Darocket
Bylin

Must Call of Duty change?

Started: 1/13/2014 Category: Games

Darocket

Pro

Actually, the saga is open to true gamers and idiots who just "1337 $p34k" and annoy the others, the story is short and the maps are almost always uninteresting. Why they shouldn't try something better?
Bylin

Con

It's a game based upon warfare. Yes, while the story is short, you PvP for a unique experience each time you play, the maps may be uninteresting but just because you don't like a game, doesn't mean a game with hundreds of thousands of players has to adapt to your wants.

I find the maps pretty detailed and fun to play in and there are variety of maps, not just three.
Darocket

Pro

I don't mind about the maps' detail, or the type of game, but the story and the gameplay can be way better than now. You may say "Why? The gameplay is acceptable.", but the engine can be improved by adding SERIOUSLY player-triggered destruction, and random events can be very good for maps, all while making the players' actions more realistic, with occasional jams (annoying but normal in deserts and adverse environments, while rare in urban combat), weather conditioning movement and weapons (if you read on wikipedia something about weapon mechanisms, then you'll learn that water and sand can be bad for your guns) and REadding vehicles (yep, COD had playable vehicles that were not the gunships in BO AND BOII! This video, even if humorous, proves it ) while preventing vehicle camping. Difficult, but possible.
Bylin

Con

Bylin forfeited this round.
Darocket

Pro

I have explain more clearly what I said in the previous round:
Maps: With "maps' detail" I mean the presence of barrels and scenery. Yes, it may be important, but I think that the really important thing is THE LAYOUT, that must make the players drop their jaws on the floor (due to how the action is directed in some points, and how intense it may be).

Player-triggered destruction: Remember the skyscraper in Battlefield 4? Well, it does collapse only when selected pillars are destroyed, meaning that this type of destruction is scripted. I want something much more interesting like " You destroy pillars, but the building falls in the direction where, in real life, it would fall".

Weather conditioning movement and weapons: Like, when raining, making the floor more slippery on the outside and making the players slide a bit, for a while, in indoors (like when you climb the stairs when it rains) while minding about the floor's material. Also, when the maps is in a very hostile environment, it should make the player's weapon a bit faulty, like in real life (think about the Marines in Afghanistan).

Vehicles: making them being airdropped from a CH-47 Chinook if they are land based is a good idea, and the air ones should LAND and the pilot (A.I. controlled) should only deliver them. The killstreaks would still be useful (players in vehicles would be supported by A.I. vehicles from killstreaks would be awesome) and would be equalizers (Think about: instead of the infantry screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA we're doomed" when a jeep shows up, they would be like: "you're on a fighter? F*** off eat my laser-guided missile") delivered by the same Chinooks, that may also have drop zones.

Random events: Rain, lightning storms (with occasional crispy soldiers and vehicles), sandstorms ("Damn I can't see nothing and my gun jammed"), tsunamis, reinforcements, random airplane crashes in random places, communications failure, mines... practically, all random things that may happen on a real battlefield.

That would be difficult but would really make a COD that would really make the players say "Damn they finally learnt the lesson!"
Bylin

Con

Bylin forfeited this round.
Darocket

Pro

Since my opponent, ironically, refuses to oppose, I have to explain yet the other very important point: THE PLOT. COD started as a game where single and multiplayer were equally important. So, why making it less important? Why not returning to the origins? It is possible, just like the previous points. The story is ok and convincing, but the length is definitely not. It is a vital part of the game, and must be improved.
Bylin

Con

Bylin forfeited this round.
Darocket

Pro

Darocket forfeited this round.
Bylin

Con

Bylin forfeited this round.
Posted by bullheadednerd 3 years ago
bullheadednerd
really wanted to see this fought thru. disappointing show Bylin.
Posted by fidelacchius 3 years ago
fidelacchius
I want a new setting. I'm getting tried of the "distant future" games. we have had 7 in a row.

I think it would be cool with they did WWII games again for a bit.
Posted by Vladimir_Lenin 3 years ago
Vladimir_Lenin
It's not only Call of Duty, its also Battlefield, you just run around an shoot everybody. Which is pretty similar to Cod.