MightyMercur
Jennifer9

Music is an important subject and should be taught at all schools

Jennifer9

MightyMercur

Pro

Music is a language that every body can understand. It is the language of the universe. Even illiterate people can understand music. Even though public schools don't have the funds to buy music instruments, the government should at least by a couple. People might say that it is the children's choice. If everything were left to the children, our economic growth would slowly fall or eventually grind to a complete halt.
Jennifer9

Con

"Music is a language everyone can understand."
Then why should we teach it? If everyone can enjoy the pleasures, why should we? Moreover, music is interpreted differently. Each individual personalizes it. It's not the same for everyone.

The gov has way better things to do then force a few million kids to take up music and give them the money to buy instruments and royalties to music sheets. Why would economic growth reduce? Pro hasn't proved this.

It is THEIR choice and THEIR future. Thanks:)
MightyMercur

Pro

MightyMercur forfeited this round.
Jennifer9

Con

Learning is most effective when the student is engaged in the work. Students actually interested will perform at a higher level, have a better attitude in class, and take pride in their work. Pulling kids and teens (and even college students as my opposition hasn't defined "all") away from their preferred course and into a class they don't desire will negatively impact their grades and mood. Their are tons of people who take interest in music without needing mandated classes already.

Vote pro:)
MightyMercur

Pro

MightyMercur forfeited this round.
Jennifer9

Con

Jennifer9 forfeited this round.
Posted by MightyMercur 4 years ago
MightyMercur
First of all, thanks for accepting this debate. I think that I'll enjoy it very much.

If children had the choice to do what they wanted from a young age, they wouldn't make rational choices. This is because their brains haven't fully developed. If children grow up with music in their lives, they would learn to grow and enjoy music. I know that music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but later on they will see the benefits. I didn't know that I set it to a 500 word max (sorry) but if you go to this site, http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au... surely you will see that the benefits outway, the negatives.
Posted by Jennifer9 4 years ago
Jennifer9
Unfortunately, I can't post over 500 letters which sucks because I'd be way more thorough at defending my side if I could. Basically, pro (as of the first round) has not proven why it is essential to teach ALL students music. (This includes, in both the public and private sectors: elementary, junior/middle school, high school and even universities) Which basically means if you pay for your child (or even your-university-attending-self) to go to a specialized science school, or what have you, it is also mandatory for you to pay for a music teacher, an instrument, tools to clean/care for that instrument, music theory books, concerts that the school could wish to put on, etc, even if your child hates classical music (or jazz or the class) and would rather spend his/her/your time learner something they'll actually enjoy, excel in and perhaps even pursue in the future.
Vote Placed by calculatedr1sk 4 years ago
calculatedr1sk
MightyMercurJennifer9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by GOP 4 years ago
GOP
MightyMercurJennifer9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F