9spaceking
NiamC

My Opponent Will Not Mention Cats in this Debate

NiamC
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 10/28/2014 Category: Funny

9spaceking

Con

Round one acceptance
I accept full BoP
"Cat"with a capital "C" counts as cat, "cat" with lower-case "c" counts too, "c-a-t" counts as well, a picture or meme of a cat counts too. Even saying "tac reversed" counts. "CAT" in all caps counts too. Weird capitalization or lower-casing does not affect my opponent's wording, regardless of "CaT" or "CAt" or even "cAT", they are all counting as cats. Plural cats still mean cats, it counts as well.
My opponent also cannot say "kitten" in any way as mentioned above.
Opponent will automatically lose if he says "cat" or "kitten" in any way as noticed above.
My opponent: the person who accepts this debate.

My opponent however can make cat puns, as long as "cat" or "kitten" is nowhere to be seen.
My opponent cannot even forfeit one round of the debate. If he forfeits one round he automatically loses.
NiamC

Pro

I accept and I have done what I need to...
9spaceking

Con

It's a sad thing to see my opponent's PURR-FECT picture go away. *Bah-tum-tsh!*

Okay after the terrible pun let's get right on to my first, and possibly strongest argument!

Homer's Brain: Don't you get it? You've gotta use reverse psychology.
Homer: That sounds too complicated.
Homer's Brain: OK, don't use reverse psychology.
Homer: All right, I will!
1. REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY
You see, I said "My Opponent Will Not Mention Cats in this Debate". My opponent will be extroardinarily tempted to mention cats due to the power of reverse psychology. Yes, this psychology works in real life too. As wikipedia's page says, "A[nother] real life example of reverse psychology occurred when pop artist Lady Gaga promoted her upcoming album ARTPOP and its lead single "Applause" by releasing a short film urging fans not to buy her music and stating that she was "no longer relevant as an artist". This is justified by this source: [http://www.msn.com...] As you can see reverse psychology is too dang awesome and godly. There is no way NiamC can resist talking about cats, or even mention cats in this debate.

Let's go to my second argument now.
2. Cats are too cute and awesome

see Youtube video for justification, and meme below as strengthening argument.

Aww, so cute! <3
You can't say "no" to that cat. Rejecting it would make me cry, the cat cry, and you extremely guilty. Not to mention this debate is 5 rounds long, therefore NiamC would have to have wills of iron to stand against the cat and not...mention....CATS!!

Now let's go to my third, killer argument...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
(Drum roll please)
|
|
|
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
(More drum roll please)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
3. My opponent has already failed!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
How, you say? Look below for the evidence...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
(Wait for it...)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

As you can see from this screenshot, my opponent NiamC has clearly typed right out there, "cats" for all of us to see. He has mentioned cats and he has lost. How can he deny this?

My opponent has lost. All points go to me.
NiamC

Pro

What profile picture was you talking about?... I forget sometimes… In all honesty, I have bad memory.
Oh well, moving on!

9Spaceking’s premise on reverse psychology:
I see what you did there… but alas! Your attempts have failed. You see, I am not so easily tempted.
No matter what you say, I will not say the things you desire in order for you to win.

The syllogism which I have gathered from my opponent’s first argument: (hypothetical)
P1.If someone tells someone something convincingly enough (but with the intention on trying to subconsciously convince the person to do the opposite), that targeted person (or audience) will supposedly do the opposite of what they were instructed.
P2. From P1, we could gather that the “effects” of reverse psychology will supposedly cause NiamC (me) to do the opposite of what he (me) first originally intended to do.
C1. NiamC will therefore supposedly do what his opponent, 9spaceking intended for him to do- thus causing NiamC to lose and 9Spaceking to win.

Time to debunk 9Spaceking’s first argument.

In defence of why the first premise is wrong (P1):
My opponent had only provided one example of an instance of reverse psychology supposedly working. One example is way not enough to accurately conclude that I would do likewise to the resolution at hand. I can also say that in the case of Lady Gaga, the attempt of reverse psychology was not just directed at her fanbase, but the whole world. There were approximately 2,500,000 sales of this album so far up to this date (30/10/2014). The current approximation of the world population is around 7.125 billion people. I have calculated from these two numbers that the percentage of someone buying the Lady Gaga album Artpop is 0.0350877192982%.

Don’t believe my math? Here is the source proving the accuracy of my calculation -> http://www.geteasysolution.com...

Now, let’s pretend that what Lady gaga had done, really was an attempt of reverse psychology.

Ok, carrying on. From the fact that only 0.0350877192982% of the world had succumbed to the “effects” of reverse psychology by Lady Gaga and her “anti-promotion” video, and that the targeted audience was the fanbase but also extended to the world. We can conclude that because your (9spacekings’) attempt of “reverse psychology” towards me, and the fact that it was only targeted towards me but also given the fact that I have made it extremely and blatantly obvious that I don’t intend to ever succumb to doing what my opponent intends for me to do- We can see that there is therefore an extremely small chance (perhaps even 0%) of your attempt of reverse psychology working on me.

I would also like to just point out that the source that 9Spaceking had included (http://www.msn.com...) is neither legit or even a source due to the fact that the link takes you to a page which does not include any said article about Lady Gaga nor her album “Artpop”…

The first premise has been debunked.

In defence of why the second premise is wrong (P2):
If reverse psychology were to be true, why on earth would I accept the debate upon reading and acknowledgement of the debate title and resolution if I knew that I would just end up falling victim to the effects of reverse psychology and therefore say the word which I said that I wouldn’t?

You see? Your argument just doesn’t make sense.

In addition, I would also like to say that given that I haven’t said the word which I’m not supposed to say so far in this debate, this is a pretty good indicator that no effects of reverse psychology have taken place on me. There is therefore a pretty high chance that this shall remain consistent throughout the remaining course of this debate.

The second premise has been debunked.

Because the 1st and 2nd premise are false and debunked, the contention has been nullified.

1st Conclusion: I have shown for 9spaceking’s first argument to be false and I have successfully nullified

9spaceking’s second argument:
All I have to do to make my opponents second argument invalid and null is say the following:

1) I say “no” to many things. In this case, I say no to what you say it is impossible for me to say no to.
No.

2) Therefore from me saying no:
i. You should be crying right now… I don’t want you to though… but you clearly stated that you would cry if I said no… so, I would hate to think that your were lying to me , I do hope you weren’t lying to me? XD
ii. According to what you said, an certain furry like mammal animal should be crying as well ( the certain subject animal at hand) – this Is due to the fact that I have said no and to clarify, I shall say it again ->
No.
3) You say that I should be extremely guilty right now. You see, you are completely wrong- I have no remorse, no regret and I feel no guilt whatsoever for saying “no” (Oh look, I said it again) and supposedly causing you and another living thing to cry. : )
4) I have wills of titanium, I could reject saying the forbidden word forever.
Yeah… I don’t really like many animals… hmmn, or am I just playing devil’s advocate. O.o

2nd Conclusion:
I have defied what my opponent said I would do, all because I simply said “no”. From this, we can now conclude that 9Spaceking’s 2nd argument has now also been made invalid and null.

Booyah!

9Spaceking’s 3rd “argument”:
Frankly, I must say that I am quite annoyed by what you have done.

The thing is, that my opponent has presented you (the reader) and I with a photo of what appears to be showing me saying something completely different to what was actually said by me in the R1 of this very same debate!

This is a satirical attempt to try and troll the debate further or maybe with just with the impure intent of trying to use this image as an attempt of trying to win unjustly or even perhaps to try and pressure me into resorting to playing by similar dirty tactical standards.

I’m not going to be aggressive or hostile, as much as I am well and truly annoyed right now. 9spaceking, this one’s for you.

Problems with the image that 9Spaceking has presented:

1) We cannot trust the source validity of this photo at all. How are we to know whether we can trust the credibility of this image? What is even more suspicious, is the fact that my opponent had created the image (the image also cannot be sourced from anywhere else on the internet), so surely there must be an intent of pretence somewhere in this photo?
2) 9spaceking is undermining both the readers and I. This is the case in which if the reader/voters would please once again refer to the round 1 argument, you will in fact see the sentence says “I accept and I have done what I need to...” which by now you probably will have noticed that this sentence presented above does not correspond or match to the sentence presented in 9Spaceking’s photo. Given the fact that “I accept and I have done what I need to...” is actually from the debate page which has been shown to be, we can conclude that the photo presented by 9Spaceking and the contents of that photo is nothing but a fictitious and reformed image with the intent of attempting to change the nature of the debate in unjust favour of himself (9spaceking).
3) That photo could be of another debate.
4) There is no substantial proof from that photo that “pro” is NiamC (me). It could be someone else with the same avi as me.

Also, I completely deny everything that was “apparently said by me” in that “screenshot”.

From this, I can confidently conclude that the photo presented by 9spaceking is invalid, false and therefore makes his third argument now false, nullified and debunked.

Full Conclusion:
I have negated and “rek’d” all three of 9spacekings arguments- All of which have been fully contested. My opponent has not fulfilled the BOP.

Onto the next round.
9spaceking

Con

This is what my opponent looks like right now:

Let's see what my opponent says:
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY
Why not? My opponent offers no justification for why exactly he will be able to resist the mighty power of reverse psychology.

My opponent makes an error in counting everybody in the world. He should not count those that do not have the money to buy Lady Gaga's money album, or those Africans starving to death, because they cannot buy the album, even if they really wanted to. In order for this argument to work, my opponent has to analyze everyone who CAN buy the abum compared to those that actually DO buy the album. As my opponent's argument does not apply, and my opponent CAN mention cats, this only solidifies my powerful tactic.

2. "If reverse psychology were to be true, why on earth would I accept the debate upon reading and acknowledgement of the debate title and resolution if I knew that I would just end up falling victim to the effects of reverse psychology and therefore say the word which I said that I wouldn’t? "
Because you like a good challenge?

NiamC says "no".
My opponent has to direct the "no" to the kitty.
The second "No." My opponent is such an assassin. A deadly, cold villain assassin. However this will only further help my case, as I will explain later...

My 3rd argument:
Haha, you fell for my trap!!! I will drop all my opponent's rebuttals to my "deadly argument" in order to construct an even deadlier argument.

You see, I am God. Or at least, I have the epic power of true prediction.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
(Wait for it...)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

This is what my opponent posted very clearly in the last round:

And this is what I predicted he would post within the comments....

Note that, I clearly stated out there, in this NOT manipulated screen-shot, ONE DAY AGO, BEFORE NIAM POSTED HIS ARGUMENTS, I ALREADY KNEW HOW HE WAS GOING TO RESPOND.
I am the master of prediction. I already showed how I know my opponent inside and out. I was aware he was going to use "Pirate. You cheated." My opponent clearly saw my prediction, as he posted in the comments after I posted my prediction, yet he still fell for my trap and posted the "Pirate. You cheated." You see, this clearly shows how oblivious NiamC is. With my masterful manipulation and expertly-set trap, I can get NiamC to do practically anything; and I know his future actions. Therefore it can only be concluded that my prediction in this debate is already set. Even though my opponent thinks my prediction cannot possibly be true, he cannot avoid the imminent fate that awaits him. Yes, he posted "pirate. You cheated." as I predicted, and he will post as I predict in this debate: he will indeed, mention cats!

4. NiamC is a cold, deadly, cruel assassin.
My opponent, as he has proven, is very cold and does not care about cats in the least. He says "no" to them no matter what and does not give them a chance. However, this only further proves my arguments.
You see, my opponent definitely is planning to destroy me.
"Would you like 9spaceking to succeed?" --some random dude
"No." --NiamC
NiamC would definitely team up with loads of assassins, but he would definitely team up with Cats. He is quite the smart one, having outwitted, at least for the previous round (though not this round) my reverse psychology tactics. Therefore he will most likely try using reverse psychology on me and hire the most unlikely assassin I would think of--Cats.

Cats are amazing planners, really. But he cannot kill me outside this debate, no, he knows he has no other chance. This is pretty much his only debate that will attract the attention of deadly cat assassins. Therefore he will need some secret code. But the cats don't like being addressed indirectly. Therefore NiamC will have no choice but to contact them by mentioning their name, "The Cat Assassins". NiamC cannot hold back from his cruelty, he will indeed say "no" to my existence, and then bribe the Cats to kill off me and show "NO mercy".

As you can see my plan is unraveling fast. My opponent is lured further and further into the Cave of Enchantment and Trickery, and soon, very soon, he will be hypnotized, or even convinced himself, that he has to say "cat" some way or another.
Back to you, NiamC.
NiamC

Pro

Reverse Psychology:

No matter what you say about the Lady Gaga album analogy, you are still forgetting one thing- No matter what you say and up to this current point, I still haven’t said the word (s) which would cause me to lose this debate and you to win.

Even if that example really was an example of reverse psychology. You still haven’t actually shown how I would say the word which I said I wouldn’t- It is also impossible to draw a conclusion from this to say that I will somehow be convinced to say the word which I said I wouldn’t. Therefore, your argument for reverse psychology Is invalid either way given the fact that I still am maintaining my position in this debate.

So therefore because I haven’t said that word (or plural form) I am winning so far and I very well intend to stay like that.

“Because you like a good challenge?

No, I accepted this debate because it seemed like a fairly straightforward topic and quite the opposite of “challenging”.

So once again, I shall reiterate what I have said before (and still remains uncontested) : If reverse psychology were to be true, why on earth would I accept the debate upon reading and acknowledgement of the debate title and resolution if I knew that I would just end up falling victim to the effects of reverse psychology and therefore say the word which I said that I wouldn’t?

“NO” argument:

Ok fine, I will say no once more to the poor animal.

*looks at the feline animal* Mr. Feline, NO.

There, I said no. Now your argument is once more invalid.

Moving on…

3rd argument:

My opponent has dropped all my rebuttals against his argument

Predictions Argument:

My opponent said that he made a prediction predicting that I would utilise a certain meme in this debate supposedly called the “Pirate, You cheated” meme. And now he claims that I have used that certain “meme” and now believes that he has the “epic power of true prediction”.

My opponent has introduced a major flaw into his argument-

This is not a meme! This is a gif.

A gif is an animated image formatted to be on an infinite loop. A meme is not something which is animated and formatted to be on an infinite loop… otherwise it would be a gif.

http://dustn.tv...

Furthermore, to help prove that the “gif” above is indeed a gif, all you have to do is right click on the gif and then it will take you to a save option box (don’t actually save the gif though) and at the bottom it will class the file type of that “Gif” as a gif image. This is the proof to show that the above gif is in fact a gif and not a .png or .Jpeg file (which gifs can’t be saved as but memes can)

Now let’s assume hypothetically that 9Spaceking did intend to call “You cheated, Pirate” a gif-

The gif which I have used does include the words “you cheated” and “pirate” but it is not appropriate or accurate to call it the “Pirate, You cheated” because If you have seen the first Pirates of The Caribbean (from which the gif is based from), you would know that the “you cheated” part is said first, then the “Pirate” part (Don’t believe me? If so, please refer to the YouTube video attached to my argument).Therefore, it would be improper to call the gif “Pirate, you cheated”. Ergo, it would only be logical to see the gif which you predicted to be used, to be something different to the gif which I had used. To make such a reckless error makes me question the credibility of 9spaceking’s prediction skills.

Now from this, we can conclude that Spaceking’s prediction skills definitely not as good nor accurate as he has made it out to be. But seeing as spaceking was not aware of these flaws, he then carried to say with such great confidence that I will mention and say the word that I said I wouldn’t.

“I am the master of prediction.”

Oh really?

If you are the master prediction, then you should be predicting that I will not mention the word I said I wouldn’t mention.

You might as well drop your “master prediction” argument now to save yourself the embarrassment of later finding out that your predictions of me losing are in fact wrong, inaccurate and indeed false. : p

Argument 4:

I can assure you that I am not an assassin nor do I ever intend to practise the arrangement of an assassination of anyone. So don’t worry 9Spaceking, I don’t ever intend to have or want you to be assassinated by anything… especially by a feline…

You have no proof for me being an assassin.

I will extend my rebuttals in the next round.

Why all my opponent’s arguments have failed:

Why im winning so far:
1. I have not fallen victim to reverse psychology by Spaceking yet (attempts to make me say the word (synonym=feline)).
2. I have resisted the supposed “cuteness” and “awesomeness” of feline animals.
3. Even if I am an assassin, even If I do ever collaborate with Felines and kill you, I still won’t mention the forbidden word. Right now, I am not an assassin (I never have been) and I have so far not mentioned the forbidden word.

You have to remember that no matter what my opponent says i.e an assassin etc etc, all of his arguments will only be valid if I DO mention the word that I said I wouldn’t- Spaceking would win.

But! If I do manage to not mention the word that I said I wouldn’t, then Spaceking’s arguments would all be false and invalid therefore causing him to have not have upheld the BOP- I would therefore win the debate.

Because I have so far done what I was originally meant to do, all of spaceking;s arguments are not valid and are null – despite how “logical” they may be.

So, If I wanted, I could just say “moving on” in R4 and I would still be winning (assuming that I haven’t mentioned the forbidden word by that point) even if you did to make more argument points.

The resolution is this: MY OPPONENT WILL NOT MENTION X IN THIS DEBATE. <- "X" representing the word I said I would not mention.

I am pro, I am for this resolution.

My opponent is con. He has full BOP but has not upheld it given the fact that pro is currently affirming the resolution.

“moving on” :p

9spaceking

Con

Yeah, my opponent's "almost there"!

Anyhow...
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY:
Even if you want to, that doesn't mean you won't. Your will can go against yourself. You can be forced to do things you don't want to do.

