hghppjfan
Tonak22

Musical Instruments are a way to help with learning.

hghppjfan

hghppjfan

Pro

This is the acceptance round. I welcome the opponent to this debate. Any rules the opponent will chose. Good luck to everyone.
Tonak22

Con

I accept the challenge. I have not been on the Debate.org site for a while, so go easy on me. :)
hghppjfan

Pro

Don't worry, this is only my third debate.

The reasons why musical instruments are a way to help with learning:

A. It can help with school subject learning, such as math.
B. You can write songs to help you memorize stuff (lesson, method, ect.)
C. It brings you more challenges. If you are in any band, you need to memorize a song and perform it correctly in front of other people.

Your turn.
Tonak22

Con

Thank you for the quick post.

The Pro contends that the reasons why musical instruments are a way to help with learning are as follows:

I have to admit that I was expecting the Pro, as the instigator, to give concrete sources to prove these claims first. So to give room for the instigator, I will also not give any sources.

I think that Musical instruments are only distractions.

- I think that this is false. Why? Since we did not qualify what Musical Instruments are, I would conclude that these meant all musical instruments such as electric guitars. There are a lot of musical instruments that ceases to produce good music, but rather noise especially in metal rock music. Are these helpful to children? definitely not.

B. You can write songs to help you memorize stuff (lesson, method, etc.)
- How can you memorize if the instruments you use, like electric guitars, are too loud? This is definitely incorrect.

- A challenge to perform in a band does not mean that it could be a base for learning in an academic sense. The time you memorize the lyrics to these songs should be of better use in reading academic books.

Your turn.
hghppjfan

Pro

This is the final round. I am going to rebuttal my opponent's rebuttal.
1.It depends on the student. Maybe a project that they have to do is about metal rock music, so they play metal rock music to learn.

1. Again, it depends on the student. Some kids might not even like electric guitars. Some like, flutes, or trumpets, or drums. Not all instruments are loud if you want to use an instrument in a quieter environment.

1. Performing in a band is not the only challenge. You need to overcome memorizing a song and using that ability to challenge yourself to making the song a success, just like life.

Your turn.
Tonak22

Con

Tonak22 forfeited this round.
Posted by yuiru 5 years ago
yuiru
Okay, learning what?

Who would accept this? Pro could easily just say they help with learning to play instruments. After all pro only has to show they help with learning in some way.
Posted by Yep 5 years ago
Yep
Was thinking about running semantics on this... it's so easy considering there are no definitions...
Vote Placed by lannan13 5 years ago
lannan13
hghppjfanTonak22Tied