waltaksnow
Zarium

Music Lyrics Censorship, Good or Bad

Zarium has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/2/2018 Category: Arts

waltaksnow

Con

Music is a form of art, censoring it takes away the artists meaning of the song or music.
Zarium

Pro

I agree, Music is a form of art.

The part I disagree, is that your assumption that all coordinated noise is considered art and therefor is excluded by censorship.

Please define at what point noise becomes music and as thus cannot be considered offensive to be heard by others.
I.e. A howling monkey is not considered a beautiful singer, but do you consider their howls to be music?

https://youtu.be...
waltaksnow

Con

Nowhere i said noise is an art, I myself working in the music field know what it takes for a music to be produced and recorded, i believe some form of music have words which children should not listen, but what i also think is censoring and changing the words is not the actual solution, for example back in 1993 When Nirvana's In Utero album was released in, their song "Rape Me" was changed to "Waif Me" on the back cover of the CD when big-box stores Wal-Mart and K-Mart refused to sell it otherwise, so now that changes the meaning completely.
Posted by Zarium 5 months ago
Zarium
Sorry I didnt anticipate being away for as long as I was :(