"If reverse psychology were to be true, why on earth would I accept the debate upon reading and acknowledgement of the debate title and resolution if I knew that I would just end up falling victim to the effects of reverse psychology and therefore say the word which I said that I wouldn’t?"
Maybe you thought I wouldn't notice. I'm not a very observative person, you know.

My predictions aren't as accurate as they should be?
Well they are still accurate in some way. They still say "pirate" and they still said "you cheated", regardless of the order. I predicted you would mention cats in this debate, so you will in some kind of order, some kind of twisted order similar to how I said "Niam will post the pirate. You cheated meme", but in reality Niam posted the "You cheated. Pirate. Gif". You see, even in a different order, he fulfilled my prophecy. Therefore, based on this pattern, Niam will probably post "tac" because that is "Cat" reversed. Yet, I prevent him from saying "Tac" from round one of the debate. Therefore, by my oddly twisted prophecy, my opponent will still lose.

--Opponent is not an assassin
Then why do you not care about these poor kitties? It is obvious some malicious force is at work. And malicious force equals having to team up with malicious cats.

My opponent is already falling into my trap. While being perfectly intact within the last few rounds, his mental stability has been broken down by my vicious attacks. I post a manipulated screenshot? NiamC is forced to post poor William saying "you cheated", and Captain Jack Sparrow responding "pirate". I claim I have the power of prediction? Niam goes over the nitty-gritties of memes versus Gif's. I accuse him of being an assassin? He starts mentioning "feline", being forced now to having to paraphrase the resolution.
You see, he is obviously falling and failing. While once being logical and perfectly intact, he fell for my traps, resorted to nitty-gritty differences, and even synonymous wording. There are still two more rounds. Attack after attack, he will eventually have no choice, but to speak "cat", one way or another.

In fact, technically my opponent has already said "cat". Let me post his argument until you see the cat....
"Reverse Psychology:

No mat[ter]"
See? My opponent has already fell for my trap in one way. He has said "c...at". Even if this does not count, he will eventually have to move the letters closer and closer. One clear evidence is his youtube video, titled "Captain Jack Sparrow responds to cheating accusation with "PIRATE!" The letters "ca" and "T" are seperated by merely one letter. Niam C moves closer and closer to being defeated, from being about 10 letters to losing to merely one letter. He will have to eventually either make an accidental typo, or fall for one of my traps, ultimately saying "cat", and losing this debate.

Let's see if you can survive this round, NiamC.

NiamC

Pro

Yep... soon…soon this will be over. Thank the lord…

Before I properly begin.

As much as I enjoyed the video posted by you in R4, I have to ask you the relevance of the video to the debate.

Moving on-

“Even if you want to, that doesn't mean you won't. Your will can go against yourself. You can be forced to do things you don't want to do.

I’m not going to try combat this like what I have done in previous rounds. Instead I shall only say- Let’s just wait and see what happens at the end of my R5 argument; that is what will ultimately decide whether or not your arguments have been successful i.e. whether or not I have mentioned the word that I said I wouldn’t mention.

Predictions argument:

Let’s just clear one thing

This a meme.

This is a gif

I understand that there may not be a big difference in these two image types (especially the fact that they are both “you cheated, pirate”), but there is still nevertheless a difference. Your supposed prediction was somewhat accurate but not completely accurate. It also makes me question your supposed master prediction skills which you clearly made it to be through these -> “You see, I am God. Or at least, I have the epic power of true prediction.”…I am the master of prediction.”

From this, I could conclude therefore that your prediction of my fate may not be as accurate as you first made it out to be. But like I said in the previous argument, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens in my last round argument (as I have previously explained why)

Assassin Argument:

I am not an assassin regardless of what you say. I don’t care about “young felines” because they have no emotional appeal towards me. How exactly does not caring about these animals make me an assassin? You say that there is “obviously some malicious force at work” but you make no backing up for what you have said… you then also draw a mysterious conclusion from what you said last that I “obviously” must be teaming up with feline assassins…

One question. What on earth has your assassin argument got to do with me “supposedly” ending up mentioning the word which I said I wouldn’t mention?

“You see, he is obviously falling and failing. While once being logical and perfectly int4ct he fell for my traps, resorted to nitty-gritty differences, and even synonymous wording. There are still two more rounds. Att4ck after att4ck, he will eventually have no choice, but to speak "***", one way or another.”

Well, we’ll just have to wait and see.

To conclude this round:

Spaceking has not fulfilled the BOP.

