Piggytato
bubbatheclown

My country has a better backstory than yours

Piggytato

Piggytato

Pro

The wonderful island nation Piggytatoa has the best backstory in the world, anyone who disagrees state you backstory and prove to me why it is better!
bubbatheclown

Con

I accept; I will tell the tale of the fictional nation of Fenrose, located in the Balkan Peninsula.
Piggytato

Pro

My citizen's ancestors were the Snortopians, an ancient race of people who ruled the earth under the pig god. Before the civilization was destroyed, they had unimaginable technology, we now couldn't create anything like it after 1,000 more years of development. Then the dark day came, when portals to the six-hundreth-and-thirty-sixth dimension opened all around the world. Through those portals came the dark army of the Stickians. Who allied with some of Snortopia's greatest enemies, the Bronies and the Furries. With the help of the pig god, Snortopia defeated them against all odds. But the great country of Snortopia sunk into the sea leaving only a handful of survivors...

Tell me your beginning clown!
bubbatheclown

Con

Archaeological records have shown evidence that the Illyrian Peoples have inhabited the area which is now Fenrose since at least 1150 BC.
In 471 BC, a tribal chieftain named Seitaric took power in a small tribe called the Hydarii, who lived in what is today Fenrose. In thirteen years later he had conquered most of the area which is today Fenrose (and slightly more). This empire was called Hydaria.

This empire, unfortunately, was destroyed by the Romans more than 200 years later in the Hydarii War, which took place from 255 BC to 253 BC. The conflict was recorded by a Roman soldier named Romulus Flavius Lupus.
The region which was Hydaria was made into a Roman Province, as it stayed until the dissolution of the Roman Empire and the invasion of the Balkan Region by various Northern European tribes, such as the Visigoths under Alaric.
The region of Hydaria was was settled by many Visigoths, who mixed with the local people, the Hydarii.

In 466 AD a new kingdom emerged in Hydaria, a kingdom led by King Oestichus I, a devout Christian who was loyal to the Church in Rome. The Kingdom, called Fenrosia, was never conquered by the Byzantine Empire, though during the next 1000 years there would be two or three battles between Fenrosia and the Byzantine Empire.

The Oestichian Dynasty lasted until 816 AD, when King Falthric took over and established a new dynasty.

In 1308, the Kingdom of Fenrosia embarked on the first Fenrosian Crusade, organized by the King of Fenrose and the Pope in Rome. Despite it being in the Balkans, the Fenrosians were Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox people in Fenrosia were persecuted.
The Fenrosian Crusade was basically banditry on the Silk Road, robbing Silk Road merchants and returning to Fenrose with sacks of gold. Fenrosia benefited greatly from these raids. They gave part of their profits to Rome and they used a lot of the rest of it to build a church in Fenrosia's capital city, Kalogg. The Church of St. Oestichus, which contains stained glass paintings and renaissance paintings on the walls (added later), still stands today.
However, the Silk Road raids had stopped by 1371 AD, for reasons disputed by archaeologists. The most likely reason is that the Arab started arming their trade convoys.

By the beginning of the 16th century the nation was called Fenrose, which is its modern name.

In 1504 the Ottoman Empire invaded Fenrose. Aided by mercenaries from Europe at the request of the Papacy, Fenrose was able to resist the Ottoman Invaders. The war ended in 1507.
The unsuccessful Siege of Vienna by the Ottomans, as well as the Ottoman-Habsburg Wars and the Ottoman-Fenrose Treaty of Kalogg in 1509 caused the Ottomans to not attack Fenrose again.
Fenrose sided with the Holy League during the Great Turkish War, which started in 1683 and ended in 1699. This was the last time that the Ottomans and Fenrose would fight again for slightly over 200 years.
During the early modern age Fenrosia/Fenrose dealed heavily with the banks of Italian City states, increasing its wealth.

In 1916, Fenrose entered the Great War (World War I) against the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the Ottoman Empire. Fenrose lost nearly 150,000 men on the front lines of the war, but they were on the winning team. Shortly after the Ottoman Empire broke apart, Fenrose seized the Island of Kurtja (off Fenrose's coast), in 1923.
During WWII, Fenrose fought again for the Allies during the Balkan Campaign. The Nazis conquered Fenrose in 1941 and briefly occupied Fenrose until 1944. The Invasion and Occupation of Fenrose killed nearly 100,000 Fenrosians in three short years. The Fenrosians resisted Nazi occupation fiercely until the Nazis withdrew from Fenrose in 1944.
After the war ended, the ancient Kingdom of Fenrose was replaced with the Republic of Fenrose, a government that was given 50 million dollars in aid by the United States after WWII ended.

In 1949, the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia invaded Fenrose in a war that lasted until the UN helped cause a ceasefire agreement in 1951. This was known as the Fenrose-Yugoslav War.
In 1962, fearing another communist invasion by Yugoslavia, the Second Republic of Fenrose (a new government formed shortly after the end of the Fenrose-Yugoslav War) announced that Fenrose had performed its first nuclear weapons test. Afraid of Fenrose, Yugoslavia never invaded Fenrose again.

In 1992, shortly after the breakup of Yugoslavia, the Fenrosian government released documents revealing that they didn't actually have nuclear weapons. In 1997 Fenrose signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Also in 1997 Fenrose announced that it would cooperate with the Italian Government in construction a bridge that reached from Fenrose to Italy. In 2007, on the tenth anniversary of the project's announcement, the bridge was formally opened.

As of March 31, 2014, the Fourth Republic of Fenrose is a nation with 7.9 million people and is the third largest economy in the Balkans.

Reason why my nation is better:
Mine, while fictional, has a MUCH greater historical backbone than my opponent's. My opponent's fictional nation apparently is a nation of pigs (impossible), which was attacked by bronies (didn't exist until the existence of the MLP Franchise).

Unless my opponent has a very good defense to make up for his nation's ridiculous back story, I advise voters to vote for me.
Piggytato

Pro

Piggytato forfeited this round.
bubbatheclown

Con

I will have to forfeit the remaining rounds, but if my opponent does likewise then this should not be taken into consideration by voters. Please vote according to who had the better nation background.
Piggytato

Pro

Piggytato forfeited this round.
bubbatheclown

Con

bubbatheclown forfeited this round.
Piggytato

Pro

Piggytato forfeited this round.
bubbatheclown

Con

bubbatheclown forfeited this round.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 3 years ago
LogicalLunatic
I did NOT plagiarize this. You can look it up yourself; I worked hard on this debate.
Posted by Your_Logical_Fallacy 3 years ago
Your_Logical_Fallacy
Oh and the back story I cant help you on that ill have to ask hulk hogan xD
Your_Logical_Fallacy
Oh and sorry about the long time i havent been on debate.org in awhile
Your_Logical_Fallacy
Steakatoll The greatest of all I remember when i was seven my dad hulk hogan needed some protien for the family so we got on our boat and sailed to steakatoll The moment we arrived there we hered a loud MOO I turned my flashlight on (It was a foggy night) and millions of cows covering thousands of acres. Hulk hogan got the axe and killed a cow, we took the cow back and it was by far the greatest meat ive ever eaten. I now live in steakatoll with my wife Shella The cow.
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
You gonna post?
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
Steakatoll. Nice
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
Tell us about Steakatoll, please.
Your_Logical_Fallacy
No Steakatoll Is the best
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
PiggytatobubbatheclownTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff but copied/plagiarized backstory...seriously. The crusades, the silk road...is this china or what? Oh yes, and the Ottoman Empire is a dead giveaway.