Opsianos
Rosalie

Music Challenge

Rosalie
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 5/19/2016 Category: Music

Opsianos

Pro

Many thanks to Rosalie for accepting this challenge!

Rules and Conditions

1. Each person must provide one original performance of any music per round after the first round. Only you are to be playing or singing (exception being instrumental accompaniment).This must be done in the form of a video for confirmation, preferably uploaded to a video-sharing website such as YouTube or Vimeo.

2. There is no limit to the music that you select, but it cannot exceed a length of 7 minutes.

3. Your performances will be all that are judged; all written arguments of any sort are invalid (this excludes additional information).

4. Violation of any of these three rules will be equivalent to an automatic concession to the opponent in the current round.

5. The judges that have been nominated are Sapphique, TUF, Blade-of-Truth, FourTrouble, ESocialBookworm, and TurleDoveSammie (original thread: http://www.debate.org...). There is a two-week period for them to vote.

6. Speaking of judging, the scoring is as follows: 2 points for the first round, 2 points for the second round, 2 points for the third round, and a final point given to the overall winner (note: This is not necessarily dependent on the majority of rounds won; for example, if one person greatly outclassed the other in one round and was only slightly in the other two according to the judge's opinion, then they should still receive this point). RFD's need not be in extreme detail (but are still needed), and are inherently subjective. Judges are not required or encouraged to be hardcore critics (they may do so if they want to); points simply go to the person whose music that the judge enjoyed the most in that round.

7. On that note, should a judge think that there was a tie in one or more rounds, then they simply need to either split the points or abstain.

8. These rules may be changed prior to the acceptance of the debate.

Good luck, Rosalie, and I look forward to listening to you!
Rosalie

Con

I accept. Good luck Opsianous. :)
Opsianos

Pro

Thanks, Ross.

My first song will be Brave Shine, the second opening song of the anime Fate/Stay Night (although I never watched it). The original piano cover is by Animenz Piano Sheets, and you can find the original cover and the channel itself in the video description.

Note: Apologies for the poor quality of the video, including how I accidentally recorded this at an upright angle, which is why there is extreme letterboxing (I rarely, if ever, record myself). I'll be sure to improve the next two in the future.

(And before you ask, yes, that's a grand piano.)
Rosalie

Con

Not very happy with this one, but I love the song in general, Lol.

"Use Somebody"- Kinds of Leon.

http://www.smule.com...
Opsianos

Pro

Opsianos forfeited this round.
Rosalie

Con

"Don't" by Jewl....sorry I was quiet.

http://www.smule.com...
Opsianos

Pro

I'm sorry. I can't play. Not now.
Rosalie

Con

I am not going to post a song, to be fair to my opponent. I had lots of fun! :)
Posted by Vaarka 4 months ago
Vaarka
I just realized the song that Opsianos played on the piano is the same one that I FC'd with Hidden for a 4x100 play a few weeks ago.
Posted by Rosalie 8 months ago
Rosalie
Its okay. We can always do another one.
Posted by Opsianos 8 months ago
Opsianos
Sorry about leaving halfway, Rosalie.
Posted by TUF 8 months ago
TUF
Ops I think you turned me gay for you bro
Posted by TUF 8 months ago
TUF
That piano solo though....

http://i1.kym-cdn.com...
Posted by Opsianos 8 months ago
Opsianos
Anyway, I know my second one, but the last one I want to play is like over 10 min long. I'm probably only going to play the second half, lol.
Posted by Opsianos 8 months ago
Opsianos
Although, it's up to the judges if they're going to count it or not. I was the one who enforced those rules, after all.
Posted by Opsianos 9 months ago
Opsianos
F*ck, I'll submit two next round. e_e
Posted by Opsianos 9 months ago
Opsianos
OH ARE YOU KIDDlNG ME
Posted by Opsianos 9 months ago
Opsianos
Crap, I totally forgot about this.

Yep, I totally would have lost if I tried (keyword) to sing. Your voice is awesome, lol (pretty sure I said something (creepy) like that in G+ before :3). I'm quite jelly about your reverb.

Also, I should probably put mine up, lol.
Vote Placed by Sapphique 8 months ago
Sapphique
OpsianosRosalieTied
Reasons for voting decision: I wish Opsi had been able to post more of his piano playing lol, but Rosalie wins because of the forfeits. Going by the scoring system Opsi set up though, Round 2 I would give to Opsi--his playing was amazing despite minor errors in the middle--but he should invest in a better recording device XD Brave Shine is also very pretty, and if I weren't caught up in learning This Game I might try playing it ^.^ Rosalie, you have a lovely voice. I really liked your singing for Round 2, but you strayed off key (the song is in C major) starting at 1:05 ish. Round 3 goes to Rosalie as well. I liked this song a lot too.
Vote Placed by TUF 8 months ago
TUF
OpsianosRosalieTied
Reasons for voting decision: So there were guidelines set up for the judges to vote on, however due to the forfeits I am not sure whether to stick with those guidelines? If so I would have to give round 2 to ops for 2 points (there is absolutely nothing negative I could say about Rosalie's voice in round 2, it was absolutely perfect. She was a very beautiful singer. The piano solo just had me fawning, it was so good. It got dramatic at times, and fast paced, (watching his hands move was mesmerizing #no homo), and then he ended it on the dramatic note which was perfect. Opsianos had a very artsy song choice, and overall I just enjoyed it a lot. Round 2 obviously has to go to Rosalie because of the forfeit, but she uploaded one of her older songs that I absolutely adored then, and still love it now. Rosalie gets the 2 points for round 2, and as per rule 6, the victory round winner goes to Rosalie due to Opsianos's unfortunate FF circumstances. You guys were both awesome! I can't wait to hear you play piano again.