GodChoosesLife
TN05

Music Tournament 1

GodChoosesLife
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 8/18/2014 Category: Arts

GodChoosesLife

Pro

First round is for acceptance, 2-3 round will be our performances on whether YouTube or another form of style. Best wishes to my opponent and I look forward to this tournament.
TN05

Con

I accept. Good luck to us both!
GodChoosesLife

Pro

This song is called "We Are" by Kari Jobe, I sung it acapella style and tried to add a bit of a different flavor to it and have some form of noise hitting the background with my singing. Anyways, enjoy and best wishes to my opponent on his round! I look forward to hearing what he will be performing!
http://youtu.be...
TN05

Con

This is a bass cover of "So Long Self" by MercyMe.

http://youtu.be...
GodChoosesLife

Pro

This is by jimmy needham: hurricane
http://youtu.be...

(Ps. Good job to my opponent on his round).
TN05

Con

For my second and final song, this is a bass cover of "I've Always Loved You" by Third Day:

https://www.youtube.com...

Good luck to me and my opponent in voting!
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
I'm voting 3 points per round for a total of 6 to be awarded. Round 1 - Pro was able to really show the range of her voice in this round. Sound-wise, it was easier to hear that Con's. I was able to pick up every word and the beat provided as background meshed well with the lyrics. Con's was difficult to pinpoint. It seemed like the song itself was louder than his bass. While he covered it nicely, I felt the repetitive nature wasn't as impressive as the range and clarity of Pro's vocals and beat. For this, Pro takes the full 3 points for Round 1.
Round 2 - This was a better matched round for me. Pro's vocals were alone this time, no background beat. Con's sound was clearer and it meshed as well with the song as Pro's voice did with the beat in the previous round. I have to still award complexity to Pro, the range was indeed impressive whereas I still felt that Con's song wasn't too demanding as I watched his hands (demanding as in repetitive nature). I also felt Pro was holding back though in this round. My roommate was watching it with me and commented that she "needed more soul", to which I concurred. Still, the range, clarity, and ability to carry notes was impressive. I'm awarding this round 1-1, and holding back the 3rd point due to a lack of performance in regards to both not really giving it, as I see it, there all.

In total, this will end with a 4-1 victory for Pro. Great job to both participants, and best of luck!!
Posted by BennyW 2 years ago
BennyW
It says I can't vote on this. This is a good idea maybe I will do the same type of thing.
Posted by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
BTW good job on your cover GCL.
Posted by tulle 2 years ago
tulle
<3
nac
Posted by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
It should be fixed now.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
TNO5, I can't see your videos. IT says it's set to private.
Posted by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
Yep, I'm a huge fan. They're probably my favorite band right now.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
You know mercyme? Wow! Cool!
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Well!!! It good to know that now lol!!
Posted by TN05 2 years ago
TN05
Well I don't sing... I play bass. :P
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
GodChoosesLifeTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
GodChoosesLifeTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ok. This was a lovely music competition round. Good job to you, especially if you both played/sung by ear. 5-string bass? badass... R1: Both pieces were briliiant, pro chose a good piece and sung it almost perfectly; i also like how she provided a nice beat as well. Cons piece was nice as well but It seemed less complex than that of Pro's. R2: Pros piece was nice again but I felt that it wasn't as good as the one in the first round. Pros piece was a lot more awesome than the one in the first round. I also believe that cons piece was somewhat slightly better than marie's piece. In overall terms, I believe that Pro's combined pieces were better and somewhat more complex that the combination on Con's pieces. I dont know if my Rfd makes sense... i am always happy to expand on it.
Vote Placed by tulle 2 years ago
tulle
GodChoosesLifeTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was really tough to decide :( You guys were both great and TN is clearly talented. I guess I have a bit of a singing bias because it had more variety all the way through.
Vote Placed by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
GodChoosesLifeTN05Tied
Reasons for voting decision: First round Pro, second round con. I was going to judge round by round and let the third round decide the debate but it was only two rounds. Pro had a great voice and she just nailed the song in R1 , I liked cons round 2 though, i was interesting and pro was weaker in this round than the first. IF I had to edge the debate it would go to pro slightly but there is nothing to go off of because its per round voting in my m ind