DeadLeaves93
Airborne

My favorite band is better then my opponent's favorite band.

DeadLeaves93

DeadLeaves93

Pro

My favorite band is The White Stripes.

For this first round, My opponent will just state their favorite band, and our arguments will begin in round two.

In order to win this debate, my opponent must prove that his favorite band is either better than or equal to The White Stripes.

The better band will be judged on these qualities:
1. Talent
2. Chemistry
3. Diversity
4. Communication with the Audience
5. Direction of Music

I wish my opponent good luck.
Airborne

Con

My Favorite band is Slipknot.
DeadLeaves93

Pro

I thank you, Airborne, for accepting this debate. I look forward to debating you.
Now, lets get started.

*I ask that any videos posted in this debate be watched in their entirety when I ask.*

I will use this round to sum up what makes The White Stripes great, using the five qualities I stated previously.

::Talent::
The White Stripes are one of the most talented bands out there. Jack White is one of the greatest musicians ever, ranking up there with Page and Hendrix. He OWNS the guitar. Him and Meg's music is authentic, original, and unique. Their style ranges everywhere between Detroit Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, and American Folk music. For two, let me repeat that, TWO people, they produce some of the most ground-breaking music of the modern era.

They have won several awards for their music, including five Grammies and five MTV Video Music Awards.

Here is a small list containing a few of their achievements:
- Best International Group (2004)
The White Stripes
- Best International Album (2004)
Elephant
- Best Rock Song (2004)
"Seven Nation Army"
- Best Alternative Music Performance (2004, 2006, and 2008)
Elephant, Get Behind Me Satan, Icky Thump
- Breakthrough Video (2002)
"Fell in Love with a Girl"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Again, these are only a few of their awards, but you can see that The White Stripes are recognized as an outstanding band by many people. My opponent can feel free to share Slipknot's awards (or not) if he wishes.

*To give you guys a little taste of how talented these guys are, please watch the first video now.*

Hard to believe that it's only two people playing, isn't it? You can see Jack putting his entire soul in that guitar. It just doesn't get much better than that, folks.

This proves The White Stripes have extreme talent, no questions asked.

::Chemistry::
Jack and Meg go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. They are perfect together. Jack's powerful riffs and melodic vocals are excellently complimented by Meg's primal and simplistic drums. A good way to tell if a band has good chemistry or not is by looking at their live performances. The White Stripes sound just as good, if not better, live as they do on their albums. Jack and Meg make their shows energetic, exciting, and memorable.

*To give everyone an example of a live performance, please watch the second video now.*

After watching that, there is no way you could say that the two don't work well together. They do everything they can to make their shows the best they can be. They also show communication with each other, glancing at one another from time to time. Jack often walks next to Meg and plays alongside her too. The White Stripes clearly have chemistry.

::Diversity::
The White Stripes' songs don't all sound the same, unlike Slipknot, but instead each have a unique tone and rhythm. Songs like "Blue Orchid", "Conquest", "Catch Hell Blues", "Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn", and "Sugar Never Tasted So Good" are all examples of how diverse Jack and Meg can be. No two songs sound alike, and each one is fresh and different from everything else. The same, however, can not be said for Slipknot. Honestly, a bulk of their music sounds so similar, that while listening to some of their songs, I was having a great difficulty telling them apart. All it is is heavy riffs over and over followed by screaming, then Corey Taylor talking so fast that you cannot make out what he is saying, followed by screaming again. This seems to be the formula for the majority of their songs. Anyway, back to The White Stripes. The unique sounds of their songs and the difference of them from each other shows that they are obviously superior to Slipknot in diversity.

::Communication with the Audience::
The White Stripes always get involved with their audience in their shows. Sometimes in the middle of a song, Jack will stop and talk to the fans a little, then resume playing again. They always have fun with their crowd, whether it be joking with them or messing around with them.

*Everyone can see Jack having fun with his audience in the third video, please watch it now.*

As you all can see, The White Stripes make sure that their fans are having a good time and getting what they paid for, something many bands wouldn't even care about. This is really one of the characteristics of theirs that shines the most.
Oh, and Slipknot calling their audience "maggots" and "motherf***ers" doesn't really appeal as much, does it? The White Stripes have a better communication with their audience, hands down.