In order to have fulfilled the BOP, I have to have broken the rules and contradicted the preposition and resolution.

Because all of his arguments conclude somehow that I will contradict the resolution, they will only be valid if I do contradict the resolution. If I have sustained the resolution, then all his arguments will be invalid, nullified etc etc because all of them end with the “conclusions” that I will contradict the resolution and preposition.

Therefore, we can conclude ->

That Spaceking’s arguments are all currently invalid and null (I intend to keep it this way ^.^) because I have sustained the preposition and resolution. Therefore, my opponent has not upheld the BOP.

Moving on…

FYI, I survived this round. : )

9spaceking

Con

FINAL ROUND.
Not to worry, NiamC. The fair and just Jack McGonnell is here....to deliver the final blow and end you.

"Let’s just wait and see what happens at the end of my R5 argument; that is what will ultimately decide whether or not your arguments have been successful i.e. whether or not I have mentioned the word that I said I wouldn’t mention."
Okay. We will indeed see, NiamC.

Assassin Argument:
9spaceking's argument here is indeed a little weak. It's very gambling, and is jumping to conclusions.

9spaceking's arguments are invalid and null: you are correct, he is lame, unlike me.

Looking over this debate, it really didn't seem as half as hard as 9space vs Envisage's logical fallacy debate. If 9space had allowed me to start from round 2, maybe, just maybe he could have made you say what you didn't want to say. Unfortunately it seems that not even I can save this debate. But Jack does not simply "concede". Therefore I allow 9space to have the final word.

Sigh.... not even Jack can save me. :( It looks like all my arguments are now down the drain. I can't do anything to make you say what you don't want to say. This was a loss from the start. It seems you have 4,000 elo now, and I'm further away from my 30 net wins goal. You win.

You may now say whatever you want to say. :3
NiamC

Pro

Well um... this is a little confusing...

The end is near, soon it will be over... soon...
I'll be honest, you do put up a good fight. You are a strong debater, indeed.

I think my opponent has conceded... I'm not to sure, so I will treat this like the debate is still continuing.

"This was a loss from the start "
No, there was still the chance that I could have accidentally or even purposely contradicted the preposition/resolution at any point in this debate.

"You may now say whatever you want to say. :3 "
Hmmn... this seems suspicious... The debate is not over just so yet. I will once again remain and be consistent in what I have done so far. XD

"You win."
Okay... whew... This debate sure was challenging for me. Thank the lord this is over now...

To my opponent: Thank you for being such a good sport! I didn't exactly enjoy the debate itself but moreso the challenge it presented upon me. Thank you for this debate

To the voters/readers: I still have sustained the preposition, therefore my opponent has not fulfilled the bop nor has his arguments have been validified (regardless of his concession or not).

... I guess.... vote pro ...

Once again to my opponent: I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours to achieve your 30 net win goal!

Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
The debate was instigated by Con. He started a resolution saying "my opponent will not mention cats in this debate." If he was Pro, he'd win - since he'd be affirming the resolution and because Pro didn't mention Cats. But he was against it, thus losing the debate since Pro didn't say cat/cats. I think you might be confused Annie.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Blade-of-truth, REREAD THE RESOLUTION
Posted by Beginner 2 years ago
Beginner
cannot = ca[..]t = cat. 9SPACE WINSSSS!!
Posted by Beginner 2 years ago
Beginner
This one was nothing if not entertaining. :)
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
the "giving up" was a trick... :(
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
haha...
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
I'd just like to brag that I pointed that out to Ajab.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
I edited by inspecting the element and editing the html, then screen-shooting
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
*ja<x>vascript code
Posted by n7 2 years ago
n7
lol did you use photoediting or did you use that ja<x>vascript code for getting that photo?
Vote Placed by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
9spacekingNiamC
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Niam accepted the debate, as the proposition, and had to prove that 9space would not mention Cats. 9space mentioned Cats, and thus, according to the resolution, he has won, like I informed Ajabi. 9space's last round almost made me leave this as a tie- but Niam failed to defend his arguments efficiently.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
9spacekingNiamC
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, accordingly satisfied the resolution by not mentioning the word: cat/cats.
Vote Placed by Ajabi 2 years ago
Ajabi
9spacekingNiamC
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: If only Con had mentioned that NiamC was Pro and that NiamC is affirming the resolution. The resolution says that 9spaceking will not use the word cats, and NiamC would be affirming this. 9space could have said "cat" and given this analysis and won. Instead I believe he forfeited, so for all intents and purposes I vote Pro.