Jamesjeffery49
danny123

Music should be made free

Started: 4/5/2014 Category: Music

Jamesjeffery49

Con

Should music be made free for all to listen to without license?
danny123

Pro

though it would be nice to have music for free it is not fair for the artists who are putting all their time and effort into creating it for us to not get compensated for their work. I mean if music were free then how will the musicians put food on their table?
Artists do make money from live shows and merchandise, but they are bi-products of the music itself. If music is free then people would not be making music for the love of music. Music should not be free. Artists and record labels spend a lot of time and money creating music.Millions of dollars go into making an album, sometimes even one song. Due to this, music should not be free at all. Those people deserve to be compensated for their time and effort of making the music.
Jamesjeffery49

Con

You are supposed to be arguing for it! Not against it! That's my job hahahahahaha!

Oh well :P
danny123

Pro

my bad
Music is Sold For a Reason I can see where people would think that it being free would be good, but is it honestly? Artists have to pour money out of their pockets to make music, and if they're not getting paid anything then they have to pay to do what they love. Sure things like sports have to be paid for and people may love doing those, but think of all of the hours and other money they have to spend to be good enough to produce music. They need money to feed their family, and if they don't have that then they're kind of screwed.Music should be free because some people can not afford to buy and listen to it. If it is free on YouTube or the radio the why not make it free all the time. Artist are making enough money as it is so they can make it free and it wont effect them. I think that music should be free.
Jamesjeffery49

Con

hahahaha I'm still recovering from before as I thought it was quite amusing you took the opposing side :P

Let's just have a discussion about it.

I think it's kind of ridiculous how we can YouTube songs, but then to use an application such as spotify, it isn't free.

I can't seem to reconcile it personally. I understand that there should be some form of royalties given to the artist, as I am a musician myself, but it's a little difficult when people are uploading YouTube videos of the same song over and over again!

-James
danny123

Pro

having free music should can drive the fan base. Not many artist will be struggling if there was free music.