frankfurter50
juli.marie00

Mushrooms are not plants.

juli.marie00 has forfeited round #4.

frankfurter50

Pro

Mushrooms are not plants. They are fungi.
juli.marie00

Con

To say that mushrooms aren't plants would indicate that they don't grow or go through photosynthesis. Yet...they aren't classified as plants or bacteria.
frankfurter50

Pro

According to biological classification, mushrooms belong to the kingdom of fungi. The fungi kingdom is not the animal, plant, bacteria, or protist kingdom. It is a separate kingdom. Fungi include mushrooms, lichens, certain fungal diseases, bizarre slime molds, and others. Mushrooms are not plants. For centuries, they were regarded as such, but as of now, they are completely separate.

I await your next argument.
juli.marie00

Con

It would depend on your definition of a plant. Me personally? I consider anything that grows from the ground a plant....you know, considering they're kinda something that is planted in gardens. Maybe it's just in the south we consider things a little differently.
frankfurter50

Pro

Mushrooms are not plants. Not everything that grows from the ground is a plant. Mushrooms are fungi. They are not vegetables, either, as vegetables can only be plants. It is not that you classify things differently in the south. Biological classifications are a universal law. They cannot vary from one region to another. People in the south, perhaps just do not understand how biological classification operates. This would be a reasonable explanation. Mushrooms are not plants.

I await your next argument.
juli.marie00

Con

Well, do you consider tomato a vegetable? Because it's a fruit. Just because you say something is something, doesn't mean that's what it is. Could you please insert the links for your sources?
frankfurter50

Pro

Oh, right. I shouldn't have used the term "Vegetable". Vegetables are a term invented by man. There is no such thing. Everything produced by a plant is a fruit, because it has seeds in it. The difference between vegetables and fruits is that vegetables aren't sweet and fruits are. But everything is a fruit. It has a seed, it helps to preserve its species. I just meant that mushrooms are generally considered to be "vegetables," even though they can't be since they aren't even a plant. You said earlier that mushrooms are a thing that "grows in gardens." They cannot. They must be grown in a plastic bag filled up with dirt and which has a lot of mycelium in it. Otherwise, mushrooms can only be grown naturally. Thus, they are not even a thing which can be grown in a garden.

This is how it works:

Plants: Fungi:
Vegetables (really fruits), Fruits Mushrooms

They aren't related at all.

I await your next argument.
Posted by frankfurter50 10 months ago
frankfurter50
Yes, I am.
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
Aren't you debating a truism lol.
Posted by frankfurter50 10 months ago
frankfurter50
ok.
Posted by ThinkBig 10 months ago
ThinkBig
Well doh.