xXCryptoXx
debatability

Music Competition

xXCryptoXx
Started: 10/19/2014 Category: Music

xXCryptoXx

Pro

Here are the rules:

1. First round is for acceptance.

2. Each round we will post a video of us playing a song.

3. The song can either be an actual song, or be one you created.

4. Playing an instrument in the video is required; singing in addition to playing is optional. Any instrument may be used, and any song may be played.

5. All videos will be uploaded to Youtube

Voting Rules

These rules will set the standards for all voting. Any votes that do not adhere to these standards will be removed.

1. Source points will go to whoever sounded better. Do not take the music itself into question, rather how well they played the song. For example, if you hate heavy metal and someone plays heavy metal, do not take away source points from them just because the type of music they played is music you don't like. Judge them off how well they performed the song.

2. Arguments points go to song difficulty. Whoever all-together played more difficult songs will win this point.

3. No other points will be rewarded for any reason. Any vote that adds points outside of the listed voting points will be removed.The only exception to this rule is if both debaters played exceptionally well, or are very evenly matched and so the distribution of points was made to equal this.

4. As Debatibility cannot sing and I can, do not take my singing account too much, but rather try to equalize my advantage with her playing.

If there are any questions or concerns about these rules please post them in the comments section.
debatability

Con

i accept:)

i kindly ask my opponent to wait until last minute to post his songs if it doesnt inconvenience him, due to time constraints on my part
debatability

Con

debatability forfeited this round.
xXCryptoXx

Pro

First off, Debability apologizes for her accidental forfeit last round. Here's her song:

And here is mine:
debatability

Con

I apologize for the forfiet last round. I kindly ask voters not take the forfiet into consideration when voting, as it did not affect the quality of this competition.

xXCryptoXx

Pro

It's been fun! Good luck in the voting period :)
debatability

Con

a big thanks to crypto for a good debate
i really wish i had better recording equipment because i feel like it took away from all of my preformances. thanks to anyone who votes ore watches!!
Posted by xXCryptoXx 2 years ago
xXCryptoXx
The knocking was broken piano keys lol. Thanks for the vote Blade.
Posted by ElCorazonAma 2 years ago
ElCorazonAma
Crypto your voice isn't bad.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Me too. But my voice is weird and offbeat lol.
Posted by xXCryptoXx 2 years ago
xXCryptoXx
I actually don't consider myself a very great singer. I just love to sing :)
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
And oh man! How good looking both these debaters were. I am envious of you both since I'm learning the piano and seriously want to get to the level you guys are at. Mind sharing your stories on how you guys got so good?
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Well, I just remembered I have a project due tomorrow, so screw this. I'll finish the RFD tomorrow. V_V
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Wait, WHAT?!

...

That just screwed up my entire RFD. THANKS.
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Well, before I post my vote, I'll just begin with the RFD.

Round 2

??? (Crypto) vs. House of the Rising Sun (Debatability)

I'll go over the difficulty first. Crypto's song (no name specified, by the way) went by a standard 4/4 key signature while Liz's was a more complex 6/8. Crypto's song had more complex rhythm and syncopation incorporated into his song, but the constant repetition of notes withdrew from the difficulty, regardless of the genre of the song. Because of this, Liz had the slight advantage in difficulty, but I know how hard it is to sing and play simultaneously, so I'll have to give the difficulty to Crypto for this round.

Now, the presentation. Most notably, Liz faltered several times in the latter half of her piece, while no audible difficulty was heard in Crypto's. Both sides lacked in dynamic contrast, but Crypto's main asset was the energy of his song, regardless of the same chords he used. Each note was wonderfully vibrant in volume, while Liz simply couldn't match his passion for playing. Had she used her style to her advantage, with more expression and dynamics, the tides could have turned into her favor, but even then it would be overcome Crypto's vocal assets. I wasn't sure of the drum sounds I heard in Crypto's video, but I'll give the win to Crypto for this round.

Round summary: Crypto's energy and singing ultimately pulled him through for this round, while Liz was more uncertain and less passionate in her playing.
Posted by debatability 2 years ago
debatability
i prefer to use a regular piano; however, my regular piano is louder than my keyboard so it sounds reallly bad on my computers recording system. i had to put my keyboard on a pretty low volume for it to sound ok
Posted by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
And goddamn it, why do y'all need to use keyboards? >.>
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
xXCryptoXxdebatabilityTied
Reasons for voting decision: I want to start by saying you both did really well and this was a fun debate to listen to! R2- Con took it in both difficulty and delivery - I saw greater range in Con vs. Pro's seemingly repetitive keys. Delivery wise I think Pro's was too choppy, idk if it was just too much with his voice/piano/random knocking, but I felt Con's was smoother. R3 - Pro took it in both difficulty and delivery. I noticed much more movement in Pro's range and really enjoyed the smooth transitions which led to a real enjoyable delivery overall. Con's was too choppy and a few notes were missed. Perhaps it was the sound equipment but there was a noticeable difference. R4 - Pro took difficulty while Con took delivery. I do think it's a little much on the sound equipment with voice/piano/background music. I enjoyed Con's acapella delivery much more due to the clarity of the piano presenting the song well. In terms of difficulty though I felt Pro's was much faster paced and more difficult in repetition.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
xXCryptoXxdebatabilityTied
Reasons for voting decision: xXCryptoXx's songs were faster paced and harder, earning him CA. Con's songs were overall better sounding.
Vote Placed by Adam_Godzilla 2 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
xXCryptoXxdebatabilityTied
Reasons for voting decision: There is no doubt that Crypto is an excellent pianist and can play highly rich and complex songs. It is clear that he wins the argument points. Source points go to Liz however. The reason is because of the clarity of her playing and soft simple tone of it. To be fair, Cypto was playing beautiful meodies as well, however, his voice was drowning out most of the beautiful tones. I am sure Cypto is very well capable in singing, but either the recording device did not capture his capabilities or his singing talents lie in other kinds of songs. Ultimately, Pro wins as the competition seems to be geared toward 'best piano player' and not about which was subjectively more enjoyable. If the debate was the latter kind, then Liz would certainly win this debate with simple style and I quote my mom, "this one plays well". Good debate, I enjoyed it.
Vote Placed by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
xXCryptoXxdebatabilityTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments. Might change it once I finish.