My God doesn't exist and neither does yours

First, good luck to my challenger.
I've been interested in if this debate is even possible, so I am going to attempt it.

I will be debating in favor that my God doesn't exist, and neither does yours.

1) Both Pro and Con may not use any biblical references as to prove a God's existence unless they have been proved to be fact. Scientific evidence must be provided if biblical references are used to prove a God's existence. This includes scriptures, gospels, and any other such data from bibles across the religions.
2) Please keep it civil :) I'm very interested in this debate and if it's possible to take my side of it. We're all people and we're all in this together, so let's have a fun debate!

Some quotes and my feelings towards them:

1) Genesis 1:2, "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was good."
- Not only is the phrase, "and it was good", something as if it were being told as a story and not fact, from someone's point of view (which they could not have even possibly existed at this time to get this feeling or opinion), but, the creation of any living entity such as grass, can not exist without sunlight. Assuming this story occurs in chronological order, as the creation of entities seems to take place in the beginning of Genesis, then sunlight exists after the creation of grass, which as we know isn't physically possible.

2) Genesis 1:16, "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also"
- Stars are created from what is essentially "space dust", or more scientifically regarded as masses of molecular clouds that are massively dense. This process takes hundreds of thousands to millions of years to complete. If this creation process took a matter of days, then there's no way this process could possibly complete in time for any sort of sustained life.

3) Genesis 3:8, "and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden." "And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?"
- The all-powerful super deity who created the sun and the moon, and all the stars in the sky in the blink of an eye, can't find a naked man and woman hiding behind a bush in a garden, a garden of which he created by the way, just seems too "human" like to me. It seems as if the teller of the story put their emotion into this more-so than what would of most likely happened if there was indeed an all-knowing, mighty God.

So I'm curious to know if my challenge can provide proof of their God's existence. Beliefs do not apply, as I could rebut with my belief that my God will send laser-mounted gorillas on a rampage if anyone disagrees with him. There must be actual proof of a God's existence from my challenger.

Holy Bible - King James Version

I accept the challenge.
I am looking forward to a good and fruitful debate.

Sorry Con, it seems you've misinterpreted the Round 1 objective. I never declared Round 1 to be an acceptance round.

I think the best possible solution is for round 2 to be spent on your rebuttal to my round 1 arguments. I don't want to add more information than the character limit allows by adding new points in round 2.

Please take round 2 to provide your arguments to my round 1, and we can finalize in round 3.

Tonak22 forfeited this round.

I'm not sure if my opponent is intending to forfeit the round or the match.

In an effort to not bring up any more issues than have already been brought up, I will once again ask my opponent to please address the initial points I brought up in the first round.

Tonak22 forfeited this round.
Posted by holden15 5 years ago
Hi Tonak :)

Round 1 was not meant to be an acceptance round. I stated my points and arguments in my opening round 1 statement which were meant for rebuttal.
Posted by holden15 5 years ago
Titles are often given to catch the attention of, or to tickle the brains of someone sweeping over a mass list of them. If you read into the description of the debate, the goals and meanings behind it are clearly stated.
Posted by randolph7 5 years ago
I don't understand this debate. It seems you're saying that pro should argue that pro's god doesn't exist and con should argue that con's god doesn't exist?
Posted by holden15 5 years ago
Are you a being of supernatural power?
Are you worshiped?
Do you control an aspect or part of reality?
Are you a powerful ruler?

Please, don't patronize the debate simply because you want to come across as if you've defeated it. You know the idea behind the debate, and you know your comment goes against what an actual deitistic God.
Posted by crackrocks 5 years ago
my god is myself and I do exist
Vote Placed by randolph7 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit