Torton
The-Voice-of-Truth

Music Battle

The-Voice-of-Truth
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 1/31/2016 Category: Music

Torton

Pro

So, I've seen a few of these, and I want to piggyback off them and do one, too. Though, I do want to offer two stipulations of my own:

1) Each song, both by Pro and Con, must contain vocals to some extent. They don't have to be the focus of the song, but they should be there. This is to prevent anything that falls under the blanket term of "classical music," from being posted, whether it's contemporary or not. Any other genre is fair game, however.

2) Only songs that have been released this century (that is, anything from January 1st, 2000 to the present day, including any songs that may become available as this debate is taking place.

It's also encouraged for more independent (read: obscure) music be posted, but it's not at all a requirement. Youtube is preferred for this, but if a song you want isn't available there, if it can be found elsewhere as long as it's publicly accessible, it's acceptable.

Structure of the debate:

R1: Acceptance (and any clarification, if necessary)
R2: Pro and Con post their first song.
R3: Pro and Con post their second song.
R4: Pro and Con post their third song.
R5: Pro and Con post their fourth and final song.

Rules:

1) No forfeits
2) Songs must be ten minutes or less.
3) An artist/band may only be posted once (any group that has reformed under a different name is acceptable; i.e., one may post a Kyuss song one round, and a Queens of the Stone Age song in another)
4) Songs may only be in English (any song that contains only verse or part that is a foreign language, with the rest of the song in English, is an allowed exception)
4) No insults

Any violation of the stipulations and the rules is an automatic loss.

And most of all, have fun!
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

I accept this challenge and the rules, structure, and stipulations of this debate.

Question: If there is a song classified as an "instrumental" of a certain band's song, and it was created by a third-party, but it still has some words in it, can I use that song?
Torton

Pro

Sure.

The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Song: Shadow Moses, Extended Instrumental; By: Bring Me The Horizon.

https://www.youtube.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Song: Are You Satisfied?; By: Reignwolf.

Reignwolf is a very unknown artist. He is somewhat popular in the Northwest U.S (Washington State) and Canada. This is due to his blues-rock style.

https://www.youtube.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Song: Do I Wanna Know?; By: Arctic Monkeys

https://www.youtube.com...;
The-Voice-of-Truth

Con

Song: Ashes of Eden; By: Breaking Benjamin

Posted by famousdebater 9 months ago
famousdebater
Sorry for the brevity of RFD. I wanted to do a bit more detail like I did on Tejretics music battle however I've been really busy. Good job to both of you.
Posted by Torton 10 months ago
Torton
Fair enough.
Posted by famousdebater 10 months ago
famousdebater
Sorry I haven't voted yet, my weeks been really chaotic and busy and I haven't had much time to dedicate to extensive votes. I'll try to get a vote in by the deadline but I won't make any promises.
Posted by Torton 10 months ago
Torton
"His second song, Vietcong, I was not impressed with. It was merely OK."
Awh .It's post-punk. I can understand's not everyone's bag.

"I didn't like his last song though, it was very boring and I couldn't understand what the singer was saying."
Sacrilege.

Thanks for the vote.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 10 months ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Thanks for the vote, Hayd!
Posted by Hayd 10 months ago
Hayd
If, later, both sides come to the agreement that neither side should be awarded points, merely RFDs (as most Music debates are), then PM me and I will change my vote.
Posted by Hayd 10 months ago
Hayd
I was not given a guideline in which to vote on this debate, so I will just vote for the side that overall I enjoyed more. Music taste is subjective, thus someone else's vote on this debate that disagrees with me is equally legitimate, as is my personal opinion. On Pro's side, his first song was awesome, I had never heard of Father John Misty, and I am interested in his music now, it has exposed me to new material. His second song, Vietcong, I was not impressed with. It was merely OK. I loved Pro's third song, the Swamp Thing. The piano was awesome, and so were the vocals, very groovy. I didn't like his last song though, it was very boring and I couldn't understand what the singer was saying. On Con's side, I loved the beginning of the first song, but then when the singer came in, it was terrible. I don't do hardcore rock. Con's second song was a little better than the first, but still didn't like it. Con's third song was awesome, straight up awesome, love the Arctic Monkeys. The beat is awesome, and the lyrics are all awesome. Con's third song is alright. The beat is pretty good (the guitar), but I don't like the singer's voice. The orchestra background is pretty good as well, but in the end its merely OK.

Pro's 1st and 3rd song were awesome, but compared to Con's alright 4th song and awesome 3rd song, Pro wins.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Cool, thanks Famous!
Posted by famousdebater 10 months ago
famousdebater
I will have a vote up by tomorrow.
The-Voice-of-Truth
I am. Will check them out. Thanks!
Vote Placed by famousdebater 9 months ago
famousdebater
TortonThe-Voice-of-Truth
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Well, I have no idea how the standards work on music battles and I was gonna write a long RFD for this but I don't have the time to do so. All I'll say is that I thoroughly enjoyed this music battle however I have to vote Con based on the fact that Con's music was by people that I knew more and I like more (personally). I agree that the decision here is completely subjective and I totally understand why somebody would disagree with me however I like the Arctic Monkeys and Breaking Benjamin song a lot whereas Pro's music just seemed to be less notable and catchy in comparison to the music that con posted. With that said I enjoyed all music produced by both Pro and Con however because Con's songs were more catchy and were by people that I know and that I like, I have to vote for him based on these grounds. You both did a great job and I really enjoy these kinds of debates.
Vote Placed by lannan13 10 months ago
lannan13
TortonThe-Voice-of-Truth
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: The only song I new was the Ashes of Eden, I have to vote Con on those grounds.
Vote Placed by Hayd 10 months ago
Hayd
TortonThe-Voice-of-Truth
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments