Ilona
rabbitcase

Music is one thing that teens need these days.

Started: 3/19/2014 Category: Music

Ilona

Pro

I think that music is one thing that helps teens, also that is one thing that most teens use to cope.
rabbitcase

Con

My opponent's argument is that music is the ONE thing that helps teens cope and that it is the thing teens use MOST to cope.

My opponent failed to define what they mean by "music" so I will narrow the terms down--

Music
Noun
mu"sic
G2;myoV2;ozik/
noun

1. an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
2. musical work or compositions for singing or playing.

In this case when my opponent says that music is the one thing that helps teens--narrowed down:--listening to music is the one thing that helps teens.

I will be arguing that there are other alternatives to music and the idea that music can trigger teens and make them feel worse.

While music can sometimes be beneficial it is not the only option for expression and coping mechanisms. A teenager can go to therapy and learn other coping skills and cognitive skills that can help them more than music can potentially.
Examples: writing, exercise, creating art, having a shower, spending time with a family member or pet
Ilona

Pro

Ilona forfeited this round.
rabbitcase

Con

rabbitcase forfeited this round.
Ilona

Pro

Ilona forfeited this round.
rabbitcase

Con

rabbitcase forfeited this round.