mee2kool4u369
bennourse

Music Debate

mee2kool4u369

mee2kool4u369

Pro

This debate shall be very fun. Use the best music you can think of. only 21st century music is allowed. There is a max of 500 characters (so you can say a sentence or two about the song) You must post your argument within thirty minutes (this is so it shall be quick) My first song will be "someone like you" sung by Adele.

bennourse

Con

Great first choice by the way, I was listening to Adele's "someone like you" earlier. Before I show my first choice, this discussion is going to be light hearted and a chance to explore some of the best songs we can think of; it's all subjective of course. That's the fun of it! Also I will try and get some variation but this is my personal music taste.

I like all of their music so it was hard to choose. Enjoy!
mee2kool4u369

Pro

Thank you for the compliment, your song was pleasant, the next sing is "Vida la Vida" by coldplay.

bennourse

Con

Interesting new twist from their earlier songs. This is one of my favourite bands and in my opinion, his style of guitar is one of the best around. This is The White Stripes - Icky Thump.
mee2kool4u369

Pro

That song sure was interesting. My next choice is "Dog Days are Over" by Florence and the machine.

;

bennourse

Con

I'm not a huge fan of Florence and the Machine but that song was not bad.

This next piece of music is an OST from one of my favourite films "Sunshine". This piece of music was also in "Kick A**" (it won't let me type it) but altered slightly. Great piece of cinematic music and one of the best things I've heard. When a piece of music rushes you full of emotion you know it is a winner.

John Murphy - Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor). Enjoy!
mee2kool4u369

Pro

I am now going to use a not very popular song. Also this is my soon to be wife's favorite song. This is "Settle Down" by Kimbra.

;
bennourse

Con

Interesting choice, a little different to your other choices to be sure!

Apologises for the lack of HD on this choice. I've tried my best to find it in HD but I can't, but it's too great to leave out. This is a great acoustic track and again, one of my favourite artists. This is Colin Hay - Waiting for my real life to begin.
mee2kool4u369

Pro

Its sad to let this debate end it truly was very fun and I enjoyed it very much. For my last song I have chosen "Titanium" by David Guetta feat. Sia. Thank you have a great day!!!

bennourse

Con

It is, I always love to discuss music and especially to be shown a couple of new tracks that I like. Well, my final choice was a tough one but I chose it because of its complexity, the quality of the music and the originality of the song.

Without further ado, this is Nine Inch Nails - The day the whole world went away.

Thank you for the discussion, have a great day too! Thanks.
Posted by dirkson 4 years ago
dirkson
This debate is exactly as awesome as I thought it would be ^^ I'll take some more time to cogitate on my results, then see if DDO will let me vote yet!

Cheers,
-Dirk
Posted by mee2kool4u369 4 years ago
mee2kool4u369
you too
Posted by bennourse 4 years ago
bennourse
It took a while for me to pick one song, but I think I made the right choice. Thanks for the discussion man, it has been great.
Posted by mee2kool4u369 4 years ago
mee2kool4u369
Time is ticking Ben
Posted by bennourse 4 years ago
bennourse
Okay, I'll try my best to find HD!
Posted by dirkson 4 years ago
dirkson
I would like to suggest that both sides stick the following string of characters onto youtube links:

&fmt=18

This tells youtube to use the high quality audio, and ensures that it will play in stereo. (Assuming stereo is available) Most of the time this doesn't matter... But this is a music argument for goodness' sake!

Cheers,
-Dirk
Posted by mee2kool4u369 4 years ago
mee2kool4u369
That has to be the worst comeback I have ever heard in my entire life and trust me thats a long time.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Also, turns out that, since I'm a bear, I can be as uptight as I would like, since I can just eat your entire family if you disagree.
Posted by Cody_Franklin 4 years ago
Cody_Franklin
umad.jpg
Posted by dirkson 4 years ago
dirkson
No need to apologize - I'll learn something interesting whether I'm part of the debate or just watching. In fact, if I watch, I get to learn about twice the new interesting music!

And yeah, Cody is taking your fun debate a little too seriously :D

Cheers,
-Dirk
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
mee2kool4u369bennourseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Better songs
Vote Placed by stubs 4 years ago
stubs
mee2kool4u369bennourseTied
Reasons for voting decision: 1 round: pro. 2 round: pro. 3 round: pro 4 round: tie 5 round: pro
Vote Placed by TheOrator 4 years ago
TheOrator
mee2kool4u369bennourseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro used Adele followed by Coldplay... no thought required :P