PatriotPerson
GodChoosesLife

Music Battle!

GodChoosesLife
Started: 2/10/2014 Category: Music

PatriotPerson

Pro

You choose three band/artists. My three will be:
1. Fun.
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
3. Imagine Dragons

Each round we post three songs (videos), one from each of our chosen artists. We also describe why they are good songs and what the meanings are. Your artists need to be of different genres, as mine are:
1. Fun.: Indie Pop
2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: Hip-Hop
3. Imagine Dragons: Rock/Alternative

First round is for acceptance.
GodChoosesLife

Con

I accept! Thank you! This is going to be fun!
PatriotPerson

Pro

Con was supposed to state who her artists were, but it's okay, she can do that next round!

1. Some Nights by Fun.

2. Ten Thousand Hours by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

3. My Fault by Imagine Dragons
_________________________________________
Why they are good and/or meaningful:
Some Nights: About the Civil War. You can clearly see so in the music video. This is meaningful because it is about the bloodiest war in American history, a time of extreme sadness and separation. The speaker in the song also addresses family issues and his own suffering.

Ten Thousand Hours: Tells that good will come when you work hard, and you won't get anything good if you slack off. One of the best lines from this song is "The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great 'cause they paint a lot."

My Fault: Just a really catchy and great song!
GodChoosesLife

Con

Hello and thank you again for this cool debate. Will be fun! Interesting songs you chose too. Thank you.

The three artists I am choosing for this debate is; Shai Linne, David Crowder's Band and Mariah Carey ( and possibly people featuring)

Shai Linne: Faithful God

The reason I chose this song is because when I think about life and people I encounter; I cannot trust or rely on others because they will fail me, but God is always there and He is in fact Faithful even if we think at times He is not listening or there. He chooses to save, to do and to be there.. While we are faithless to each other as people and even to Him in our rebellion.

. David Crowder's Band: How He Loves

The reason I chose this song is because when we feel alone, unloved, unnoticed there is always someone there who in fact does love us! It brings peace to my soul, mind, and heart. Knowing that someone who created me and decided to love me UNCONDITIONALLY! That is so humbling to me!

. Mariah Carey ft. Whitney Houston: When you Believe

I chose this song because when all seems so hard, trialsome, difficult, confusing, fearful; there is always that hope of knowing that with faith I can move a mountain and not have to worry about a thing if I just believe regardless of what happens. Believe in the ONE who is the Hope of everything.

;
PatriotPerson

Pro

1. Sight of the Sun by Fun.

2. Cowboy Boots by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

3. America by Imagine Dragons
______________________________________________

Sight of the Sun: Fun. doesn't really ever do love songs, but if you want one, this is the perfect one. This is obviously very romantic and full of love. The reason why I like it is because it is catchy, has good lyrics, and sounds well.

Cowboy Boots: This is one of Macklemore's slower-paced songs, so if you aren't really into rap, then this should suit well for you. It is very catchy and boosts up cowboy pride.

America: My goodness, I love this song. It is so patriotic. Some great patriotic lines are.
"From the farmers in the fields", giving homage and honor to the men and women that get us food.
"To the tallest of the towers that fall and rise" referencing the attacks on September 11, 2001.
"1-7-7-6 the names upon the list, for all the ones that gave until they died", 1776 is referring to the year we became a free country, and the list is referring to memorials given to our great soldiers.

PatriotPerson fact: 1776 is my favorite number.

GodChoosesLife

Con

I didn't wanna FF ... Hadn't looked anything up yet.. Sorry patriot ..
PatriotPerson

Pro

1. Walking the Dog by Fun. ( ;)

2. Wing$ by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ( ;)

3. Monster by Imagine Dragons ( ;)
___________________________

Walking the Dog: One of Fun.'s catchiest, most upbeat songs. Really defines the name "Fun.". Plus, the music video is so colorful it makes you feel like your eyeballs are being massaged by Jesus.

Wing$: Is a meaningul song, telling you to not spend money on high marketing brands, as that will make you a worse person. Also, Wing$ tells that worrying too much about your physical appearance as that will get you nowhere important or good in life.

Monster: This is just a great song. How can you not love it?
GodChoosesLife

Con

Thank you for those interesting songs! Very nice.

Shai Linne: Lord of Patience

I chose this song because it makes me see how impatient I can be and how impatient others can be to me; but there is someone greater who is always patient even though I don't deserve the least bit of it.

.David Crowder's Band: Because He Lives

I chose this song because well the title pretty much speaks for itself. If Christ didn't live then I would definitely be doomed for hell/God's wrath in full. Would be no hope at all. But because He does live I am able to live too!

.Mariah Carey: Hero

I chose this song because I know who the Hero is in my life. :)

;
PatriotPerson

Pro

1. Why Am I the One by Fun. ( ;)

2. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton ( ;)

3. Demons by Imagine Dragons ( ;)
__________________________________________

Why Am I the One: Not necessarily a happy song, but the lyrics, performance, and instrumentals are just amazing.

Can't Hold Us: Amazingly catchy and motivational. Is a rap song, but its not vulgar at all. Ray Dalton's singing of the chorus makes this song an awesome mash-up.

Demons: A great song with a message that nobody is perfect and everyone does bad things. "Inner demons".
GodChoosesLife

Con

Shai Linne: Our God is in the Heavens

I picked this song because it helps me be reminded that I cannot always know why certain things happen, but know that God is in Heaven and controls all things.

.David Crowder's Band: Heaven came Down

I chose this song because of how deep thought is put into displaying of God caming down as a man and giving life by Jesus dying for our sins and arising from the dead.. And its glorious!!

.Mariah Carey: Without You

I chose this song because, well... It made me think of my past relationships and how sad I was.. And that now, I don't deal with that, but I see and hear when my friends or relatives go through this kind of emotion... And also, because I love how she sings this song..

Posted by ambivalentsoul 2 years ago
ambivalentsoul
If I was still able to vote on this debate I would vote pro for sure. Pro actually knows good music.
Posted by Adam2 2 years ago
Adam2
GodChoosesLife
Agreed, though I hate rap.
PatriotPerson just loves nonsense.
Posted by richardk84 2 years ago
richardk84
This was interesting :)
Posted by PatriotPerson 2 years ago
PatriotPerson
Macklemore's has meaning. I don't know about Jay-Z.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Who cares if he has a bunch of albums or not.. His music talks about non sense :/.
Sorry....
Posted by Adam2 2 years ago
Adam2
Seriously, all the music you choose, PatriotPerson, sucks. Autotune crap.
Good luck winning this debate, because I believe your opponent will beat you, tyrant.
Posted by G_MONEY 2 years ago
G_MONEY
The heck you mean he's "wack" he has more platinum albums then any of the "rappers" y'all are talking about
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
I'm sorry, but jay Z is whack as well.
Posted by G_MONEY 2 years ago
G_MONEY
Jay z is the best rapper
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Right about what??
Vote Placed by thesupporter 2 years ago
thesupporter
PatriotPersonGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Best songs con
Vote Placed by hexfirewell7172 2 years ago
hexfirewell7172
PatriotPersonGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I got to listen to many new songs I haven't heard before and I thought that the song choices were mostly good. But I love imagine dragons too much and con skipped out on a round so I have to give it to Patriot
Vote Placed by Adam2 2 years ago
Adam2
PatriotPersonGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Simply because of the quality of the songs. Almost all the songs pro chose were autotune. Con chose songs that had depth and meaning (even if I didn't like the genre), something most music lacks today. Also pro seemed to rely on emotion more, whereas con at least gave a reason why she loved the songs.