thatsfacism
Buckethead31594

Music Talent Competition

Buckethead31594
Started: 1/5/2014 Category: Music

thatsfacism

Pro

Inspired by some other music competition I saw on here I decided to make my own. Open to anyone who has any type of musical talent, whether it be singing or playing an instrument. I and my opponent will go back and forth performing different songs from the categories listed below. Each performer must upload a video through Youtube and share it. The song MUST FIT THE CATEGORY ASSIGNED TO THAT ROUND. For example, if the category in Round 4 was Love Ballads and one of the performers chose "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus, then voters must vote accordingly.

Here are the rules:
1. When uploading the video, the performer cannot edit the video in any way possible. This includes jump cuts and audio edits.
2. The performer must be playing some type of instrument during their performance.
3. The song choice must confide with the assigned category for that round. The performer can either sing the song or do an instrumental cover of the song.
4. The performers cannot use original work.
5. Loop pedals, effect pedals, ect. are prohibited during this debate. Microphones are allowed if the performer needs to amplify their sound, but before the performer begins the song, they must show on camera that they are not using any kind of effect pedal.
6. The video must at least over 2 minutes, but under 6 minutes.

I will start the actual performance, so do not upload a video for Round 1. The categories for each round are as follows:

Round 2: Songs from the 60's. Any song by any artist that was made between the years of 1960-1969.
Round 3: Guilty Pleasures. Widely popular songs that were a huge sensation that people still secretly enjoy today. Song choice can be from any decade.
Round 4: Chart Toppers. Songs that have been #1 on Billboard for at least 3 weeks. In the description on YouTube or on this website, the performer must provide the number of weeks the song was #1 on Billboard and a link to whatever site they got their information. Please do your research before you make your song choice. The song can be from any decade.
Round 5: Free Choice. This round is free for the performers to decide. Please refrain from using profanities.

Just remember that at the end of the day, it's all about fun for this debate. Let's try to play nice, and that goes for my opponent and commentators as well. Let's get started, who wants to take the challenge?

Got questions? Ask me in the comments!
Buckethead31594

Con

I thought this would be a nice break from my theological-centered debates. That being said, I've never been in a music competition before- so I wish the best of luck to my opponent.

May this be a fun debate!
thatsfacism

Pro

A Change Gonna Come - Sam Cooke
Buckethead31594

Con

Yesterday - The Beatles
thatsfacism

Pro

So sorry but I have no time to upload a video right now. To make up for it, I'll post 2 videos in the next round. My opponent can upload if he chooses, but I totally lost track of time, I'll post my songs on the next round. So sorry! Super busy right now.
Buckethead31594

Con

Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley

thatsfacism

Pro

My apologies for the delay on this one, I've been super busy and I'm badly under the weather, but I managed to make it

Guilty Pleasure :
https://www.youtube.com...

Chart Topper:
https://www.youtube.com...
Buckethead31594

Con

Happy Together - The Turtles
thatsfacism

Pro

thatsfacism forfeited this round.
Buckethead31594

Con

I used this video one of my other debates, but I think it will do. I thank my opponent for a fun competition!

http://youtu.be...
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
Thank you. And you still have 7 days, so you have plenty of time.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
How long before voting is over? I haven't had a chance to dab into hearing any of y'all's performances so I wanna do that and then make my judgment and vote..
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
I apologize if this was somehow against the rules, but all of my songs will be/are improvised; I can't read music.
Posted by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
My opponent has a very beautiful voice. That will be hard to top! Unfortunately and inconveniently, I have a cold, so we'll see how well my voice sounds... Lol.
Posted by whatledge 3 years ago
whatledge
pretty cool, i hope you guys are good. i'll keep a eye (or ear) on this.
Posted by thatsfacism 3 years ago
thatsfacism
Yes, the person has to have the instrument, but the person can choose to either sing and play the instrument or just play the instrument. For example, the could sing and play "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons or they could just play an instrumental cover of that song. Both are valid choices.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Just out of curiosity, you stated in one of your rules that the person must have an instrument. Yet before you said the person can sing OR play an instrument. Just wondering...
Posted by thatsfacism 3 years ago
thatsfacism
For rule 4, it means that no one can use songs that they have written. It has to be songs that have been written and performed by someone else.

For rule 5, alot of guitarists and a Cappella singers use pedals with microphones to add an effect to their sound. This rule prohibits the use of those pedals. I'm saying that people can still use microphones, but it has to be without pedals and they have to show on camera that they arent using any pedals.
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
What do you mean in rule 4 and 5? Not that I'm going to accept the debate.Just wondering.
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
thatsfacismBuckethead31594Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF a round so Con get's points for conduct. Pro's performances were very well, but Con seemed to be a bit more convincing in his performances simply because he used different instruments to perform. In all though, both performances were splendid! :)
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
thatsfacismBuckethead31594Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
thatsfacismBuckethead31594Tied