Duponte1444
Blade-of-Truth

Muslims in neaderlands are fat

Blade-of-Truth
Started: 5/20/2014 Category: Cars

Duponte1444

Con

Scientific studies according to havard universities are mainly in order to attain research on the Muslim statistics. Confirmations state that 99% of Muslims in Netherlands are fat, therefore do not pose a threat due to their inability of cutting off arms of people and making a firework
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

I accept the debate.

The resolution is Clear: Muslims in Netherlands are fat.

Since I am Pro, I must show that there are Muslims in Netherlands that are fat. Whereas Con must show that there are no fat Muslims in Netherlands. I will start by defining the term Fat, for clarification purposes, followed by my arguments and will close by responding directly to the claims made by my opponent.

Definition

Fat is defined as: having a full, rounded form; usually wide or thick. [1]

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Arguments

I. Visual evidence of fat Muslims in Netherlands.

(source -http://www.juancole.com...)

This first image originates from an article that can be found in the source link shared above. In the picture are Dutch Muslims courtesy of Radio Netherlands. Please note the Muslim women dressed in the traditional Hijab (headscarf) and Jilbab (long, loose, flowing over-garment). [2] I would like to point out the full, rounded form of the Muslim women in the black, gray, and light blue clothing. They are thicker than the lean teenage boy which can be seen to the left of them, as well seemingly having more than 30% body fat as seen in the image below:

(Source - http://www.tristupe.com...)

As we can clearly see, the women presented in the first image are fat Muslim women in Netherlands, thus proving my position in relation to the Resolution at hand.

For further visual evidence, I will also include another image:

(Source - http://www.nytimes.com...)

This additional image provides further evidence of fat Muslims in Netherlands when considering the location of this image is Amsterdam and the woman featured in the center of the image is a fat Muslim woman. To verify the location, please visit the source link shared below the image. We can see by the shape of her body that she fits the definition of fat, and by the choice of attire which includes a traditional head-scarf can see that she is a practicing Muslim.

These images provide visual evidence that there are fat Muslims in the Netherlands. I have included sources for all of the images and even an additional reference image to compare body fat in women for further validation of the evidence I am presenting.

[2] http://www.campusalam.org...

II. I am not saying that ALL Muslims in Netherlands are fat.

I believe this is a key point that should be made in this debate. Not only would it be impossible to prove this, but to even attempt to prove such a thing would be irrelevant to a resolution that does not call for such actions. All that is required of me in this debate is to show that there are fat Muslims in the Netherlands. I believe I have fully upheld my burden to do so in my previous argument. If further evidence of this is truly necessary, all one need do is Google image search for Muslims in Netherlands - it really isn't that uncommon to find an image of Muslims in Netherlands that are fat according to current standards.

Response to claims made by my opponent in R1

I. No source to validate 99% claim.

My opponent made the claim that:
"Confirmations state that 99% of Muslims in Netherlands are fat, therefore do not pose a threat due to their inability of cutting off arms of people and making a firework."

As the title of this says, my opponent makes an extremely controversial claim at the end of R1 and failed to provide any form of source citation or link. How are we to ever accept such an extreme statement as fact without having any source to serve as validation? I would ask that my opponent please back up such claims with sources that can provide further validation, else such claims are nothing more than invalid assumptions which are yet to be proven.

II. My opponent possibly misunderstands his position as Con.

As Con, it would seem appropriate to provide an argument that shows or proves that there are no fat Muslims in Netherlands considering the resolution at hand.

Instead, it seems that my opponent is arguing for the Pro position. Although the statistics shared by my opponent are incorrect until proven valid, it still seems like such an argument would serve to strengthen my position instead of his (at-least in regards to the 99% fat claim - not the fireworks part).

In Conclusion

I have presented visual evidence of Muslims in Netherlands that are fat. In doing so, I have upheld my BOP as Pro in relation to the Resolution. I have also shown how my opponent not only might misunderstand the resolution, but more so that the arguments he made in R1 actually would be more appropriate for proving my position, not his.

I would also like to take a moment to say that I, in no way, mean to come off as insensitive to the struggle that over-weight people face on a daily basis. By tossing around the term 'fat' I know that it might come off as so, but I want to impress the importance of understanding that I am not trying to put anyone down. I am only presenting images of individuals which fit the standard for what is deemed 'fat' in our modern world. I ask that no one try to take offense by my position, because that is the last thing I would want to happen. I am merely attempting to uphold my position on the debate, and personally believe that if someone judges beauty based solely on looks than it is them with the issue, not the ones who happen to be over-weight.

I thank you for your time, and now give the floor back to my opponent.
Duponte1444

Con

Duponte1444 forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

My opponent has forfeited round 2.

I extend all arguments as they currently remain unchallenged.
Duponte1444

Con

Duponte1444 forfeited this round.
Blade-of-Truth

Pro

My opponent has forfeited his final round.

Because of this, I extend all arguments as they remain standing unchallenged. I have upheld my BOP as Pro by providing visual evidence, along with sourcing that evidence and presenting arguments which prove that there are indeed fat Muslims in the Netherlands.

I would like to thank my opponent for starting this debate, and look forward to any and all challenges from him in the future.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Blade, thumbs up!
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
I only troll on trolls that deserve it. I hate it when people are just crude over subjects like fatness. I've got a good friend who has a thyroid gland issue and is currently weighing around 500 pounds... it's no joke. He used to be 170 pounds like me only 3 years ago. It's sad. He can't work with his dad's construction business anymore, can't drive anymore, and is basically just waiting for the inevitable heart attack, once his body outgrows his heart, while living off of disability. I wanted to crush this debate and get it off the challenge pages asap.

A quick defeat is all my opponent deserves.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Troll a troll blade.
Posted by Duponte1444 3 years ago
Duponte1444
@Braxton

vell, firstly many Muslims like to buy fancy cars.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Lol, idk... I didn't even notice that.

Duponte1444 probably just chose something randomly when starting this debate.
Posted by Braxton 3 years ago
Braxton
Why is the category cars?
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
Bigotry +++
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Duponte1444Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff'd. Con misspelled "Netherlands". Con didn't have sources. Con supported Pro. Profulfilled BoP.
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Duponte1444Blade-of-TruthTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and Pro made way better arguments: that not all Muslims are fat but there are fat Muslims in the Netherlands. Con also misspelt Netherlands in the title.