untitled_entity
GeoLaureate8

Music Battle: Rapper Edition

untitled_entity

Con

So basically in this debate each side will pick a rapper (living or dead, I'd prefer you be original but if you must pick 'Pac or Biggie I guess I'll understand) and debate on why they think their rapper is more superior. This judgment will be made on four different criteria:

* Voice: What kind of voice does the rapper have? Does it sound ill or has been put through the abuse of black and mild's and way too many blunts? A rapper's voice is just as important as that of any other singer, so is his/her voice something you want to listen to?

* Flow: The way a rapper's lyrics fit to the beat, how well the lyrics fit into the bars, all that sorta stuff. In addition to how confident the rapper seems in his material/execution.

* Lyrics: What a rapper actually says, how original he/she is, all that. Anybody can have really imaginative lyrics but you also have to take in account how well the lyrics fit the beat/background, everything.

* Presence: If you've seen the rapper live, you can include that, but its more of how he/she appears on their tracks. Does it sound superficial? Are they struggling? That kind of thing.

*Holistic Judgment: How well do all of the aforementioned fit together? Does the rapper bring something special when they step to the mic?

I'm leaving this first round for introductions and declaring your rapper. I'm Untitled_Entity, U_E and I choose the rapper known as "Macklemore" for my rapper.
GeoLaureate8

Pro

I thank my opponent for instigating this interesting debate of a face off between two professional rappers.

Rapper of choice: Vinnie Paz. One of the best rappers of the underground. Formerly known as Ikon the Verbal Hologram, an Italian from Philadelphia who is a member of Jedi Mind Tricks and Army of the Pharaohs supergroup.

I look forward to my opponent's opening argument.
untitled_entity

Con

untitled_entity forfeited this round.
GeoLaureate8

Pro

It looks like this will be a 2-Round battle.

I await my opponents first argument.
untitled_entity

Con

untitled_entity forfeited this round.
GeoLaureate8

Pro

My opponent has notified me that she will not be able to participate in this debate and will reinstate at a later date.
untitled_entity

Con

untitled_entity forfeited this round.
GeoLaureate8

Pro

(Extend argument.)
Posted by Paris 4 years ago
Paris
I wish I could have given Pro one conduct point B)
Posted by GeoLaureate8 4 years ago
GeoLaureate8
Been listening to Macklemore. He's got some pretty good stuff.

I know you said you won't do a montage, but if you have Windows Movie Maker, it can be done quickly. Long as you have some mp3's, just select a few songs and drag and drop 'em into the program, then publish.
Posted by untitled_entity 4 years ago
untitled_entity
Probably just going to post a few of his songs. I don't really have the time to put together a montage.
Posted by GeoLaureate8 4 years ago
GeoLaureate8
Ok, cool. Do you plan to make a montage, or just post some of his songs?
Posted by untitled_entity 4 years ago
untitled_entity
I don't see why not.
Posted by GeoLaureate8 4 years ago
GeoLaureate8
Are videos allowed? I was going to make a montage of his best verses into one or two videos.
Posted by feverish 4 years ago
feverish
Yeah totally, I'm not saying my opinion is more valid than anyone elses. I'm just trying to wind up Geo, who got worked up before when I said Canibus was not in my personal top 50 :)
Posted by untitled_entity 4 years ago
untitled_entity
I mean, it's not about who's top 50 and who isn't - it's more of a personal thing, obviously. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel.
Posted by feverish 4 years ago
feverish
Not heard much of Macklemore but from what I have, I'm gonna need a lot of convincing.

Vinnie is pretty dope but still not top 50 for me lol.
Posted by feverish 4 years ago
feverish
Cool.

Anyone wanna do one of these with me in a couple of weeks?