards 2008 - Winners List
British Live Act: Take That
Critics' Choice: ADELE
British Breakthrough Act: Mika
International Male Solo Artist: Kayne West
British Male Solo Artist: Mark Ronson
International Female Solo Artist: Kylie
International Group: Foo Fighters
British Female Solo Artist: Kate Nash
International Album: Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
British Group: Arctic Monkeys
British Single: Take That - Shine
British Album: Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Outstanding Contribution To Music: Paul McCartney

*Note - Muse is not on this list (Didn't win anything), but was nominated (Was beat)

2) Opinion based

3) Muse will never be as big as the Beatles, by the way, the Beatles did much better than Muse in globalization.

4) Irrelevance, such awards were very scarce when the Beatles were making history.

5) Total Opinion.
VoodooChild

Pro

Yes in fact this is an opinionated debate most debates on this website are opinionated.
I would just like to say
Yes Muse was nominated for all those things but they did in fact win the Best Live Act 9 times. And they won the best international live performance. Not just nominated they won them.
Muse may not be changing the way people play today but they are certainly taking music to a whole new level.
Also Muse is still playing and selling out concerts everywhere. They have a lot of time left in their career and they will most likey be as big as The Beatles one day.
If such awards weren't out back then then how do you know the beatles were the best. Also i doubt the beatles could have a best live act award. Don't get me wrong they are good but they just don't move around and rock like Muse does.
Thank for your time and may the best man win.
Good luck to you.
Labrat228

Con

"Yes in fact this is an opinionated debate most debates on this website are opinionated."
- Thankfully we live in a world where fact trumps opinion. The fact in this debate is, you are trying to say that Muse is the best band ever, that includes history. The bands I presented before, have either changed the course of music, or have presented art of music with much talent, more talent than Muse.

"They have a lot of time left in their career and they will most likey be as big as The Beatles one day."
- My opponent admits that The Beatles are currently larger than Muse, hurting his argument "Muse is the best ever".

1) My opponent has failed to prove that "Muse is the best ever"
2) He admitted that The Beatles are currently better
3) He admitted his debate was based on opinion. Mine was based on the evolution of music.
4) He failed to prove that Muse was better than the 10 bands I presented, which should end the debate.
5) I have shown through proper grammar and a fact based debate, that Muse is not the best band "Ever"
6) Vote Con
Posted by VoodooChild 5 years ago
VoodooChild
BOOOOYAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! He got your asss La Brat!
Posted by ambrotose 6 years ago
ambrotose
i have to say that the beatles are way overrated and the only time any of their music is worth listening to is from the movie across the universe... for example "yellow submarine is possibly the worst song ever written by a famous band and just for producing it they should have been publicly mamed... also on the talent scale john lennon isnt even one iota of the tanlent contained in muses lead singer matthew bellamy... also the who... just look at the last super bowl half-time show... nuff said... overall Labrat228 named a bunch of over-rated untalented band's who got famous for contributing something completely different to a universe that was nearly empty in their genre's... yet in muses environment almost every music type has already been invented so there really is not room for anything new. and finally muse may not be the way they are today without those bands labrat listed yet it does "EVERYTHING" better than the way they did it. Labrat you won by naming some random facts and acting like you knew all by naming some of the most famous band of all time. people evaluate more than just the surface of what people say and you just might not be fooled by people throwing out facts that dont prove anything.
Posted by aurora1616 8 years ago
aurora1616
wow
Posted by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
I just challenged you to a debate about my current win ratio.
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
I am thinking that.
Posted by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
Ok, you think that.
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
You guys are idiots. and no one is talking to you knick-knack. The only reason you don't want to prove to anyone that i vote bombed you is because you can't prove it La Brat.
Posted by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
@ VooDoo
I have proof, but I simply don't care anymore, my win ratio went from around 76% to 33% (9:56PM est). My ratio is now past the point of no return due to the vote bombing of individuals of whom I must of done something to insult. Go about your busyness.

@ knick-knack
It's no use, and no, he cant, or he would of done it a long time ago.
Posted by knick-knack 8 years ago
knick-knack
Voodoo can you PROVE that Labrat vote bombed this one?
(Key word here is PROVE)
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
Let me break it down for you Brat. You, as in La Brat, used all your friends, all the people on your friends list, to vote for you, that means pick you to win on this debate, so you would win, thats means you win, you come out on top, victory. You got it. I don't think I can explain any simpler so I hope you can understand this with your 2nd grade education.
Oh and why we are throwing evidence out I want to know why you think that Me, FeatherintheWind, and DrumBum1234 are all the same person. Explain this assumption please. I would really love to hear it.
Vote Placed by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by magpie 8 years ago
magpie
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by bthr004 8 years ago
bthr004
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by jess_ily 8 years ago
jess_ily
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by knick-knack 8 years ago
knick-knack
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by TheSkeptic 8 years ago
TheSkeptic
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied
Vote Placed by mastajake 8 years ago
mastajake
VoodooChildLabrat228Tied