::Direction of Music::
The White Stripes started out as a small band in Detroit playing as part of the Michigan underground music scene, but they grew and grew as the years went on and their popularity increased. They stay true to their Detroit roots, keeping their songs as passionate and tasteful as they were when they were first written. Jack and Meg's direction is simple: They will keep making quality music for their fans, adding something new each time, for the sole purpose of entertainment. They love what the do, and they do what they love. The White Stripes are everything that makes a great band, and more.

As I have now stated my explanation of how The White Stripes are a great band, hitting all the qualities that that will be judged on, I eagerly await my opponent's response.

Good luck to my opponent.

Vote PRO!
Airborne

Con

Airborne forfeited this round.
DeadLeaves93

Pro

Unfortunately, it appears that my opponent has forfeited the round.
As I nothing to argue, I can only hope my opponent responds back this round so we can continue.

I thank the audience for reading this debate.

Vote PRO!
Airborne

Con

Airborne forfeited this round.
DeadLeaves93

Pro

This is a shame, I really hoped to have a serious debate about this topic since it was something I truly cared about.

Since my opponent has neither informed me of why he thinks his band is better, or argued any of my points, I do not see how you could not vote for PRO.

I again thank the audience for viewing this debate!
Airborne

Con

Airborne forfeited this round.
Posted by FeatherintheWind 8 years ago
FeatherintheWind
I dont need a ride, but good to see your still being the same old jackass. And I'll bet you I ended up with a higher grade in that class anyway, semester wise. Oh and the only thing I ever said about mick was that he acted gay, not he looked gay. Plenty of girls think hes good looking so I dont care about that. Happy semester to you too.
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
You wish you could kick my asss. We got the same thing in that class. And your just mad because you look like Mick Jagger. So all that Sh!t you said about him being gay and what not has been turned around on you. Have a good rest of the year Mick. And you can forget about me giving you a ride to school for second block beotch.
Posted by FeatherintheWind 8 years ago
FeatherintheWind
oh and by the way, that last comment you left made no sense, I never said anything about me not comprehending stuff, and spelling has nothing to do with that anyway. I said you need to pay attention, maybe that way you wouldnt get your arse kicked in barretts class everyday.
Posted by FeatherintheWind 8 years ago
FeatherintheWind
name at least three words I spelled incorrectly you little sh!t
Posted by FeatherintheWind 8 years ago
FeatherintheWind
nobody ive talked to likes your stuff.
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
Thanks man. I would just like to point out how you have the spelling skills of a third grader so how could you possibly comprehend anything anybody is saying. And if i suck so bad why do you always say you wanted me in the band and it wasn't your idea to kick me out. Oh and I don't give a damn what you think cause we already got stuff and Everybody likes it except your cocky tail so just go kill yourself.
Posted by FeatherintheWind 8 years ago
FeatherintheWind
oh and also dont be mad you do the same any many mini mo thing in your "band". You suck on drums about as bad as she sucks.
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
No Prob Man. The White Stripes are awesome.
Posted by DeadLeaves93 8 years ago
DeadLeaves93
Thanks Voodoo =)
Posted by VoodooChild 8 years ago
VoodooChild
First of all I would just like to say. FeatherBoy y ou are the most ignorant ill - informed little brat i have ever known. There not brother and sister and Jack did leave her and made his own band called The Racounteers but came back to The White Stripes. The White Stripes are the best and under certain circumstances i think Jack can and should be compared to Hendrix and Page. He is the most extraodinary slide player. He's got a great style and so what if Meg's beat aren't the most complex and hardest things in the world. They are simple and they just sound awesome because they are just basic beats. You are doing a fantastic job DeadLeaves. And I have to say that my favorites songs are probably "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" and "You don't know what love is". The solo is awesome in that song.
Vote Placed by jedis2008 8 years ago
jedis2008
DeadLeaves93AirborneTied
Vote Placed by theitalianstallion 8 years ago
theitalianstallion
DeadLeaves93AirborneTied
Vote Placed by DeadLeaves93 8 years ago
DeadLeaves93
DeadLeaves93AirborneTied