lbj123
nkava

Music is in need of change

Started: 2/9/2014 Category: Music

lbj123

Pro

First round is for acceptance only. Other wise, free debate, twelve hours to give your response, and yeah. I made it four rounds so that me and my opponent can use the traditional three rounds to debate. That really is it. I will argue that music is definitely in need of a change.
nkava

Con

Ladies and Gentleman, honourable judges, trustworthy team mates, worthy opponent and helpful timekeeper. This house believes that Music should not be changed.

My first argument is that music is needed for people who are not specifically good at subjects in school and have an insanely big talent in music. By that they have a better chance to go into college just for their good music playing. As I said they can go to college more easily and even better with a scholarship, so that means that their parent shouldn't have to pay money.

Also if music is changed then music stores will close down causing people to loose their jobs and stay without money to feed their families or even stay homeless on the streets because they don't have enough money to pay for their lives. So if Music is not changed, it will be more economical for children to enter collages and their will be a shorter amount of deaths occurring because of starvation.

Scientifically their are over 3.1 million deaths each year from hunger. Also another argument is that Music is a hobby for lots of people and maybe it has been passed on by the years in somebody family and they want to make a career out of music to earn money in the streets or even strip clubs, shops, parties etc.

So to close my speech is strongly believe that Music should be kept.
Thank you!
lbj123

Pro

I accept. Just make sure you don't post anything for the last round. Regardless of which, allow me to proceed.

Music, honestly sucks. Have you heard some of these songs? Well, it mainly comes from rap, so let me list a few lines that will shock you.

"Uh, I'm in the ocean getting shark p***y"-Lil Wayne, IANAHB
"I just talked to Jesus. He said 'What up, Yeezus?' I said 'S**t, I'm chillin', tryna stack these millions"-Kanye West, On Sight
"No Doubt like Gwen Stefani's group...Lemme put my mouth where you potty boo"-Ab-Soul, Smoke Again
"Boat or Jet? What do you expect? Her p***y so good I got her a pet."-2-Chainz, Talk Dirty
"I take a flight to Spain, just to heat a baked potato!"-RiFF RAFF, Mr. Popular

I would post many more, but you should get what I'm saying. These lines suck, and you even know it yourself. Now I agree with you in the context that musical talent is usually targeted towards those that don't have the greatest academic skills, and that music is a hobby. It's just that music needs to change.

A lot of popular music is filled with a bunch of DJ's, and very few songs have any sort of original instruments. Would you want to hear something from the Beatles, or would you want to hear "Titanium"? I'm not saying all music is bad. Exceptions are bands like Passion Pit, Imagine Dragons, Fun, Train, etc. Most of it, however, sucks.

That is all I have to say, thank you very much
nkava

Con

nkava forfeited this round.
lbj123

Pro

Well, isn't this fantastic. Whatever, I'll just wait and see what you respond with.
nkava

Con

nkava forfeited this round.
lbj123

Pro

That works too
nkava

Con

nkava forfeited this round.
Posted by Rok 3 years ago
Rok
I think this is a little vague. Music is always changing
Posted by nkava 3 years ago
nkava
Sorry my arguments should be for round 2 thanks!